Melissa

Default frog in toilet

Odd I imagine, but when I went into the bathroom a few minutes ago and
lifted the lid, a large, 4-5" red spotted frog (guessing Cuban tree frog)
was looking back at me. Go ahead and laugh, I still am. I stood there
stunned for a few moments, then tried to scoop it out with a glass candle
holder. Before I could, it swam back through the hole. I'm guessing it
came in through the pipe that goes through the roof, as we've seen them in
those pipes before, hanging out Kilroy style. So, toilets haven't been used
since, and frog hasn't popped back up yet. Should I wait and see if it does
and try to catch it again? Assume it's down in the septic tank now? Can it
get back up into the vent pipe if that's how it got in? FWIW, this is
central FL, and in a remarkable cold snap right now. I guess it got in to
warm up. I'm confident it came in through the toilet, somehow, but how I
don't know. We'll hold it for now, hoping we can somehow rescue the poor
thing. Any tips welcome, teasing and laughing understood.

--
Melissa
remove your shoes to reply by email

Art

A similar story went like this. Some guy hears a cat in his fireplace
chimney. Calls the fire dept who comes out and start disassembling his
chimney a bit. THey here the crying but can't find the cat. They keep
taking it apart until deep down they find a frog that apparently can cry
like a cat when it is under stress. Wonder who paid for the new chimney.
True story.

"Melissa" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Mark and Kim Smith

There is one on video ( Maximum Exposure ), same situation only this
frog was in a vent pipe in a block wall. The fire department chips out
the cinder block, then carefully cut the pipe. They got a laugh when
they saw it was a frog. You can probably find the video online at
http://www.maximumexp.com/

Art wrote:

A similar story went like this. Some guy hears a cat in his fireplace
chimney. Calls the fire dept who comes out and start disassembling his
chimney a bit. THey here the crying but can't find the cat. They keep
taking it apart until deep down they find a frog that apparently can cry
like a cat when it is under stress. Wonder who paid for the new chimney.
True story.

"Melissa" wrote in message
. com...

[...]

Charles Spitzer

"Yenc-Post 2002" wrote in message
news:1103143609.28dc1916035f06492335ac7a584d8e9f@b ubbanews...
"Melissa" wrote in
om:

[...]

This teen age girl, growing up in a California coastal town, was obviously
pregnant — stomach starting to swell, morning sickness, etc. She, however,
tearfully insisted to her mother that she couldn't possibly be pregnant.
She had never "done it" with a boy and it just wasn't possible.

As time went on, however, the signs continued. Her stomach continued to
grow, her appetite increased, and so forth. Her mother insisted she was
pregnant. The girl insisted it wasn't possible. She was still a "good"
girl.

Finally x-rays were taken and the girl was vindicated. She had a large
tumor in her stomach and surgery was performed immediately. To everyone's
amazement the surgeons removed not a tumor but a small, live octopus that
had fastened itself to the lining of the girl's stomach.

What happened to this girl supposedly is really possible. Octopus eggs are
microscopic in size and laid in clusters of tens of thousands. They are

they are not microscopic. they are actually quite large, and you can see the
growing octopus inside them before they hatch.

usually affixed to kelp at the ocean bottom by a sticky secretion. It is
not beyond the realm of possibility that a few could escape and float to
the surface where they could be swallowed by an unsuspecting swimmer . . .
Anyway, don't scoff, because the girl was a close friend of my older
brother's girlfriend.

Here to there

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:46:49 GMT, Yenc-Post 2002 wrote:
"Melissa" wrote in
om:

[...]

Uh huh. Time to get back on those meds, I think.

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/octopus.htm

Here to there

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:48:51 GMT, Yenc-Post 2002 wrote:
"Melissa" wrote in
om:

[...]

A toilet kept backing up in someone's house, and no matter how hard the
husband plied the plunger or how much drain opener he poured down it, the
problem persisted. Finally he called a plumber to open up the line and free
the obstruction for him.
The plumber soon solved the problem, but warned the guy that he shouldn't
dispose of used condoms in the toilet or he'd continue to have struck
drains. But the man was amazed; he never used condoms.

He confronted his wife with the mystery, and she confessed that she had
been having an affair with the milkman. So the next day the husband stayed
home, ambushed the milkman, and shot him. Or rather he killed the
substitute milkman who was on duty that day.

http://www.snopes.com/love/betrayal/evidence.htm

If you want to keep posting urban legends, why not
just point people to snopes, and be done with it?

- Rich

Doug Miller

In article 1103143609.28dc1916035f06492335ac7a584d8e9f@bubba news, "Yenc-Post 2002" wrote:

This teen age girl, growing up in a California coastal town, was obviously
pregnant — stomach starting to swell, morning sickness, etc. She, however,
tearfully insisted to her mother that she couldn't possibly be pregnant.
She had never "done it" with a boy and it just wasn't possible.

[bulls**t snipped]

Anyway, don't scoff, because the girl was a close friend of my older
brother's girlfriend.

Uh-huh. Riiiiight. Text posted verbatim from snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/octopus.htm
xrongor

i saw that on tv... dont know if it was the same case or a different one,
but they tore apart quite a bit to get to it. sure as hell sounded like a
cat, but it was indeed a frog.

randy

"Art" wrote in message
.net...
A similar story went like this. Some guy hears a cat in his fireplace
chimney. Calls the fire dept who comes out and start disassembling his
chimney a bit. THey here the crying but can't find the cat. They keep
taking it apart until deep down they find a frog that apparently can cry
like a cat when it is under stress. Wonder who paid for the new chimney.
True story.

"Melissa" wrote in message
om...
[...]

So many of these questionable posts read like bad e-mail jokes.

JennP

"Yenc-Post 2002" wrote in message
news:1103143731.6c597ab509ac8ba546f55885009fa8b5@b ubbanews...

A toilet kept backing up in someone's house, and no matter how hard the
husband plied the plunger or how much drain opener he poured down it, the
problem persisted. Finally he called a plumber to open up the line and

free
the obstruction for him.
The plumber soon solved the problem, but warned the guy that he shouldn't
dispose of used condoms in the toilet or he'd continue to have struck
drains. But the man was amazed; he never used condoms.

He confronted his wife with the mystery, and she confessed that she had
been having an affair with the milkman. So the next day the husband stayed
home, ambushed the milkman, and shot him. Or rather he killed the
substitute milkman who was on duty that day.

Looks like someone just discovered snopes.com

JennP.

Melissa

"Melissa" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Alrighty then, seems most think this is already or I'm inventing some urban
legend. However, the frog in the toilet is fact. OK, I know that means
nothing to anyone here. I thought one of my kids forgot to flush, then the
mess moved and that freaked me out a bit. If it happens to anyone else
here, I'll believe you. Anyway, frog has not returned, toilets have been
flushed multiple times. I wonder how long it will be before I can sit
without fully inspecting the bowl first.

Thanks for those that generously took the chance that I'm not a nut looking
for attention, and suggested the screening over the vent tubes. Our roof
still needs replacing from hurricane damage, so maybe we'll get the tubes
replaced with those that have the built in cover, but in the mean time we'll
be zip cording some screening over the tubes. The mention of a rat really
skeeves.

--
Melissa
remove your shoes to reply by email

Sexytom976

Get the F++K outta here...

If that's true (I guess it maybe, although I am not a medical doctor)
she
should have gotten herself onto TV and had a small fortune!

Greg

You don't have top get too fancy with the screens. An 18" square of 1/2"
hardware cloth will stay there if you fold it up carefully, wear gloves. A 3'
square from the hardware store makes 4.
Mine survived Charley, Frances and Jeane.
BTW the roof rat (rattus rattus) thing is real. I have lots of citrus and we
had our bout with the rats.
The real problem is, if one gets in, he will eat a hole to get out, then his
buddies will come and go until you find and patch the hole.
Shadowz

"Melissa" wrote in message
om...
"Melissa" wrote in message
om...
[...]

You have me all freak out now and I have to go take a crap.

Thanks a lot

that is the biggest bunch of crap on the go. it was proven to be a
hoax. you were played for a fool.

JerryMouse

Melissa wrote:
Alrighty then, seems most think this is already or I'm inventing some
urban legend. However, the frog in the toilet is fact. OK, I know
that means nothing to anyone here. I thought one of my kids forgot
to flush, then the mess moved and that freaked me out a bit. If it
happens to anyone else here, I'll believe you. Anyway, frog has not
returned, toilets have been flushed multiple times. I wonder how
long it will be before I can sit without fully inspecting the bowl
first.

If you do, you'll be the first woman on the planet who looks at the toilet
before sitting.

Why do you think men take so much grief for not putting down the seat?
Because the women back up before looking and fall in.

William Brown

Melissa wrote:
"Melissa" wrote in message
om...

[...]

That might just be a prince. Try kissing it.
there.