Old June 10th 21, 09:36 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Built to Rent

" wrote in message
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:43:34 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Yours is stick built and the way the roof
water is done is completely ****ed.

What's ****ed about the roof water?

That short section lying on the ground next to the path
isnt going to last long and the vertical looks bad too.

It's standard aluminum downspout.

The horizontal bit on the ground isnt.

Nearly every house in the U.S. has the same thing

Not the horizontal bit on the ground.

and it lasts as long as it needs to.

The horizontal bit on the ground doesn't.

Old June 10th 21, 09:52 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default ROTFLOL Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert, AGAIN!

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 06:36:31 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

It's standard aluminum downspout.

The horizontal bit on the ground isnt.

Nearly every house in the U.S. has the same thing

Not the horizontal bit on the ground.

and it lasts as long as it needs to.

The horizontal bit on the ground doesn't.

In auto-contradicting mode again, you clinically insane auto-contradicting
senile pest? LOL

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:
Old June 11th 21, 01:18 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 06:36:31 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

" wrote in message
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:43:34 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Yours is stick built and the way the roof
water is done is completely ****ed.

What's ****ed about the roof water?

That short section lying on the ground next to the path
isnt going to last long and the vertical looks bad too.

It's standard aluminum downspout.

The horizontal bit on the ground isnt.

Nearly every house in the U.S. has the same thing

Not the horizontal bit on the ground.

and it lasts as long as it needs to.

The horizontal bit on the ground doesn't.

That is just getting the water away from the house so the basement is
not as likely to flood. They usually use splash blocks for that. I
guess an extra 3" of aluminum was cheaper.
Old June 11th 21, 03:13 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/10/2021 10:36 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:30:59 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:

Yours is stick built and the way the roof water is done is completely
****ed.

What's ****ed about the roof water? Since it's in the West, where water
rights are to my way of thinking frankly crazy, it's possible that the people who
own or live in the house don't own the rights to the water that falls on it.
If that's the case, they must let it run to wherever it has always run.

It's a fine distinction but you cannot impound the water. You can divert
the downspout to water your garden. You cannot fill a cistern or koi
pond. The water use laws in this state go back at least 100 years. They
may seem crazy to people in the wetlands but they're not as crazy as
settling water disputes with .30-30's.

Old June 11th 21, 04:12 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 20:13:20 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 06/10/2021 10:36 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:30:59 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:

Yours is stick built and the way the roof water is done is completely
****ed.

What's ****ed about the roof water? Since it's in the West, where water
rights are to my way of thinking frankly crazy, it's possible that the people who
own or live in the house don't own the rights to the water that falls on it.
If that's the case, they must let it run to wherever it has always run.

It's a fine distinction but you cannot impound the water. You can divert
the downspout to water your garden. You cannot fill a cistern or koi
pond. The water use laws in this state go back at least 100 years. They
may seem crazy to people in the wetlands but they're not as crazy as
settling water disputes with .30-30's.

Whiskey is for drinking and water is for fighting over - Mark Twain.

Old June 11th 21, 05:32 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

" wrote in message
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:43:34 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Yours is stick built and the way the roof
water is done is completely ****ed.

What's ****ed about the roof water?

That short section lying on the ground next to the path
isnt going to last long and the vertical looks bad too.

It's standard aluminum downspout.

The horizontal bit on the ground isnt.

Nearly every house in the U.S. has the same thing

Not the horizontal bit on the ground.

and it lasts as long as it needs to.

The horizontal bit on the ground doesn't.

That is just getting the water away from the
house so the basement is not as likely to flood.

A chain works much better when you have a decent eave.

They usually use splash blocks for that.

And that would last much longer.

I guess an extra 3" of aluminum was cheaper.

It's a lot more than 3", you presumably meant 3'

Still a ****ed way to do it.

Old June 11th 21, 10:35 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 10:13:27 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 06/10/2021 10:36 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:30:59 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:

Yours is stick built and the way the roof water is done is completely
****ed.

What's ****ed about the roof water? Since it's in the West, where water
rights are to my way of thinking frankly crazy, it's possible that the people who
own or live in the house don't own the rights to the water that falls on it.
If that's the case, they must let it run to wherever it has always run.

It's a fine distinction but you cannot impound the water. You can divert
the downspout to water your garden. You cannot fill a cistern or koi
pond. The water use laws in this state go back at least 100 years. They
may seem crazy to people in the wetlands but they're not as crazy as
settling water disputes with .30-30's.

Thanks for the detail. The East is no stranger to water-rights weirdness.
IIRC there are places if anybody ever tied two logs together and floated
them downstream, it's a "navigable waterway" and subject to regulation.

Cindy Hamilton
Old June 11th 21, 10:41 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 4:36:40 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
" wrote in message
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:43:34 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Yours is stick built and the way the roof
water is done is completely ****ed.

What's ****ed about the roof water?

That short section lying on the ground next to the path
isnt going to last long and the vertical looks bad too.

It's standard aluminum downspout.

The horizontal bit on the ground isnt.

You're right. It's standard hinged downspout
extension. You can buy them on Amazon if you're
so inclined:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hinged+downspout+extension

Nearly every house in the U.S. has the same thing

Not the horizontal bit on the ground.
and it lasts as long as it needs to.

The horizontal bit on the ground doesn't.

How would you know? Do you have any direct experience
with it?

We use schedule 80 PVC for the same purpose at our house.
I expect it'll still be sitting there when I'm dead. How much longer
does it need to last? I'm confident whoever buys our house will say
"Oh, that 4" drainage pipe painted brown is so ugly" and replace it.

Cindy Hamilton
Old June 11th 21, 11:06 AM posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in message
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:43:34 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Yours is stick built and the way the roof
water is done is completely ****ed.

What's ****ed about the roof water?

That short section lying on the ground next to the path
isnt going to last long and the vertical looks bad too.

It's standard aluminum downspout.

The horizontal bit on the ground isnt.

You're right. It's standard hinged downspout
extension. You can buy them on Amazon if you're
so inclined:

No thanks, a chain is much better.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hinged+downspout+extension

Nearly every house in the U.S. has the same thing

Not the horizontal bit on the ground.
and it lasts as long as it needs to.

The horizontal bit on the ground doesn't.

How would you know? Do you have any
direct experience with it?

Its obviously not going to last as long as a proper
galvanised chain.

We use schedule 80 PVC for the same purpose at our house.
I expect it'll still be sitting there when I'm dead.

You are completely irrelevant, it isnt just about you.

How much longer does it need to last?

Pathetic.

I'm confident whoever buys our house will say
"Oh, that 4" drainage pipe painted brown is so ugly" and replace it.

Wouldn’t be necessary if it was done properly in the first place.

Old June 11th 21, 11:08 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 20:06:37 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile asshole's latest troll****

Yeah, senile cretin, keep teaching those stupid Yanks what they get for
feeding you! BG

--
Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID: