Gary Boyer

Default Cordless Drill

My Mother purchased a Dwalt cordless drill for me for my birthday......the
sales guy sold her a drill that is so big you could build a skyscraper with
it........way to big....nice drill though...the thing must way 5 plus
pounds.......what would you suggest for household and general use....some
thing I can also use for tightening or inserting small screws, drilling
wood, etc.......I realize there are bunches and bunches of them.....thanks
......Gary

new england gal

I love my Ryobi drill. In fact, I received the whole set of cordless
tools for Christmas from my husband. I find that they aren't too heavy
but pack alot of power. My favorite of the set is the circular saw.

Travis Jordan

Gary Boyer wrote:
My Mother purchased a Dwalt cordless drill for me for my
birthday......the sales guy sold her a drill that is so big you could
build a skyscraper with it........way to big....nice drill
though...the thing must way 5 plus pounds.......what would you
suggest for household and general use....some thing I can also use
for tightening or inserting small screws, drilling wood, etc.......I
realize there are bunches and bunches of them.....thanks .....Gary

High quality, medium price: Makita, DeWalt, Milwaukee, Hitachi
Lower quality, low price: Ryobi, Black & Decker

You don't need more than 9.6v or 12v for most household applications. I've
got a Makita 9.6V that I have had for years. I use it for everything from
drilling holes in masonry to screwdriving.

http://www.makita.com/Cordless_Item_View.asp?id=63

Joseph Meehan

Gary Boyer wrote:
My Mother purchased a Dwalt cordless drill for me for my
birthday......the sales guy sold her a drill that is so big you could
build a skyscraper with it........way to big....nice drill
though...the thing must way 5 plus pounds.......what would you
suggest for household and general use....some thing I can also use
for tightening or inserting small screws, drilling wood, etc.......I
realize there are bunches and bunches of them.....thanks .....Gary

It sounds like he sold her a heavy duty drill. She needs a light duty
drill. Just exchange it for a 9 or 12 volt model. DeWalt is not bad, lower
price than most and a little less quality, but a good choice for the use.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Gary Boyer wrote:
My Mother purchased a Dwalt cordless drill for me for my birthday......the
sales guy sold her a drill that is so big you could build a skyscraper with
it........way to big....nice drill though...the thing must way 5 plus
pounds.......what would you suggest for household and general use....some
thing I can also use for tightening or inserting small screws, drilling
wood, etc.......I realize there are bunches and bunches of them.....thanks
.....Gary

If you're dissatisfied with the Dewalt, you could always send it to me. I'll
dispose of it safely for you.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

meirman

In alt.home.repair on 30 Nov 2004 08:23:15 -0800 "new england gal"
posted:

I love my Ryobi drill. In fact, I received the whole set of cordless
tools for Christmas from my husband. I find that they aren't too heavy
but pack alot of power. My favorite of the set is the circular saw.

Is it true that the circular saw was invented by a woman? That's why
I've heard, (but I've learned not to believe (or disbelieve, usually)
things the first time or two that I hear them.) According to what I
heard, she was a Shaker woman. Shakers lived in northeast Ohio, near
Shaker Heights I assume, and one of their major ways of making money
was making furniture.

Anyhow, I finally started using my 5 inch one, in addition to the
bigger one, and the five inch one is great. (I hope to find my
handsaw soon.)

P&M

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.
Edwin Pawlowski

"meirman" wrote in message

Is it true that the circular saw was invented by a woman? That's why
I've heard, (but I've learned not to believe (or disbelieve, usually)
things the first time or two that I hear them.) According to what I
heard, she was a Shaker woman. Shakers lived in northeast Ohio, near
Shaker Heights I assume, and one of their major ways of making money
was making furniture.

True.

Shakers were very progressive with technology. They had simple lives and
were also advocates of herbal medications. If you ever have the opportunity
to visit a Shaker village/museum you'll find it very interesting.