Thomas Miller

Default blower keeps running on 383KAV gas furnace - error code is 33

I am having problems with my Bryant 383KAV gas furnace

The owners manual can be found he

http://www.gogeisel.com/geiselonline...CAV_Gas_OM.pdf

My problem is that it won't heat or cool and the blower keeps running
non stop, even when the thermostat is set to

OFF.

I think the problem is a result of switching the programmable
thermostat from HEAT to COOL or COOL to HEAT too

quickly. I guess I should have set it to off.

The Bryant 383KAV has a status LED code. The LED code is currently
reading:

"code 33" - "LIMIT OR FLAME ROLLOUT SWITCH IS OPEN
If limit switch is open longer than 3 minutes code changes to code NO.
13
Check for:
a)Blower motor failure
b)motor start capacitor
c)open flame rollout switch, manual reset
d)inadequate combustion air supply (flame rollout switch only)
e)dirty air filter
f)defective limit switch or connections
g)loose blower wheel"

The units blower has been running for about 5 hours non-stop and the
LED status is still "33". It has not changed to

code 13 yet. Here is what the manual says for code 13. "LIMIT OR
FLAME ROLLOUT SWITCH LOCKOUT- LIMIT SWITCH WAS

OPEN LONGER THAN 3 MINUTES. AUTO-RESET WILL OCCUR AFTER 3 HOURS. FLAME
ROLLOUT SWITCH REQUIRES MANUAL RESET. SEE

#33."

I have already done the manual reset limit switch procedure and
restarted the furnace and the problem still exists.

The fan blower is running constantly and the error code is still "33"

What is the next step I should take? How do I test to see if it is a
bad capacitor or a bad s