Thomas Miller

Default blower keeps running on 383KAV gas furnace - error code is 33

I am having problems with my Bryant 383KAV gas furnace

The owners manual can be found he

http://www.gogeisel.com/geiselonline...CAV_Gas_OM.pdf

My problem is that it won't heat or cool and the blower keeps running
non stop, even when the thermostat is set to

OFF.

I think the problem is a result of switching the programmable
thermostat from HEAT to COOL or COOL to HEAT too

quickly. I guess I should have set it to off.

The Bryant 383KAV has a status LED code. The LED code is currently
reading:

"code 33" - "LIMIT OR FLAME ROLLOUT SWITCH IS OPEN
If limit switch is open longer than 3 minutes code changes to code NO.
13
Check for:
a)Blower motor failure
b)motor start capacitor
c)open flame rollout switch, manual reset
d)inadequate combustion air supply (flame rollout switch only)
e)dirty air filter
f)defective limit switch or connections
g)loose blower wheel"

The units blower has been running for about 5 hours non-stop and the
LED status is still "33". It has not changed to

code 13 yet. Here is what the manual says for code 13. "LIMIT OR
FLAME ROLLOUT SWITCH LOCKOUT- LIMIT SWITCH WAS

OPEN LONGER THAN 3 MINUTES. AUTO-RESET WILL OCCUR AFTER 3 HOURS. FLAME
ROLLOUT SWITCH REQUIRES MANUAL RESET. SEE

#33."

I have already done the manual reset limit switch procedure and
restarted the furnace and the problem still exists.

The fan blower is running constantly and the error code is still "33"

What is the next step I should take? How do I test to see if it is a
bad capacitor or a bad s

#33."

I have already done the manual reset limit switch procedure and
restarted the furnace and the problem still exists.

The fan blower is running constantly and the error code is still "33"

What is the next step I should take? How do I test to see if it is a
bad capacitor or a bad s

Hi,
Actually the controller does not know blower is going.
Maybe the relay supplying power to the motor is stuck or shorted.
Tony

#33."

I have already done the manual reset limit switch procedure and
restarted the furnace and the problem still exists.

The fan blower is running constantly and the error code is still "33"

What is the next step I should take? How do I test to see if it is a
bad capacitor or a bad s

Hi,
Actually the controller does not know blower is going.
Maybe the relay supplying power to the motor is stuck or shorted.
Tony

Hi,
Doesn't have auto-manual fan switch on the wall thermostat?
Maybe it's in manual by accident?
Tony
HvacTech2

Hi Thomas, hope you are having a nice day

On 09-Oct-04 At About 07:46:56, Thomas Miller wrote to All

TM From: (Thomas Miller)

TM I am having problems with my Bryant 383KAV gas furnace

TM The owners manual can be found he

TM
http://www.gogeisel.com/geiselonline...73LAV_376CAV_3
TM 83KAV_395CAV _Gas_OM.pd

TM My problem is that it won't heat or cool and the blower keeps running
TM non stop, even when the thermostat is set to

As the code says the limit or rollout switch is open. what you really need to
do is call a local company to check it for you as the safety opened for a
reason and that needs to be corrected or it will just happen again.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... URA Redneck if you've worn something to church having sequins on it.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail
Thomas Miller

The fan switch on the thermostat is set to "AUTO" and not "ON". I just
removed the thermostat and the fan is still blowing so it has nothing
to do with the thermostat.

#33."

I have already done the manual reset limit switch procedure and
restarted the furnace and the problem still exists.

The fan blower is running constantly and the error code is still "33"

What is the next step I should take? How do I test to see if it is a
bad capacitor or a bad s

My best guess is there is still a limit open somewhere. Many gas furnaces
will do as your's is when a limit trips.
Best bet is to get out the yellow pages!
Greg

#33."

I have already done the manual reset limit switch procedure and
restarted the furnace and the problem still exists.

The fan blower is running constantly and the error code is still "33"

What is the next step I should take? How do I test to see if it is a
bad capacitor or a bad s

My best guess is there is still a limit open somewhere. Many gas furnaces
will do as your's is when a limit trips.
Best bet is to get out the yellow pages!
Greg

Does anything else work? Could be a bad transformer...

Thomas Miller

I fixed it by removing the limit switch, cleaning it, tapping on the
switch, screwing it back in and turning the circuit back on. Working
great now.
Brian V

"Thomas Miller" wrote in message
om...
I fixed it by removing the limit switch, cleaning it, tapping on the
switch, screwing it back in and turning the circuit back on. Working
great now.

Ya, til your house burns down from a defective limit switch. There is a
reason it opened in the first place. You need to have your system checked
and that 30$ limit switch replaced by a licensed competent technician.

Thomas Miller

everything is working fine now. Thanks.

Leave furnace blower running 24/7? DesignGuy Home Repair 23 February 7th 14 01:31 PM
Furnace problems - repair, replace or ???? Paul Home Repair 11 March 24th 04 12:59 AM
Furnace not turning on Ed Home Repair 8 March 9th 04 04:35 PM
ok, my problem seems to be with the furnace fan constantly running Mr. Mark Home Repair 29 August 25th 03 04:20 PM