Redlocks

Default handtruck tubeless tires

I have a handtruck which I use to transport my DJ equipment in and out of
the venues where I DJ special events. The other evening I noticed that one
of the tires had separated from the rim. Upon more careful inspection i
noticed that it was actually a tubeless tire. Do I need to take any special
measures when filling it with air. Unfortunately I wasn't able to build
sufficient pressure with a hand pump

Thanks.

John

Ish

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 04:02:20 GMT, "Redlocks"
wrote:

I have a handtruck which I use to transport my DJ equipment in and out of
the venues where I DJ special events. The other evening I noticed that one
of the tires had separated from the rim. Upon more careful inspection i
noticed that it was actually a tubeless tire. Do I need to take any special
measures when filling it with air. Unfortunately I wasn't able to build
sufficient pressure with a hand pump

Thanks.

John

I had the same thing happen on a lawn cart. It needs a fast shot of
high pressure air to catch the bead.

I brought mine to a tire shop and the fellow there hit it for me for
free.

Remove it from the handtruck first, however!

Mike
Tony Hwang

Redlocks wrote:
I have a handtruck which I use to transport my DJ equipment in and out of
the venues where I DJ special events. The other evening I noticed that one
of the tires had separated from the rim. Upon more careful inspection i
noticed that it was actually a tubeless tire. Do I need to take any special
measures when filling it with air. Unfortunately I wasn't able to build
sufficient pressure with a hand pump

Thanks.

John

Hi,
Hand pump is too slow. I use compressor. Portable air tank may be an option.
Tony
toller

I asked the same question 6 months ago.
Someone recommended putting a piece of nylon webbing around the tire to hold
it in place while putting air in. Worked perfectly. (might have worked
without the webbing, but if you have some laying around, it is simple
enough)

TURTLE

"Redlocks" wrote in message
k.net...
I have a handtruck which I use to transport my DJ equipment in and out of the
venues where I DJ special events. The other evening I noticed that one of the
tires had separated from the rim. Upon more careful inspection i noticed that
it was actually a tubeless tire. Do I need to take any special measures when
filling it with air. Unfortunately I wasn't able to build sufficient pressure
with a hand pump

Thanks.

John

This is Turtle.

There is all kinds of fixes and really whatb you need is a cure. Go down to a
place where they sell tires and get you two tubes to fit the tires and put them
in there and never worry again about airing up those tires again. I have two of
them and got tire of airing up tire and just put tubes in them and it has been
two year not and never air one up yet. I think the tubes for them is about $6.00
a piece.

TURTLE

Mark and Kim Smith

Redlocks wrote:

I have a handtruck which I use to transport my DJ equipment in and out of
the venues where I DJ special events. The other evening I noticed that one
of the tires had separated from the rim. Upon more careful inspection i
noticed that it was actually a tubeless tire. Do I need to take any special
measures when filling it with air. Unfortunately I wasn't able to build
sufficient pressure with a hand pump

Thanks.

John

Yeah, don't overfill it and don't put your face or body parts over the
explosion zone while you are filling it. Better yet, have them foam
filled and never worry about them again!
PRNole

Easiest thing is to buy rubber tubes (probably find them at a lawnmower
service store) and have them installed. Then your hand pump will always
work. I had the same problem and got tired of taking the wheels down to
the local tire store for a quick pump-up (tried service stations' air
pumps but quickly found these were not reliable enough for the job).

Redlocks wrote:
I have a handtruck which I use to transport my DJ equipment in and out of
the venues where I DJ special events. The other evening I noticed that one
of the tires had separated from the rim. Upon more careful inspection i
noticed that it was actually a tubeless tire. Do I need to take any special
measures when filling it with air. Unfortunately I wasn't able to build
sufficient pressure with a hand pump

Thanks.

John

willshak

On 12/11/2004 11:02 PM US(ET), Redlocks took fingers to keys, and typed
the following:

I have a handtruck which I use to transport my DJ equipment in and out of
the venues where I DJ special events. The other evening I noticed that one
of the tires had separated from the rim. Upon more careful inspection i
noticed that it was actually a tubeless tire. Do I need to take any special
measures when filling it with air. Unfortunately I wasn't able to build
sufficient pressure with a hand pump

Thanks.

John

The reason that the hand pump won't work is that the tire bead is not
making contact with the rim all the way around the tire. You can't pump
fast enough to build up pressure to expand the tire so that it contacts
the rim all around.
One way to expand the tire without high pressure air is to wrap the
tread with one of those yellow tie down straps, the one that has a
handle to tighten would be a better choice, but the one with the
military web belt buckle type tightener may work. The idea is to
compress the tread so that the bead bulges out to contact the rim all
around. Once you get enough pressure in the tire to keep the bead
against the rim, unbuckle the strap.
Your second solution would be to remove the tire, or take the whole
handtruck to the local service station and use the air pump there. Bring
a quarter ($.25) with you in case they have a coin operated pump.
brisket smoker

Your second solution would be to remove the tire, or take the whole
handtruck to the local service station and use the air pump there. Bring
a quarter ($.25) with you in case they have a coin operated pump.

The air in my area must be of much better quality, since most coin-op
machines are now $.50.

willshak

On 12/12/2004 9:04 AM US(ET), brisket smoker took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

Your second solution would be to remove the tire, or take the whole
handtruck to the local service station and use the air pump there. Bring
a quarter ($.25) with you in case they have a coin operated pump.

The air in my area must be of much better quality, since most coin-op
machines are now $.50.

Naw, it probably costs more to ship the air to your location than mine.
Actually, the last time I used one that had a coin operated pump, it was
$.25. But that was years ago. I had to top off a just mounted spare tire
after I got a flat on the NJ Turnpike last week. The air pump was free
at the turnpike service station, but even then, you have to pay a toll
to use the free pump.

John Hines

"Redlocks" wrote:

measures when filling it with air. Unfortunately I wasn't able to build
sufficient pressure with a hand pump

I found that removing the valve from the stem, it unscrews with a little
gizmo that is often on a valve stem cap, allows enough air from a
compressor to blow the tire up, and re-seat the beads.

Of course, it won't hold air till you screw the valve back in.

Northern Tool has tube type tire setups (wheel, tube, tire) for about
$10 all ready to go, if you don't want to DIY.
HeatMan

"brisket smoker" wrote in message
Your second solution would be to remove the tire, or take the whole
handtruck to the local service station and use the air pump there. Bring
a quarter ($.25) with you in case they have a coin operated pump.

The air in my area must be of much better quality, since most coin-op
machines are now $.50.

Some air pumps in my area are still free.

Redlocks

Fixed it!

Thanks for the tips.

John