Evon

I had the water tested and it is iron, but it was deemed safe to drink. If
you put water in a bucket, the red substance will settle out of solution. It
looks like very fine red clay.

"JerseyMike" wrote in message

"Evon" wrote in message
k.net...
I bought a cabin about 1 year ago. The past 6 months the well water has

been
very muddy red color. This is not constant but is getting more and more
frequent. I talked to surround neighbors, (same side of the mountain)

and
they said this happens around here - just put a whole house filter on

and
live with it. I on two in line filters on and with in about a 3 week

time
span both need replaced. Should I consider calling a well driller and

insist
on drilling my well deeper? I talked to one driller and he said if you

got
good water flow don't screw with it, you could wind up with no water!

if you fill a bucket, will the red settle out and fall to the bottom or

does
it stay muddy red? ask your neighbors if this is a seasonal happening or

if
it comes and goes throughout the year. definatly get the water checked

and
ask some locals of a well driller who can give you better answers about

what
it happens. if you turn on a hose will it eventually run clear or does it
still run muddy. maybe you need to purge the point. are you losing water
pressure??