DanG

I think you may just have no clue about how heavy that door is
without the torsion spring(s) pulling on it. Crowbars, 4 x 4
timbers, and jacks all come to mind to move the door if it is an
insulated or wooden double wide door.

The cable drum on the unbroken side may have that cable in a knot
or be jambed. You will still need to unweight the door and lock
it in location to mess with the cable. If this is a torsion
spring door (I'm sure it must be) be very careful with the
spring - basically, do not touch the spring or any of the bolts
having to do with the spring unless you know how to work on them
and it does not sound as if you do.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Drew B." wrote in message
oups.com...
We just closed the door on our two car garage and it looks like
one of
the cables that is attached to the maim coiled spring napped in
the
process. I think the door closed too fast and and is now crooked
in the
track. After disconnecting the electric opener, we still haven't
been
able to open the door manually. Normally this wouldn't be a
problem,
but the car is stuck inside, and needless to say we need it
tomorrow.
We are planning on calling a professional to repair the spring,
but is
there a way to get the door properly seated on the track again
so it
can be opened to get the car out?

tia
drew