Jeff Harper

"Uncle" wrote in message

"Jeff Harper" wrote
My God!

pitch for $ snipped

I see you asking people what they have done. I seen people tell you their
tax $ are paying, and you want more.

Now, I'm going to tell you something here. I hope you call the Red Cross,

or
anyone which doesn't believe me calls and find out for themselves.

I called and offered to go help personally, Red Cross said they can't

accept
that. I offered to send some canned goods, to help feed the needy. Red
Cross said they have plenty of blanket's, canned goods, and clothes. They
said to send cash.

I'm here to tell you and your fund, exactly what I told Red Cross. Kiss

my
ass if you can't accept what I can afford to give you.

It's no wonder people are sick of these charities and their "just send
cash", we'll decided what we want to do with it attitude. It's enough to
make one sick.

Hope you and yours have a Happy New Year. That's all I got to offer.

Well, your heart's in the right place, I think. The charities may have
valid reasons though..perhaps the cost of collecting and shipping a can of
beets to Asia is a good deal more expensive than using the money you would
have spent on more beats to purchase rice in areas neighboring the tsunami
damaged region.

If you give through Direct Relief International, $5 from you may result in
$150 reaching the needy because of corporate matching agreements in place
before the tsunami (especially medicine).

http://www.directrelief.org/sections...us/donate.html

Jeff

P.S. I have no affiliation with Direc Relief International other than my
support of what they are doing.

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 05:15:51 -0500, "Jeff Harper"
wrote:

There are millions of victims still alive but without homes, possessions,
food, clean water..parents..

re; the most recent Hurricane disaster in Florida,
I don't remember seeing any aid ships lined up in the harbors.

BTW;
Of all the pledges for tsunami aid,
I've heard NOTHING about Chinas contributions.

Sorry guy, we've still got too many AMERICANS
without access to adequate housing, schooling, or medical care.

rj
Red Neckerson

wrote:

There are millions of victims still alive but without homes, possessions,
food, clean water..parents..

re; the most recent Hurricane disaster in Florida,
I don't remember seeing any aid ships lined up in the harbors.

BTW;
Of all the pledges for tsunami aid,
I've heard NOTHING about Chinas contributions.

Sorry guy, we've still got too many AMERICANS
without access to adequate housing, schooling, or medical care.

Here! Here! I agree!

It's not that we don't care about THEM, we just need to take care of our
own...

willshak

On 1/2/2005 1:12 AM US(ET), c.reifert took fingers to keys, and typed
the following:

139 whats?

CA-139 was my US Navy ship. It helped out in the Greek earthquake of
1953, but I don't think that is what he meant.

"Pop" wrote in message

139. There, satisfied?

c.reifert wrote:

"Noozer" wrote in message

"Jeff Harper" wrote in message

My God!

With an expected death toll of 200,000, more injured and
sick, and
literally *millions* homeless, this is the worst of the
worst
disasters.

...and how many have done *something* to help the needy in
their OWN
community?

Take this spam elsewhere.

I take it that you don't know what spam is (unless you are
thinking
about the lunch meat kind)?

Will

--
Bill
Jeff Harper

wrote:

There are millions of victims still alive but without homes,

possessions,
food, clean water..parents..

re; the most recent Hurricane disaster in Florida,
I don't remember seeing any aid ships lined up in the harbors.

BTW;
Of all the pledges for tsunami aid,
I've heard NOTHING about Chinas contributions.

Sorry guy, we've still got too many AMERICANS
without access to adequate housing, schooling, or medical care.

Here! Here! I agree!

It's not that we don't care about THEM, we just need to take care of our
own...

I am active in helping "our own" and I am giving to help tsunami victims.
Funny thing is, I hear this argument/excuse only from people who are NOT
active helping "our own."

I'm a poker player, and I'd bet fifty dollars against ten that you don't
regularly help homeless/needy here, don't have an accurate understanding of
the level of suffering here (nothing like that of the tsunami victims), and
don't even know what programs are in place in the US.

Here's a challenge for you, take your digital camera and get us a couple
shots of large groups of American children who are wounded/sick and on the
street with no shelter, food, medicine..parents.

Here's another challenge for you, explain to me how you giving $5 to Direct
Relief (maybe equals $75 after corporate matching) instead of buying a
six-pack this afternoon in any way hurts the homeless in the US.

Letting people suffer and die when it costs you almost nothing to save
them.. Discouraging others from helping them..

Direct Relief International:
http://www.directrelief.org/sections...us/donate.html

Or if you prefer, the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund:
https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp

Jeff Harper

wrote:

There are millions of victims still alive but without homes, possessions,
food, clean water..parents..

re; the most recent Hurricane disaster in Florida,
I don't remember seeing any aid ships lined up in the harbors.

I was hit by two hurricanes this year. My family was in the area where the
worst one hit land at full strength. I can tell you that what we
experienced was nothing close to the horror that killed the 200,000 tsunami
victims and left 1.8 million in need of food, water, medicine, etc.

We certainly didn't need foreign aid to survive. We did get some however,
in the form of Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund assistance and other
organizations--the very organizations I'm encouraging you to contribute to
now.

Are you so selfish that you can't give $5? If you give $5 instead of buying
popcorn at the movies, that $5 becomes as much as $75 of medicine (with
corporate matching) and you literally save lives. Giving it to help the
tsunami victims in no way hurts homeless/needy here.

Direct Relief International:
http://www.directrelief.org/sections...us/donate.html

Or if you prefer, the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund:
https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp

Jeff Harper
Tampa, FL

Noozer

I am active in helping "our own" and I am giving to help tsunami victims.
Funny thing is, I hear this argument/excuse only from people who are NOT
active helping "our own."

....and you can just take your crap to a group where it's welcome. It's OFF
TOPIC here.

Noozer

I was hit by two hurricanes this year. My family was in the area where
the
worst one hit land at full strength. I can tell you that what we
experienced was nothing close to the horror that killed the 200,000

tsunami
victims and left 1.8 million in need of food, water, medicine, etc.

We certainly didn't need foreign aid to survive. We did get some however,
in the form of Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund assistance and other
organizations--the very organizations I'm encouraging you to contribute to
now.

Leech... taking when you don't need. Thanks for taking food out of childrens
mouths!

Now take your bragging to a group where it's welcome.

Jeff Harper

"Noozer" wrote in message

I am active in helping "our own" and I am giving to help tsunami

victims.
Funny thing is, I hear this argument/excuse only from people who are NOT
active helping "our own."

...and you can just take your crap to a group where it's welcome. It's OFF
TOPIC here.

You're pathetic. You participate in the thread, arguing against helping
suffering and dying tsunami victims, then you try to claim the moral
highground by playing the OT card. The irony. LOL.

Direct Relief International:
http://www.directrelief.org/sections...us/donate.html

Or if you prefer, the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund:
https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp

MUADIB®

Huh?

Says it all........................

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
TOM KAN PA

We certainly didn't need foreign aid to survive.

____Reply Separator_____

That's right, every victim of the hurricanes were wealthy and are able to take
care of their own needs.
Bu!!$h!t

Jeff Harper

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
We certainly didn't need foreign aid to survive.

____Reply Separator_____

That's right, every victim of the hurricanes were wealthy and are able to

take
care of their own needs.
Bu!!$h!t

We didn't need "foreign" aid to "survive." That's a fact. Show me a
Floridian, just one, who would have died without aid from foreign nations.

You can't. Not because the Florida victims were all rich, but because (A)
the hurricanes were nothing close to the severity of the tsunami and (B) the
U.S. had more than sufficient resources to help the victims.

Are there tsunami victims who will suffer and die if they don't get
assistance from foreign nations? Yes, hundreds of thousands of them.

This morning President Bush asked every American to give something.

Direct Relief International:
http://www.directrelief.org/sections...us/donate.html

Or if you prefer, the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund:
https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp

Steve IA

Jeff Harper wrote:
..

This morning President Bush asked every American to give something.

Direct Relief International:
http://www.directrelief.org/sections...us/donate.html

Or if you prefer, the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund:
https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp

The he led the way by personally donating how much?

Steve
41N