William Brown

Melissa wrote:
"Melissa" wrote in message
om...

Odd I imagine, but when I went into the bathroom a few minutes ago and
lifted the lid, a large, 4-5" red spotted frog (guessing Cuban tree frog)
was looking back at me. Go ahead and laugh, I still am. I stood there
stunned for a few moments, then tried to scoop it out with a glass candle
holder. Before I could, it swam back through the hole. I'm guessing it
came in through the pipe that goes through the roof, as we've seen them in
those pipes before, hanging out Kilroy style. So, toilets haven't been

used

since, and frog hasn't popped back up yet. Should I wait and see if it

does

and try to catch it again? Assume it's down in the septic tank now? Can

it

get back up into the vent pipe if that's how it got in? FWIW, this is
central FL, and in a remarkable cold snap right now. I guess it got in to
warm up. I'm confident it came in through the toilet, somehow, but how I
don't know. We'll hold it for now, hoping we can somehow rescue the poor
thing. Any tips welcome, teasing and laughing understood.

--
Melissa
remove your shoes to reply by email

Alrighty then, seems most think this is already or I'm inventing some urban
legend. However, the frog in the toilet is fact. OK, I know that means
nothing to anyone here. I thought one of my kids forgot to flush, then the
mess moved and that freaked me out a bit. If it happens to anyone else
here, I'll believe you. Anyway, frog has not returned, toilets have been
flushed multiple times. I wonder how long it will be before I can sit
without fully inspecting the bowl first.

Thanks for those that generously took the chance that I'm not a nut looking
for attention, and suggested the screening over the vent tubes. Our roof
still needs replacing from hurricane damage, so maybe we'll get the tubes
replaced with those that have the built in cover, but in the mean time we'll
be zip cording some screening over the tubes. The mention of a rat really
skeeves.

That might just be a prince. Try kissing it.
there.