Steve Henderson

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:
KD wrote:

Hi all:

I've got a small problem with my dishwasher - as advertised,

sometimes the

soap is still there in the soap cup after I've done a load, just

sitting

there in a big lump. The little door opens up, but the soap doesn't

go

anywhere.

Any idea why this would happen, or do I need to call in some

professional

help?

Thanks,

KD

Hi,

Some possible trouble makers:
- filling water is quiting part way through a cycle
- not filling with enough water
- water temp is too low
- not draining properly
- spray arms are not turning ( could be many reasons )
- pump assembly filter(s) clogged up
- spray arm holes clogged up
- soap is old and stale

Any idea why this would happen, or do I need to call in some

professional

help?

Need to sort through the above to properly check....or have someone
come in and check it for you.
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

I've got a newer Matag, and it started doing the same thing. I finally
found that I was putting the silverwear basket in the wrong place, and
it was blocking the detergent door from being properly "washed" by the
spray and/or opening fully. When I moved it over to the side, problem
was solved. Sounds dumb, but it's not all that obvious when you have the
door open to put in the tabs. I fault Maytag to some *small* degree... A
different detergent door location would help. One shouldn't have to be
Sherlock Holmes to wash dishes.

Steve