Ross Mac

"Pop" wrote in message
Ross Mac wrote:
"Drew B." wrote in message
oups.com...
We just closed the door on our two car garage and it looks like one
of the cables that is attached to the maim coiled spring napped in
the process. I think the door closed too fast and and is now crooked
in the track. After disconnecting the electric opener, we still
haven't been able to open the door manually. Normally this wouldn't
be a problem, but the car is stuck inside, and needless to say we
need it tomorrow. We are planning on calling a professional to
repair the spring, but is there a way to get the door properly
seated on the track again so it can be opened to get the car out?

How about using a come-along to lift on the side of the door that needs
help? Lots safer than standing with toes, hernias, etc., ready to be
clobbered. Maybe a come-along on each side so once it's movable, you can
continue to lift the door til the car can get out. Then lower it the same
way. If a spring is broken, you shouldn't try to use the opener itself to
lift the door.

Pop

Hey Pop, I think you misquoted....the above isn't mine...take care, Ross