Edwin Pawlowski

"meirman" wrote in message

Is it true that the circular saw was invented by a woman? That's why
I've heard, (but I've learned not to believe (or disbelieve, usually)
things the first time or two that I hear them.) According to what I
heard, she was a Shaker woman. Shakers lived in northeast Ohio, near
Shaker Heights I assume, and one of their major ways of making money
was making furniture.

True.

Shakers were very progressive with technology. They had simple lives and
were also advocates of herbal medications. If you ever have the opportunity
to visit a Shaker village/museum you'll find it very interesting.