No One

Default Basic Return Air Heating Question

I work in a large sized office room and I have a question. During the
heating season, usually, it gets hotter than hell in here, but on days
when it does feel comfortable to me, everyone else is cold. The Room
is roughly 100 feet by 50 feet. Everywhere else in the room has better
"air flow" with the outside surroundings, so I don't think that people
get as hot as I do. There are six ceiling vents that the heat comes
from. I am located in the only corner where there is no exits. The
vent above me is off, but it still gets way too damned hot, the other
vents are on. There are two return air vents, one is by me and one is
in the other corner of the room. If I block my return air vent will it
help me out by cooling my area down? It seems like the heat from every
else just gets sucked to my area and will not let up! Is this ok to
try or could it cause a major problem? Thanks.

Pop

And, unless you're the owner/partner, be prepared to be bitched
at when they see it. Use it to make a point. Thermometer
readings are always good evidence, as is aking the boss to stop
by when it's hottest there and cooler elsewhere.

Pop

"Bennett Price" wrote in message
. com...
| Try this for a day or two; just put a piece of newspaper over
the return
| air vent - the suction will hold it. It probably will make you
more
| comfortable.
|
| No One wrote:
|
| I work in a large sized office room and I have a question.
During the
| heating season, usually, it gets hotter than hell in here,
but on days
| when it does feel comfortable to me, everyone else is cold.
The Room
| is roughly 100 feet by 50 feet. Everywhere else in the room
has better
| "air flow" with the outside surroundings, so I don't think
that people
| get as hot as I do. There are six ceiling vents that the
heat comes
| from. I am located in the only corner where there is no
exits. The
| vent above me is off, but it still gets way too damned hot,
the other
| vents are on. There are two return air vents, one is by me
and one is
| in the other corner of the room. If I block my return air
vent will it
| help me out by cooling my area down? It seems like the heat
from every
| else just gets sucked to my area and will not let up! Is
this ok to
| try or could it cause a major problem? Thanks.

Joseph Meehan

No One wrote:
[...]

Blocking air returns and vents is usually a poor idea.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

No One

Oh I am prepared. The main problem is the darn women here are so cold
blooded. My thermometer here usually reads at least 75 during the
winter and sometimes reaches 79. For some reason the heat during the
winter bothers me more than if it were 80 degrees in the summer. The
women wear sweaters and are cold but I am in a short sleeve and hot.

Pop wrote:
And, unless you're the owner/partner, be prepared to be bitched
at when they see it. Use it to make a point. Thermometer
readings are always good evidence, as is aking the boss to stop
by when it's hottest there and cooler elsewhere.

Pop

"Bennett Price" wrote in message
. com...
| Try this for a day or two; just put a piece of newspaper over
the return
| air vent - the suction will hold it. It probably will make you
more
| comfortable.
|
| No One wrote:
|
| I work in a large sized office room and I have a question.
During the
| heating season, usually, it gets hotter than hell in here,
but on days
| when it does feel comfortable to me, everyone else is cold.
The Room
| is roughly 100 feet by 50 feet. Everywhere else in the room
has better
| "air flow" with the outside surroundings, so I don't think
that people
| get as hot as I do. There are six ceiling vents that the
heat comes
| from. I am located in the only corner where there is no
exits. The
| vent above me is off, but it still gets way too damned hot,
the other
| vents are on. There are two return air vents, one is by me
and one is
| in the other corner of the room. If I block my return air
vent will it
| help me out by cooling my area down? It seems like the heat
from every
| else just gets sucked to my area and will not let up! Is
this ok to
| try or could it cause a major problem? Thanks.

Abe

Oh I am prepared. The main problem is the darn women here are so cold
blooded. My thermometer here usually reads at least 75 during the
winter and sometimes reaches 79. For some reason the heat during the
winter bothers me more than if it were 80 degrees in the summer. The
women wear sweaters and are cold but I am in a short sleeve and hot.

----------------
Can you swap desks with one of the lizards?
John Hines

"No One" wrote:

I work in a large sized office room and I have a question. During the
heating season, usually, it gets hotter than hell in here, but on days
when it does feel comfortable to me, everyone else is cold. The Room
is roughly 100 feet by 50 feet. Everywhere else in the room has better
"air flow" with the outside surroundings, so I don't think that people
get as hot as I do.

Talk to the boss, and see if he will pop for a "rebalancing" of the
system.

My former company did this, and the heating company came out, and
measured the air flow from all the vents, and made appropriate (and
requested) changes from the various office occupants.

In a big system, like a multi story building, each vent will have a
damper in the ductwork, that will control things. I've no idea what the
cost was, but it helped the office environment to no end.
No One

Yeah, I thought of that, but then people can see me looking at porn.

Oscar_Lives

Sounds like you need to lose some weight.

oups.com...