Phisherman

Remove the top of the agitator. The part you need will cost about
$10. You friendly local appliance repair shop salesperson will be
able to help you, and give you instructions on how to replace it. It
is an easy job.

On 3 Nov 2004 07:49:48 -0800, (mypet) wrote:

Where do you get the "dogs", how much should they cost and do they
come with instructions? I could possibly handle this with
instructions as long as I don't have to "walk" the machine out of its
spot wedged against the dryer to do it.

Sounds very like you need to replace the "dogs", four little nylon
pieces that drive the top part of the agitator around. Fairly simple
job, you'll need a 7/16" socket plus an extension.