KD

Default dishwasher - soap doesn't dissolve

Hi all:

I've got a small problem with my dishwasher - as advertised, sometimes the
soap is still there in the soap cup after I've done a load, just sitting
there in a big lump. The little door opens up, but the soap doesn't go
anywhere.

Any idea why this would happen, or do I need to call in some professional
help?

Thanks,

KD

Alan

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:46:40 GMT, "KD" wrote:

Hi all:

I've got a small problem with my dishwasher - as advertised, sometimes the
soap is still there in the soap cup after I've done a load, just sitting
there in a big lump. The little door opens up, but the soap doesn't go
anywhere.

Any idea why this would happen, or do I need to call in some professional
help?

It happened to me once when the drain was plugged and because it could
not pump the water out, it was not bringing in water.
Edwin Pawlowski

"KD" wrote in message

I've got a small problem with my dishwasher - as advertised, sometimes the
soap is still there in the soap cup after I've done a load, just sitting
there in a big lump. The little door opens up, but the soap doesn't go
anywhere.

Any idea why this would happen, or do I need to call in some professional
help?

Either the water is not circulating properly or the water temperature is not
hot enough, or both.

Check that the spray arms are not clogged, the water inlet for the pump is
not clogged and if you have a water temperature booster, be sure it is
working.

KD

"KD" wrote in message
Hi all:

I've got a small problem with my dishwasher - as advertised, sometimes
the soap is still there in the soap cup after I've done a load, just
sitting there in a big lump. The little door opens up, but the soap
doesn't go anywhere.

Any idea why this would happen, or do I need to call in some professional
help?

Thanks,

KD

Powder dissolved before, and neither they nor the little capsules seem to
work now.

However, I removed the spray arm apparatus, peeked in the holes, and indeed
there was gunk! It took a lot of flushing with hot water and poking with
some pointy objects, but I finally dislodged an ancient twist tie from
INSIDE the arm! I don't use twist ties, so it must have been the previous
owner of the house (we've been here just over a year).

Now if I could just remember the order in which the parts go back together!
Yes, I know I should have taken note on paper - not just mental notes!

It's an Inglis Sterling, anybody got one?

KD

Noozer

I've got a small problem with my dishwasher - as advertised, sometimes
the
soap is still there in the soap cup after I've done a load, just sitting
there in a big lump. The little door opens up, but the soap doesn't go
anywhere.

Load the dishwasher properly so the spray arms can rotate freely. Sounds
like the spray isn't getting everywhere in the washer. Could also be a
plate/etc that you're putting in that blocks the spray from the door.

The only other thing is that the seal on the door is letting water in and
making a sticky clump. Considering what a dishwasher needs to clean, this
shouldn't make a difference.

Appliance Repair Aid

KD wrote:
Hi all:

I've got a small problem with my dishwasher - as advertised,

sometimes the
soap is still there in the soap cup after I've done a load, just

sitting
there in a big lump. The little door opens up, but the soap doesn't

go
anywhere.

Any idea why this would happen, or do I need to call in some

professional
help?

Thanks,

KD

Hi,

Some possible trouble makers:
- filling water is quiting part way through a cycle
- not filling with enough water
- water temp is too low
- not draining properly
- spray arms are not turning ( could be many reasons )
- pump assembly filter(s) clogged up
- spray arm holes clogged up
- soap is old and stale

Any idea why this would happen, or do I need to call in some

professional
help?

Need to sort through the above to properly check....or have someone
come in and check it for you.
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Steve Henderson

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:
KD wrote:

[...]

I've got a newer Matag, and it started doing the same thing. I finally
found that I was putting the silverwear basket in the wrong place, and
it was blocking the detergent door from being properly "washed" by the
spray and/or opening fully. When I moved it over to the side, problem
was solved. Sounds dumb, but it's not all that obvious when you have the
door open to put in the tabs. I fault Maytag to some *small* degree... A
different detergent door location would help. One shouldn't have to be
Sherlock Holmes to wash dishes.

Steve