Bob

Did the frog go rib it rib it rib it?

"Shadowz" wrote in message

"Melissa" wrote in message
om...
"Melissa" wrote in message
om...
Odd I imagine, but when I went into the bathroom a few minutes ago and
lifted the lid, a large, 4-5" red spotted frog (guessing Cuban tree

frog)
was looking back at me. Go ahead and laugh, I still am. I stood

there
stunned for a few moments, then tried to scoop it out with a glass

candle
holder. Before I could, it swam back through the hole. I'm guessing

it
came in through the pipe that goes through the roof, as we've seen

them
in
those pipes before, hanging out Kilroy style. So, toilets haven't

been
used
since, and frog hasn't popped back up yet. Should I wait and see if

it
does
and try to catch it again? Assume it's down in the septic tank now?

Can
it
get back up into the vent pipe if that's how it got in? FWIW, this is
central FL, and in a remarkable cold snap right now. I guess it got

in
warm up. I'm confident it came in through the toilet, somehow, but

how
don't know. We'll hold it for now, hoping we can somehow rescue the

poor
thing. Any tips welcome, teasing and laughing understood.

--
Melissa
remove your shoes to reply by email

Alrighty then, seems most think this is already or I'm inventing some

urban
legend. However, the frog in the toilet is fact. OK, I know that means
nothing to anyone here. I thought one of my kids forgot to flush, then

the
mess moved and that freaked me out a bit. If it happens to anyone else
here, I'll believe you. Anyway, frog has not returned, toilets have

been
flushed multiple times. I wonder how long it will be before I can sit
without fully inspecting the bowl first.

Thanks for those that generously took the chance that I'm not a nut

looking
for attention, and suggested the screening over the vent tubes. Our

roof
still needs replacing from hurricane damage, so maybe we'll get the

tubes
replaced with those that have the built in cover, but in the mean time

we'll
be zip cording some screening over the tubes. The mention of a rat

really
skeeves.

--
Melissa
remove your shoes to reply by email

You have me all freak out now and I have to go take a crap.

Thanks a lot