DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Built to Rent (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/687106-built-rent.html)

Dean Hoffman[_18_] June 10th 21 02:09 PM

Built to Rent

A talk show mentioned built to rent housing developments. The houses are on the modest end of the scale. A nearby town might have something like that. There is an area of identical duplexes. They don't look like anything fancy from the outside but people at least have a little yard and a garage. The garages are in the middle of the duplexes.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradhunter/2020/01/16/the-new-face-of-rental-housing--single-family-built-for-rent/?sh=251be2483a10

Rod Speed June 10th 21 06:30 PM

Built to Rent

Dean Hoffman wrote

A talk show mentioned built to rent housing developments.
The houses are on the modest end of the scale. A nearby
town might have something like that. There is an area of
identical duplexes. They don't look like anything fancy
from the outside but people at least have a little yard and
a garage. The garages are in the middle of the duplexes.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradhunter/2020/01/16/the-new-face-of-rental-housing--single-family-built-for-rent/?sh=251be2483a10

Some of ours are a lot better done than that
https://goo.gl/maps/o8qTkzWfhQJJgg9w9
its surprisingly big inside and has a small yard at the back for each unit.

Not for rent either, each one is owned.

Yours is stick built and the way the roof water is done is completely
****ed.

[email protected] June 10th 21 06:36 PM

Built to Rent

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:30:59 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:

Yours is stick built and the way the roof water is done is completely
****ed.

What's ****ed about the roof water? Since it's in the West, where water
rights are to my way of thinking frankly crazy, it's possible that the people who
own or live in the house don't own the rights to the water that falls on it.
If that's the case, they must let it run to wherever it has always run.

Cindy Hamilton

Rod Speed June 10th 21 06:43 PM

Built to Rent

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Yours is stick built and the way the roof
water is done is completely ****ed.

What's ****ed about the roof water?

That short section lying on the ground next to the path
isnt going to last long and the vertical looks bad too.

Since it's in the West, where water rights are to my way of
thinking frankly crazy, it's possible that the people who own
or live in the house don't own the rights to the water that falls on it.
If that's the case, they must let it run to wherever it has always run.

But don’t have to do the pipe in such a ****ed way.

In my dad's last house but one, there is a heavy galvanised
chain from the roof eaves with a small square of gravel at the
bottom like with that pic. That looks much better and will last
forever. Works the same water rights wise if that applys.

Marilyn Manson June 10th 21 07:11 PM

Built to Rent

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:43:34 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Yours is stick built and the way the roof
water is done is completely ****ed.

What's ****ed about the roof water?

That short section lying on the ground next to the path
isnt going to last long and the vertical looks bad too.
Since it's in the West, where water rights are to my way of
thinking frankly crazy, it's possible that the people who own
or live in the house don't own the rights to the water that falls on it..
If that's the case, they must let it run to wherever it has always run.

But don’t have to do the pipe in such a ****ed way.

In my dad's last house but one, there is a heavy galvanised
chain from the roof eaves with a small square of gravel at the
bottom like with that pic. That looks much better and will last
forever. Works the same water rights wise if that applys.

Did they let the water drain right down along the foundation?

If so, that - to use your word - is ****ed.

\[email protected] June 10th 21 07:21 PM

Built to Rent

On 6/10/21 1:11 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
[...]

Usually these "rain chains" are used where the eaves overhang the
foundation by quite a bit.

https://www.thisoldhouse.com/gutters...l-a-rain-chain

[email protected] June 10th 21 08:22 PM

Built to Rent

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:43:34 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Yours is stick built and the way the roof
water is done is completely ****ed.

What's ****ed about the roof water?

That short section lying on the ground next to the path
isnt going to last long and the vertical looks bad too.

It's standard aluminum downspout. Nearly every house in the
U.S. has the same thing and it lasts as long as it needs to.

Cindy Hamilton

Rod Speed June 10th 21 08:24 PM

Built to Rent

"Marilyn Manson" wrote in message
[...]

Nope, the gravel pit at the bottom of the chain is the top of a pipe that
takes the water out to the road kerb and into the council storm water drain.

If so, that - to use your word - is ****ed.

It works fine in sandy soil, it’s the same as before the house was there.

Rod Speed June 10th 21 08:32 PM

Built to Rent

wrote in message
[...]

Yes, and it was a flat roof in a very heavy rainfall areas where decent
eaves are useful when coming home when its raining heavily.

https://www.thisoldhouse.com/gutters...l-a-rain-chain

Peeler[_4_] June 10th 21 08:33 PM

Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 02:30:50 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Some of ours are a lot better done than that
https://goo.gl/maps/o8qTkzWfhQJJgg9w9
its surprisingly big inside and has a small yard at the back for each unit.

Not for rent either, each one is owned.

Yours is stick built and the way the roof water is done is completely
****ed.

Teaching the Yanks (just like the Brits, the Irish, the Europeans, etc.)
again who to do things properly, you brain damaged senile sociopath from Oz?
LOL

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID: