Junior Member

Unhappy stove range hood / exhaust fan installation problem

I have a stove range hood or exhaust fan some people call it. It has been installed when we moved in a few years ago. The fan only has a filter and the heat/air comes back out into the kiten and doesn't go outside. There is no way to make a vent go up to the roof, but I can add a vent going through the side of the house throught the bricks. I know how to do many handy repair jobs around the house, however I need some help on doing this sort of project. Attaching a vent to go outside to the side of the house to the brick. The range hood is a Broan Model 48000. Can anyone recommend me a good site that will teach me how exactly to install the vent to attach to the exaust fan? thank you.

mjatas

Last edited by mjatas : March 1st 05 at 09:23 PM
Rod Dahl

Rain hood?? Do you mean Range Hood?

Appliance Repair Aid

mjatas wrote:
I have a stove rain hood or exhaust fan some people call it. It has

been
installed when we moved in a few years ago. The fan only has a filter
and the heat/air comes back out into the kiten and doesn't go

outside.
There is no way to make a vent go up to the roof, but I can add a

vent
going through the side of the house throught the bricks. I know how

do many handy repair jobs around the house, however I need some help

on
doing this sort of project. Attaching a vent to go outside to the

side
of the house to the brick. The rain hood is a Broan Model 48000. Can

--
mjatas

Hi,

Something here may help...
http://www.easy2.com/cm/easy/diy_ht_...ge_id=35693776

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Dahl
Rain hood?? Do you mean Range Hood?
yes I mean range hood
Curly Sue

On 27 Feb 2005 19:34:10 -0800, "Appliance Repair Aid"
wrote:

mjatas wrote:
[...]

Yes, that's the one on the Lowe's website. Has the same animation
problems too : although sufficient to explain what to do.

Sue(tm)

Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appliance Repair Aid
mjatas wrote:
[...]

that is very good video of how to install a rang hood. verry nice. Thanks a lot!
Appliance Repair Aid

that is very good video of how to install a rang hood. verry nice.
Thanks a lot!

--
mjatas

Your welcome, I hope it helps