Arthur Davis

Default refrigerator-no ice making, water dispensing

My 1990 vintage Magic Chef refrigerator stopped filling the ice maker and
also stopped delivering chilled water suddenly. The water feed is on and
functioning. My initial thought is that the water solenoid has failed and
needs replacement. Would you agree?
Art.

Brian Oakley

"Arthur Davis" wrote in message
My 1990 vintage Magic Chef refrigerator stopped filling the ice maker and
also stopped delivering chilled water suddenly. The water feed is on and
functioning. My initial thought is that the water solenoid has failed and
needs replacement. Would you agree?
Art.

I guess that would depend. If it is sudden, it could be a solenoid to a
valve, but it could also be a line blockage in the refrigerator. If its
slow, might be a water filter or mineral buildup.

Appliance Repair Aid

Arthur Davis wrote:
My 1990 vintage Magic Chef refrigerator stopped filling the ice maker

and
also stopped delivering chilled water suddenly. The water feed is on

and
functioning. My initial thought is that the water solenoid has

failed and
needs replacement. Would you agree?
Art.

Hi,

My 1990 vintage Magic Chef refrigerator

Model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

stopped filling the ice maker and
also stopped delivering chilled water suddenly.

Stopped at the same time?

The water feed is on and
functioning.

It has been undone from the refrigerator and a good flow has been
confirmed?

My initial thought is that the water solenoid has failed and
needs replacement.

Possible...the fill valve has one entrance and two exits...most times
1/2 will fail before both failing...might be clogged up with gookus.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

TURTLE

"Arthur Davis" wrote in message
My 1990 vintage Magic Chef refrigerator stopped filling the ice maker and also
stopped delivering chilled water suddenly. The water feed is on and
functioning. My initial thought is that the water solenoid has failed and
needs replacement. Would you agree?
Art.

This is Turtle.

Water and the Ice Maker Cellinoid valves going out at the same time is like two
different people buy the same type car on the same day and move to different
states and then 10 years later they both have a wreck on a bridge in the middle
of nowhere on the same date they both bought the cars and exactly 10 years
later. you odds of this is about 1 in 1,000,000 chance. Now you could be
unlucky.

i can't see it from here but go to jeff's trouble shooting page , but i would
only be guessing . well I will guess here. I think you lost power to the ice
maker and the water in the door circuit or a plugged up filter to the water
supply. The both Cellinoids going out at one time is just too much of a long
shot for me.

TURTLE

MrC1

Actually, I've heard a frozen water line in the freezer between the inlet
and the ice maker is the most common cause of this. Of course it could be
one of a dozen other things!

"TURTLE" wrote in message

[...]

Hot water recirculation [email protected] Home Repair 18 August 9th 04 05:32 AM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace ozark Home Repair 12 January 29th 04 05:23 AM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 09:59 PM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 28th 03 11:59 PM