Daniel Prince

Default Repairing a tubeless handcart tire

I have a handcart with tubeless tires. One of the tires has developed a
leak in the sidewall. It goes completely flat in about a day. (I wish
they had used a solid rubber tire.)

What is the best way to repair this tire? Would one of those liquid
tire sealants work? Thank you in advance for all replies.
in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.
willshak

Daniel Prince wrote:

I have a handcart with tubeless tires. One of the tires has developed a
leak in the sidewall. It goes completely flat in about a day. (I wish
they had used a solid rubber tire.)

What is the best way to repair this tire? Would one of those liquid
tire sealants work? Thank you in advance for all replies.

I've never had any luck with those tire sealers on a small tire. I think
they rely on centrifical force and the tire heating up when driving down
the highway.
Depending upon the size of the tire, you may be able to get an inner
tube to fit it. I had the same problem with one of my front tractor
tires and a few applications of the sealer didn't work, but the inner
tube fixed it. If the tire is too small for an inner tube, maybe some
sort of spray in insulating foam to make it semi-solid. I never tried it
though, so I can't vouch for any success.
Jim Rusling

Daniel Prince wrote:

I have a handcart with tubeless tires. One of the tires has developed a
leak in the sidewall. It goes completely flat in about a day. (I wish
they had used a solid rubber tire.)

What is the best way to repair this tire? Would one of those liquid
tire sealants work? Thank you in advance for all replies.

I had the same problem and took the wheels to Walmart and had some new
tires put on. The new ones were a lot heavier duty.

--
Jim Rusling
Partially Retired
Joe Bobst

What is the best way to repair this tire?

1) Remove tire
2) Discard tire in trash
3) Go to Farm & Fleet, tire store, whatever, and buy replacement (they're
cheap)
4) Install tire, live happily ever after. HTH

Joe
Pop

"Joe Bobst" wrote in message
| What is the best way to repair this tire?
|
| 1) Remove tire
| 2) Discard tire in trash
| 3) Go to Farm & Fleet, tire store, whatever, and buy
replacement (they're
| cheap)
| 4) Install tire, live happily ever after. HTH
|
| Joe

And they're not a heck of a lot more expensive than a tube, in
fact, esp when you factor in your time and aggravation.

I did however have good luck with the tubeless tire stuff you
squirt in thru the valve. Take the tire off, fill it, add air
until pressure is at max listed for the tire (I usually go a few
pounds even past that, to about 22 pounds for tractor tires),
handle, rotate, tip, flip, etc., the tire to spread the stuff all
over inside real well. PUt it on the tractor and go ride in
circles for 5 minutes or so.
Cabeat: IF you ever decide to take that tire off and replace
it, you are going to have ONE heck of a mess of sticky crap all
over the rim inside!!

Pop

wayne

this would be the way to solve the problem period

No more flat tires, even in the most hazardous operating environments. Full
of genuine Arnco flatproofingT, your tires will roll right over spikes,
scrap metal, nails, rocks... you name it. You could even shoot them with an
elephant gun, and they'd keep right on rolling!

http://www.arnconet.com/shouldbefull.htm

Wayne

"Daniel Prince" wrote in message
I have a handcart with tubeless tires. One of the tires has developed a
leak in the sidewall. It goes completely flat in about a day. (I wish
they had used a solid rubber tire.)

What is the best way to repair this tire? Would one of those liquid
tire sealants work? Thank you in advance for all replies.
in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.

Mark and Kim Smith

Daniel Prince wrote:

I have a handcart with tubeless tires. One of the tires has developed a
leak in the sidewall. It goes completely flat in about a day. (I wish
they had used a solid rubber tire.)

What is the best way to repair this tire? Would one of those liquid
tire sealants work? Thank you in advance for all replies.

You could repair it the correct way if you plan on keeping the tire.
Patch and / or plug the hole. You'll probably be able to find the cold
vulcanizing materials at your local auto parts store. You could also
take the assembly to the local truck tire repair folks ( industrial )
and have them foam filled. (Similar to a previous post.) Then they
will last forever ( almost, at least until the tread wears off.)

bumtracks

put bigger tires on it
more air takes longer to leak out when you get holes.

I put tubes in my hand cart tires when it was new because they came with
default leaks, then squoze a full bottle of Briggs & Stratton stop leak in
each one. They still leak, I sure do wish they held more air.

"Daniel Prince" wrote in message
I have a handcart with tubeless tires. One of the tires has developed a
leak in the sidewall. It goes completely flat in about a day. (I wish
they had used a solid rubber tire.)

What is the best way to repair this tire? Would one of those liquid
tire sealants work? Thank you in advance for all replies.
in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.

anon

"bumtracks" wrote in message news:pCted.354$kr4.252@trnddc01...
put bigger tires on it
more air takes longer to leak out when you get holes.

I put tubes in my hand cart tires when it was new because they came with
default leaks, then squoze a full bottle of Briggs & Stratton stop leak in
each one. They still leak, I sure do wish they held more air.

"Daniel Prince" wrote in message
I have a handcart with tubeless tires. One of the tires has developed a
leak in the sidewall. It goes completely flat in about a day. (I wish
they had used a solid rubber tire.)

What is the best way to repair this tire? Would one of those liquid
tire sealants work? Thank you in advance for all replies.
in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.

I had the same problem with garden tractor trailer tires.

If you are too cheap to buy a new tire (I was), then get a bottle of
"Slime" at Harbor Freight. There are other brands of tire sealant
around in hardware and auto supply stores.

First dunk the tire in a water bath to find out exactly where in the
sidewall the leak(s) are.

Then, follow the instructions: remove valve stem, squirt several
ounces of the Slime into the tire, replace the valve stem and inflate
to the proper pressure.

Then put the leaky side down and hit the tire HARD flat on the ground
to force the Slime into the leaks. Retest for leaks in the water bath,
if it still leaks, repeat hitting on the ground and retesting.

I was able to get several more years of service out of my tires before
I finally got tired of re-inflating them every month or so and bought
new tires.

To prevent the problem from recurring with the new tires, protect them
from the sun's UV rays as these rays rot the tires.