Here to there

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:46:49 GMT, Yenc-Post 2002 wrote:
"Melissa" wrote in
om:

Odd I imagine, but when I went into the bathroom a few minutes ago and
lifted the lid, a large, 4-5" red spotted frog (guessing Cuban tree
frog) was looking back at me. Go ahead and laugh, I still am. I
stood there stunned for a few moments, then tried to scoop it out with
a glass candle holder. Before I could, it swam back through the hole.
I'm guessing it came in through the pipe that goes through the roof,
as we've seen them in those pipes before, hanging out Kilroy style.
So, toilets haven't been used since, and frog hasn't popped back up
yet. Should I wait and see if it does and try to catch it again?
Assume it's down in the septic tank now? Can it get back up into the
vent pipe if that's how it got in? FWIW, this is central FL, and in a
remarkable cold snap right now. I guess it got in to warm up. I'm
confident it came in through the toilet, somehow, but how I don't
know. We'll hold it for now, hoping we can somehow rescue the poor
thing. Any tips welcome, teasing and laughing understood.

What happened to this girl supposedly is really possible. Octopus eggs are
microscopic in size and laid in clusters of tens of thousands. They are
usually affixed to kelp at the ocean bottom by a sticky secretion. It is
not beyond the realm of possibility that a few could escape and float to
the surface where they could be swallowed by an unsuspecting swimmer . . .
Anyway, don't scoff, because the girl was a close friend of my older
brother's girlfriend.

Uh huh. Time to get back on those meds, I think.

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/octopus.htm