Appliance Repair Aid

Arthur Davis wrote:
My 1990 vintage Magic Chef refrigerator stopped filling the ice maker

and
also stopped delivering chilled water suddenly. The water feed is on

and
functioning. My initial thought is that the water solenoid has

failed and
needs replacement. Would you agree?
Art.

Hi,

My 1990 vintage Magic Chef refrigerator

Model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

stopped filling the ice maker and
also stopped delivering chilled water suddenly.

Stopped at the same time?

The water feed is on and
functioning.

It has been undone from the refrigerator and a good flow has been
confirmed?

My initial thought is that the water solenoid has failed and
needs replacement.

Possible...the fill valve has one entrance and two exits...most times
1/2 will fail before both failing...might be clogged up with gookus.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/