Evon

Default muddy well water

I bought a cabin about 1 year ago. The past 6 months the well water has been
very muddy red color. This is not constant but is getting more and more
frequent. I talked to surround neighbors, (same side of the mountain) and
they said this happens around here - just put a whole house filter on and
live with it. I on two in line filters on and with in about a 3 week time
span both need replaced. Should I consider calling a well driller and insist
on drilling my well deeper? I talked to one driller and he said if you got
good water flow don't screw with it, you could wind up with no water!

Brian

Sounds like iron in the water....

Have it tested, there are number of iron form: bacteria, compounds,
etc.

But first step is to take it to the lab for testing.

number of solutions available, such as chemical treatments that injects
chlorine or ones that use some catalitic reaction on filter, and then
wash away iron with system backwash cycle.

see:
http://www.reopure.com/terminator.html

Anyway do your own research.

Evon

I had the water tested and it is iron, but it was deemed safe to drink. If
you put water in a bucket, the red substance will settle out of solution. It
looks like very fine red clay.

"JerseyMike" wrote in message

"Evon" wrote in message
k.net...
I bought a cabin about 1 year ago. The past 6 months the well water has

been
very muddy red color. This is not constant but is getting more and more
frequent. I talked to surround neighbors, (same side of the mountain)

and
they said this happens around here - just put a whole house filter on

and
live with it. I on two in line filters on and with in about a 3 week

time
span both need replaced. Should I consider calling a well driller and

insist
on drilling my well deeper? I talked to one driller and he said if you

got
good water flow don't screw with it, you could wind up with no water!

if you fill a bucket, will the red settle out and fall to the bottom or

does
it stay muddy red? ask your neighbors if this is a seasonal happening or

if
it comes and goes throughout the year. definatly get the water checked

and
ask some locals of a well driller who can give you better answers about

what
it happens. if you turn on a hose will it eventually run clear or does it
still run muddy. maybe you need to purge the point. are you losing water
pressure??

Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 09:59 PM
Grounding Rod Info Mark Wilson Home Repair 37 July 19th 03 02:34 PM