Jeff Harper

"RJ" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 05:15:51 -0500, "Jeff Harper"
wrote:

There are millions of victims still alive but without homes, possessions,
food, clean water..parents..

re; the most recent Hurricane disaster in Florida,
I don't remember seeing any aid ships lined up in the harbors.

I was hit by two hurricanes this year. My family was in the area where the
worst one hit land at full strength. I can tell you that what we
experienced was nothing close to the horror that killed the 200,000 tsunami
victims and left 1.8 million in need of food, water, medicine, etc.

We certainly didn't need foreign aid to survive. We did get some however,
in the form of Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund assistance and other
organizations--the very organizations I'm encouraging you to contribute to
now.

Are you so selfish that you can't give $5? If you give $5 instead of buying
popcorn at the movies, that $5 becomes as much as $75 of medicine (with
corporate matching) and you literally save lives. Giving it to help the
tsunami victims in no way hurts homeless/needy here.

Direct Relief International:
http://www.directrelief.org/sections...us/donate.html

Or if you prefer, the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund:
https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp

Jeff Harper
Tampa, FL