Leo

Default Air in Water Lines?

When I turn on the hot water faucet in a sink or shower it 'sputters' as if
there is air in the line. I have not done any plumbing work that would have
caused this... what is happening? I can't find any obvious leaks
anywhere???

ML

William W. Plummer

Leo wrote:
When I turn on the hot water faucet in a sink or shower it 'sputters' as if
there is air in the line. I have not done any plumbing work that would have
caused this... what is happening? I can't find any obvious leaks
anywhere???

The water line is pressurized so an leak would not admit air. Maybe
your water heater is set too high and there is boiling happening.

Dave Morrison

William W. Plummer wrote:
Leo wrote:

When I turn on the hot water faucet in a sink or shower it 'sputters'
as if there is air in the line. I have not done any plumbing work
that would have caused this... what is happening? I can't find any
obvious leaks anywhere???

The water line is pressurized so an leak would not admit air. Maybe
your water heater is set too high and there is boiling happening.

Not always true, flowing water can pull in air through a hole, when the
flow stops the the hole becomes a leak. Google "venturi".
A leak under a slab could cause this
Dave

stretch

I have seen a dip tube in the water heater cause this. That would only
affect the hot lines. Does the water smell bad? If so change to an
aluminum dip tube in the water heater. Might be gasses disolved in the
water like coming out like bubbled out of soda pop with a change in
temperature or pressure.

Stretch

jcrandall

Leo,

-------------------------------------
Leo wrote:

When I turn on the hot water faucet in a sink or shower it 'sputters'
as if
there is air in the line. I have not done any plumbing work that would
have
caused this... what is happening? I can't find any obvious leaks
anywhere???

ML

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums

jcrandall

Leo,
I have been experienceing the same thing. I had a new pump installed and
shortly there aftr I experience the air in the lines, primarily the hot
water. Did you ever solve your problem? If so please let me know what you
did.
Thanks
Jerry
-------------------------------------
Leo wrote:

When I turn on the hot water faucet in a sink or shower it 'sputters'
as if
there is air in the line. I have not done any plumbing work that would
have
caused this... what is happening? I can't find any obvious leaks
anywhere???

ML

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
barbarow

See http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/waterhammer.htm
"jcrandall" wrote in message
news:1123132439.1ab4633f31e13e247bcf6e4bdec8fc6d@t eranews...

Leo,

-------------------------------------
Leo wrote:

When I turn on the hot water faucet in a sink or shower it 'sputters'
as if
there is air in the line. I have not done any plumbing work that would
have
caused this... what is happening? I can't find any obvious leaks
anywhere???

ML

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums

Hot water recirculation [email protected] Home Repair 18 August 9th 04 05:32 AM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 09:59 PM
Grounding Rod Info Mark Wilson Home Repair 37 July 19th 03 02:34 PM