John B

Thanks for trying.

"Bob Haar" wrote i

After seeing some later posts, I realize that what we have is not what you
are looking for. It is gas but is only the top burners, not the

cooktop/oven
combo.

Edwin Pawlowski

"John B" wrote in message
Nope.
http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Maytag_M...ADQ_MGS5770ADC
This sits on the ground. Not a candidate.
Specs are poorly described. No description of ampacity requirement, even
though there is a need for electricity.

Most gas ranges that need electgricity run off a standard 1`5A outlet. The
juice is needed for the electronic ignition, clock, timers, oven light.

What is "sabbath mode," anyway?

Traditional Jewish law prevents labor on the Sabbath and that includes
starting a fire. Sabbath mode keeps the oven on a very low flame so you are
technically not starting a fire, merely adjusting it. Kosher kitchens and
rules are very interesting.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

John B

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote
Most gas ranges that need electgricity run off a standard 15A outlet.

The
juice is needed for the electronic ignition, clock, timers, oven light.

That electrical resource is already in place. A 40Amp @ 240 VAC connection
is not.

What is "sabbath mode," anyway?

Traditional Jewish law prevents labor on the Sabbath and that includes
starting a fire. Sabbath mode keeps the oven on a very low flame so you

are
technically not starting a fire, merely adjusting it. Kosher kitchens and
rules are very interesting.

So is such an oven conscious of the day of the week?
Doesn't a proper kosher kitchen have duplication in numerous facilities?
That, of course, would be impossible here.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

What if the fire is already lit (pilot)? Is it OK to just make the fire
bigger?

Vox Humana

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

"John B" wrote in message
Nope.

http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Maytag_M...ADQ_MGS5770ADC
This sits on the ground. Not a candidate.
Specs are poorly described. No description of ampacity requirement,

even
though there is a need for electricity.

Most gas ranges that need electgricity run off a standard 1`5A outlet.

The
juice is needed for the electronic ignition, clock, timers, oven light.

What is "sabbath mode," anyway?

Traditional Jewish law prevents labor on the Sabbath and that includes
starting a fire. Sabbath mode keeps the oven on a very low flame so you

are
technically not starting a fire, merely adjusting it. Kosher kitchens and
rules are very interesting.
--

On some ovens, Sabbath mode just overrides the automatic shut-off. Many
oven will turn off after 12 hours, assuming that you simply forgot to turn

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "drop-in" gas range sought

On Tuesday, February 15, 2005 11:12:35 AM UTC-5, John B wrote:
Can anyone advise me where, in the USA, I might buy a new "drop-in"
30-inch-wide gas range? I can't find one. It would be used as a
replacement for an apartment kitchen. I have found a drop-in electric
range, but building owners don't want to upgrade the electrical resouce at
the kitchen. Gas is already there.

HELP!
I am having the exact same problem finding a drop in. I want andelectric stovebut do not want to tear up the floor molding counter tops to get it in there.What did you finally do? Thanks for any help out there.
L..B.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, February 15, 2005 at 12:16:26 PM UTC-8, John B wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't see anything appropriate there. They
all appear to be "free-standing," and expensive...as in commercial kitchen,
or rich man's personal kitchen. This is for a modest apartment.
There is no existing electric service in the kitchen, sufficient for
oven-type equipment. Clocks, toaster, etc. OK.
"aem" wrote

wrote
Our ideal kitchen would have a big gas stove and a separate
electric oven set in the wall at about waist level.

No, there is no room for this.

I totally understand your situation. We are looking for one as well. The gas burners still light but the oven does not. We installed and new igniter but that did not solve the problem. We purchased the drop in 20 years ago from Sears.