Greg

Default Automated Window Closer

I have a sliding window in my bedroom that I would like to leave open at night and then have automatically close at around 5:00 or 6:00 when the morning traffic arrives.

I was thinking I would get some sort of timer mechanism connected to a relay or electromagnet with enough push power to close the window when the timer is set.

Any idea how I might do this? Or is there someone who possibly makes this?

Greg s

I'm not afraid of heights. I'm afraid of widths.

Robert Allison

Greg wrote:

I have a sliding window in my bedroom that I would like to leave open at
night and then have automatically close at around 5:00 or 6:00 when the
morning traffic arrives.

I was thinking I would get some sort of timer mechanism connected to a
relay or electromagnet with enough push power to close the window when
the timer is set.

Any idea how I might do this? Or is there someone who possibly makes this?

› Greg š

I'm not afraid of heights. I'm afraid of widths.

I would get a garage door opener (screw drive) and attach it to the wall
sideways. You will have to bolt the bracket that moves along the screw
to the window. You can even set up the infrared eyes to the window
frame, so if the cat is sitting up there it won't be crushed
accidentally. Having all of that in place, it is a simple matter to set
the stops correctly and adjust the closing pressure. Next you set up a
timer to your relay which activates the closing of the window. In
addition, you can open and close the window with the remote!

The real problem is going to be working this into the room decor
somehow, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem, especially if your
room is furnished in early industrial or modern warehouse design.

Good luck!

By the way, I happen to have an old garage door opener from a remodel
job. I would be willing to sell it cheap, plus shipping.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Goedjn

I have a sliding window in my bedroom that I would like to leave open at night and then have automatically close at around 5:00 or 6:00 when the morning traffic arrives.

I was thinking I would get some sort of timer mechanism connected to a relay or electromagnet with enough push power to close the window when the timer is set.

Any idea how I might do this? Or is there someone who possibly makes this?

Well, the timer part is easy, any junk/electronic/consumer-goods store
should have those timers that plug into a an outlet, for controlling
lights, so all you really need is a cable and a motor that runs on
house current. You do realise that the sound of the window-closer
will wake you up anyway, right?
Ross Mac

"Greg" wrote in message
I have a sliding window in my bedroom that I would like to leave open at
night and then have automatically close at around 5:00 or 6:00 when the
morning traffic arrives.

I was thinking I would get some sort of timer mechanism connected to a relay
or electromagnet with enough push power to close the window when the timer
is set.

Any idea how I might do this? Or is there someone who possibly makes this?

Greg s

I'm not afraid of heights. I'm afraid of widths.

If you have compressed air you could use a band cylinder with a 5 way
solenoid connected to whatever timer you want. You will have to fabricate
the brackets and should be able to mount it outside. Hopefully this window
slides easily.....If you are interested I would be willing to spec something
out for you....good luck, Ross

Oscar_Lives

"Ross Mac" wrote in message

"Greg" wrote in message
I have a sliding window in my bedroom that I would like to leave open at
night and then have automatically close at around 5:00 or 6:00 when the
morning traffic arrives.

I was thinking I would get some sort of timer mechanism connected to a
relay or electromagnet with enough push power to close the window when the
timer is set.

Any idea how I might do this? Or is there someone who possibly makes this?

Greg s

I'm not afraid of heights. I'm afraid of widths.

If you have compressed air you could use a band cylinder with a 5 way
solenoid connected to whatever timer you want. You will have to fabricate
the brackets and should be able to mount it outside. Hopefully this window
slides easily.....If you are interested I would be willing to spec
something out for you....good luck, Ross

Use city water pressure and do it hydraulically.

Ross Mac

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message

"Ross Mac" wrote in message

"Greg" wrote in message
[...]