mypet

Default Another Whirlpool Agitator Question

I looked inside my washing machine and noted that the agitator was
moving slightly but not at the normal speed. I checked and the lower
part of the agitator is working fine, but the top part is only slight
moving.

The machine is 12 yrs. old and everything else is perking right along
except for that darn agitator! Is this something that I can try and
fix myself or would it require special tools and heavy lifting?

This is a Whirlpool washing machine and the only identifying numbers I
see under the lid are Stylemaster 4213632 Rev. B

I appreciate any help and assistance.
Mad Mac

Sounds very like you need to replace the "dogs", four little nylon
pieces that drive the top part of the agitator around. Fairly simple
job, you'll need a 7/16" socket plus an extension.
mypet

Where do you get the "dogs", how much should they cost and do they
come with instructions? I could possibly handle this with
instructions as long as I don't have to "walk" the machine out of its
spot wedged against the dryer to do it.

Sounds very like you need to replace the "dogs", four little nylon
pieces that drive the top part of the agitator around. Fairly simple
job, you'll need a 7/16" socket plus an extension.

Phisherman

Remove the top of the agitator. The part you need will cost about
$10. You friendly local appliance repair shop salesperson will be
able to help you, and give you instructions on how to replace it. It
is an easy job.

On 3 Nov 2004 07:49:48 -0800, (mypet) wrote:

Where do you get the "dogs", how much should they cost and do they
come with instructions? I could possibly handle this with
instructions as long as I don't have to "walk" the machine out of its
spot wedged against the dryer to do it.

Sounds very like you need to replace the "dogs", four little nylon
pieces that drive the top part of the agitator around. Fairly simple
job, you'll need a 7/16" socket plus an extension.

mypet

Ok...I found the model #! I was looking on the lid...not on the lip
UNDER the lid.
The model of my Whirlpool Washing Machine is LA5500XT.

There is no parts dealer in my little town. Is there an online source
for these worn out nylon dogs in the agitator?
willshak

jeff wrote:

(mypet) wrote in message . com...

Ok...I found the model #! I was looking on the lid...not on the lip
UNDER the lid.
The model of my Whirlpool Washing Machine is LA5500XT.

There is no parts dealer in my little town. Is there an online source
for these worn out nylon dogs in the agitator?

Hi,

The model of my Whirlpool Washing Machine is LA5500XT

I found LA5500XTW0 LA5500XTW1 LA5500XTF0 LA5500XTF1 LA5500XTG0
LA5500XTG1 LA5500XTM0 LA5500XTM1 LA5500XTN0 LA5500XTN1

Might those last 2 digits be appliance color codes?

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=3109
Agitator directional cogs (dog ears), 4 per package

These may help as well.....

http://www.applianceaid.com/direct.html#agitating
http://www.applianceaid.com/generalwash.html#agitator

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Dave Harnish

Hi,

Sorry, I missed the orig post on this, but I stock lots of the
DA agitator dogs, at $7.50 plus the Priority Mail - if you
still need any.

Here's an article that'll help you with installation:
http://www.DavesRepair.com/DIYhelp/DIY285770.htm

God bless,

Dave Harnish
Dave's Repair Service
New Albany, PA
www.DavesRepair.com

570-363-2404

Free home appliance tips from a 32-year pro repair
technician! Get your monthly email newsletter he
(Back issues now posted too!)
www.DavesRepair.com

Acts 4:12

"willshak" wrote in message
jeff wrote:

(mypet) wrote in message

. com...

[...]

jeff

willshak wrote in message

Might those last 2 digits be appliance color codes?

They are a change of some sort...when a change was made during
production ( trim, new part, colour change, screw loaction, ect ) the
model# is changed.
When looking for a part or any information, the full model# is best

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Anyone know whether there is a site that I can go to search for how old
my whirlpool washer and drier is? I just moved and am lucky enough to
have two people donate their old washer/drier sets to me. I'm trying
to figure out which set is newer. One set is LA932oxtwo (washer) and
LG9521xtw1 (drier) and the other set is LA6058Xsn2 (wahser) and
LG6091xsn1 (drier). They both look pretty old and I think their at
least 10+ years old. If anyone knows, that would be great.

--
heythere
heythere's Profile: http://homeimprovement.mylounge.us/m...p?userid=18581