Pop

Ross Mac wrote:
"Drew B." wrote in message
oups.com...
We just closed the door on our two car garage and it looks
like one
of the cables that is attached to the maim coiled spring
napped in
the process. I think the door closed too fast and and is now
crooked
in the track. After disconnecting the electric opener, we
still
haven't been able to open the door manually. Normally this
wouldn't
be a problem, but the car is stuck inside, and needless to say
we
need it tomorrow. We are planning on calling a professional to
repair the spring, but is there a way to get the door properly
seated on the track again so it can be opened to get the car
out?

How about using a come-along to lift on the side of the door that
needs help? Lots safer than standing with toes, hernias, etc.,
ready to be clobbered. Maybe a come-along on each side so once
it's movable, you can continue to lift the door til the car can
get out. Then lower it the same way. If a spring is broken, you
shouldn't try to use the opener itself to lift the door.

Pop