Duane Bozarth

Default Snoblower belt slipping: SOLVED

Ignoramus7928 wrote:

Thanks to all. I solved the problem by buying a new belt at Napa Auto
parts. Today I blowed a lot of snow, including huge slushy piles near
the end of my driveway. Everything works. I will have to look for a
new drive belt though, but it is not urgent.

The Napa guys strongly advised against belt dressing, even though they
had it for sale.

Good...and the NAPA guys are right...for ordinary applications, the need
for a belt dressing is a sure sign something else is wrong...
Peter H

Ignoramus7928 wrote:

Thanks to all. I solved the problem by buying a new belt at Napa Auto
parts. Today I blowed a lot of snow, including huge slushy piles near
the end of my driveway. Everything works. I will have to look for a
new drive belt though, but it is not urgent.

The Napa guys strongly advised against belt dressing, even though they
had it for sale.

Thank you for your suggestions.

When I was a snowblower owner I tried "generic" belts on my machine and
stretched and broke them with regularity. Someone at a small engine shop
told me that the belts for these machines are different. Automobile,
or generic belts won't work for long.

Peter H
Harry K

Yes, it is a sign that something needs to be done. Meanwhile belt
dressing is a valuable tool to keep the equipment running until
whatever it is is taken care of. No-one even implied that it was a
permanent fix.

Harry K

Duane Bozarth

Harry K wrote:

Yes, it is a sign that something needs to be done. Meanwhile belt
dressing is a valuable tool to keep the equipment running until
whatever it is is taken care of. No-one even implied that it was a
permanent fix.

In ng's one never knows what someone will read/think/do so a word of
explanation/caution is nearly always warranted...and there are
gazillions lurking beyond those posting where sophistication is both
directions from the level of the thread itself...