Robert Allison

Greg wrote:

I have a sliding window in my bedroom that I would like to leave open at
night and then have automatically close at around 5:00 or 6:00 when the
morning traffic arrives.

I was thinking I would get some sort of timer mechanism connected to a
relay or electromagnet with enough push power to close the window when
the timer is set.

Any idea how I might do this? Or is there someone who possibly makes this?

› Greg š

I'm not afraid of heights. I'm afraid of widths.

I would get a garage door opener (screw drive) and attach it to the wall
sideways. You will have to bolt the bracket that moves along the screw
to the window. You can even set up the infrared eyes to the window
frame, so if the cat is sitting up there it won't be crushed
accidentally. Having all of that in place, it is a simple matter to set
the stops correctly and adjust the closing pressure. Next you set up a
timer to your relay which activates the closing of the window. In
addition, you can open and close the window with the remote!

The real problem is going to be working this into the room decor
somehow, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem, especially if your
room is furnished in early industrial or modern warehouse design.

Good luck!

By the way, I happen to have an old garage door opener from a remodel
job. I would be willing to sell it cheap, plus shipping.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.