Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Drew B.

Default Broken garage door cable

We just closed the door on our two car garage and it looks like one of
the cables that is attached to the maim coiled spring napped in the
process. I think the door closed too fast and and is now crooked in the
track. After disconnecting the electric opener, we still haven't been
able to open the door manually. Normally this wouldn't be a problem,
but the car is stuck inside, and needless to say we need it tomorrow.
We are planning on calling a professional to repair the spring, but is
there a way to get the door properly seated on the track again so it
can be opened to get the car out?

tia
drew