meirman

In alt.home.repair on 30 Nov 2004 08:23:15 -0800 "new england gal"
posted:

I love my Ryobi drill. In fact, I received the whole set of cordless
tools for Christmas from my husband. I find that they aren't too heavy
but pack alot of power. My favorite of the set is the circular saw.

Is it true that the circular saw was invented by a woman? That's why
I've heard, (but I've learned not to believe (or disbelieve, usually)
things the first time or two that I hear them.) According to what I
heard, she was a Shaker woman. Shakers lived in northeast Ohio, near
Shaker Heights I assume, and one of their major ways of making money
was making furniture.

Anyhow, I finally started using my 5 inch one, in addition to the
bigger one, and the five inch one is great. (I hope to find my
handsaw soon.)

P&M

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether