Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. what are cuticle clippers for?

OT. what are cuticle clippers for?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E4YM6MW

I've always thought they were for cutting off the little piece of skin
that is sometimes at the right or left end of a nail. But it fanally
occurred to me that I only have that once a year or less and even then I
think it's becauase I do bad things with my fingernail, things most
people don't do.

My mother had a pair of them and I know she never mistreated her
fingers.

So do you or your wives have one of these things; how often do you have
a use for it? Is it just for that little stub of skin at the front
corner of a nail?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 2:44:55 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
OT. what are cuticle clippers for?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E4YM6MW

I've always thought they were for cutting off the little piece of skin
that is sometimes at the right or left end of a nail. But it fanally
occurred to me that I only have that once a year or less and even then I
think it's becauase I do bad things with my fingernail, things most
people don't do.

My mother had a pair of them and I know she never mistreated her
fingers.

So do you or your wives have one of these things; how often do you have
a use for it? Is it just for that little stub of skin at the front
corner of a nail?

I beg of you: create a bookmark that points to google. Or duckduckgo.
Or make it your home page when you open your browser, or open a new
tab in your browser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLPjhOtl9SM

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote

OT. what are cuticle clippers for?

No idea
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuticle#Human_anatomy

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E4YM6MW

I've always thought they were for cutting off the little piece
of skin that is sometimes at the right or left end of a nail.

Never needed to do that. I do get some long thin bits of the
nail that come off the side of the nail, but when I mentioned
that I might be getting that a little more often to the GP,
all I got was a blank response and I didn't bother to say
any more about it. Normal nail cutters cut them off fine.

But it fanally occurred to me that I only have that once a
year or less and even then I think it's becauase I do bad
things with my fingernail, things most people don't do.

You should go to your room, boy.

My mother had a pair of them and I
know she never mistreated her fingers.

So do you or your wives have one of these things;

I do.

how often do you have a use for it?

I have used it for cutting the fingernails but not for the thumb
nails or the big toe nails. Those nails are too solid for it.

Is it just for that little stub of skin at the front corner of a nail?

Never for me, I don't get any skin there that does ever need cutting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 2 May 2021 20:19:30 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/21 2:44 AM, micky wrote:
OT. what are cuticle clippers for?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E4YM6MW

Cuticle clippers are purely cosmetic...like the Venus razor.

https://www.gillettevenus.com/en-us/pubic-care

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 2 May 2021 02:42:45 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

[...]

There was no video on the ad I saw, and it didn't occur to me that there
would be one elsewhere, even though I couldn't imagine what they were
for, other than what I said.

Wow. What a silly, maybe horrific thing to do to oneself! Pushing the
skin at the root of the nail back. Why? Is there a need for that? Does
someone want to erect an office building? A shopping center? What
benefit does 0.5 mm. of extra nail do anyone in place of the skin that
is already there?

I thought I "mistreated" my nails by not use nail trimmers regularly or
properly, but in my entire life, I've never had the need to mess with
anything but those front corners (and them rarely). All ten look
fine. And my toes too.

Am I just lucky? Are women plagued by RSGC, rampant skin growth of the
cuticle? Does it make it hard to type? To put on finger rings? I
just googled the RSGC Foundation, and it says this is mostly a problem
in 3rd world countries, but there are cases in the USA. Now I feel
guilty that I've been callous. My heart goes out to all those with
excessive cuticle formation (ECF).
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

It is just another symptom of things society has done to convince
women and some men to do in the quest for some perceived extra level
of beauty.
If a woman is engaging and personable I might not even notice if her
fingernails are painted. I am certainly not going to make any
judgement based on cuticle maintenance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

They do that for those stupid stuck on false nails, what they call
extensions.

Does someone want to erect an office building? A shopping center?
What benefit does 0.5 mm. of extra nail do anyone in place of the
skin that is already there?

It works better with stuck on nail 'extensions'

I thought I "mistreated" my nails by not use nail trimmers regularly or
properly, but in my entire life, I've never had the need to mess with
anything but those front corners (and them rarely). All ten look
fine. And my toes too.

Am I just lucky?

Nope, that's pretty common with men.

Are women plagued by RSGC, rampant skin growth of the cuticle?

It isnt rampant.

Does it make it hard to type?

Presumably.

To put on finger rings? I just googled the RSGC Foundation,
and it says this is mostly a problem in 3rd world countries,
but there are cases in the USA. Now I feel guilty that I've
been callous. My heart goes out to all those with
excessive cuticle formation (ECF).

Yeah, they definitely need their own disabled olympics.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 3 May 2021 04:04:53 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rodent Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

any7 judgement based on cuticle maintenance.

Yeah, you don't even notice when they are fat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Mon, 3 May 2021 04:15:43 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 3 May 2021 04:15:43 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

" wrote:

[...]

Bony ass women are usually high maintenance and sickly.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Mon, 3 May 2021 04:15:43 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..

" wrote:

[...]

More utterly mindless silly **** from you. Your trademark.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

"Everything" is on the internet.

What are cuticle clippers used for

Plug it into a search engine. Anybody with half a brain can do that.

Wow. What a silly, maybe horrific thing to do to oneself! Pushing the
skin at the root of the nail back. Why? Is there a need for that? Does
someone want to erect an office building? A shopping center? What
benefit does 0.5 mm. of extra nail do anyone in place of the skin that
is already there?

It's not horrific. I find that when I let my cuticles do their own thing,
it's easier for painful cracks to form in the cuticle. A little pushing, a little
trimming, and it's all good.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 03 May 2021 00:33:59 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 3 May 2021 04:15:43 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..

" wrote:

[...]

I dated a girl who didn't seem extremely thin when I looked at her, but
when I sqeezed her rear, I could feel her pelvis bone. I really
disliked that. Thinking about it almost made me sick. (Still does.)
But she had good cuticles and that made up for it.

I can tell that I have pelvic bones when I press on my side, but when I
touch/squeeze my bottom, there is no evidence of it. AFAIK even when I
was normal weight, there was no bone in there. Just nice rubbery stuff.
That's the way it should be. I don't want to know about someone's
innards.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

I think someone was pushing my brain back a half millimeter and using
cuticle clippers to trim it.

But what is the point of newsgroups if the same qustions are relegated
to the web only?

Wow. What a silly, maybe horrific thing to do to oneself! Pushing the
skin at the root of the nail back. Why? Is there a need for that? Does
someone want to erect an office building? A shopping center? What
benefit does 0.5 mm. of extra nail do anyone in place of the skin that
is already there?

It's not horrific. I find that when I let my cuticles do their own thing,
it's easier for painful cracks to form in the cuticle.

Wow. I've never had a crack there, let alone a painful crack. I guess
I am lucky.

A little pushing, a little
trimming, and it's all good.

I'm glad it works for you.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

What is the point of skipping the web and asking random personal
hygiene questions on alt.home.repair?

Why take the difficult route when the easy way is available? As you've
seen, there's precious little knowledge of cuticle clippers here.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

Including the words "personal" and "hygiene" makes it sound like a truly
personal question, maybe even an improper one, when I think it's only a
home repair question. These clippers are home-use tools just like
needle-nose pliers are. And much of what we do to maintain and repair
our bodies is the same as we do for our houses.

Why take the difficult route when the easy way is available? As you've
seen, there's precious little knowledge of cuticle clippers here.

I thought there was quite a bit.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

Personal hygiene is everything from washing your ass to moisturizing your
face. It's taking care of your body.

These clippers are home-use tools just like
needle-nose pliers are.

One doesn't repair one's house with cuticle clippers.

And much of what we do to maintain and repair
our bodies is the same as we do for our houses.
Why take the difficult route when the easy way is available? As you've
seen, there's precious little knowledge of cuticle clippers here.

I thought there was quite a bit.

Compared to where you started out, yes. But the biggest slug of
information came from me doing your googling for you.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/3/2021 11:37 AM, micky wrote:

I dated a girl who didn't seem extremely thin when I looked at her, but
when I sqeezed her rear, I could feel her pelvis bone. I really
disliked that. Thinking about it almost made me sick. (Still does.)
But she had good cuticles and that made up for it.

So, you gave her a cute tickle.

I can tell that I have pelvic bones when I press on my side, but when I
touch/squeeze my bottom, there is no evidence of it. AFAIK even when I
was normal weight, there was no bone in there. Just nice rubbery stuff.
That's the way it should be. I don't want to know about someone's
innards.

Your ass is not perfect either. It has a big crack in it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/03/2021 10:31 AM, wrote:
Why take the difficult route when the easy way is available? As you've
seen, there's precious little knowledge of cuticle clippers here.

Can you cit component leads with them? I suppose I do it backwards and
trim my toenails with micro-shears.

https://pmcsupplies.com/xuronr-9200f...ning-clip.html

In the movie 'The Last indian' he uses a die grinder. I've thought about
that but I don't know if I'm steady enough with a Dremel.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Mon, 3 May 2021 20:07:37 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Can you cit component leads with them? I suppose I do it backwards and
trim my toenails with micro-shears.

https://pmcsupplies.com/xuronr-9200f...ning-clip.html

In the movie 'The Last indian' he uses a die grinder. I've thought about
that but I don't know if I'm steady enough with a Dremel.

Oh, ****! And the endless driveling and gossiping continues...
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

They are NOT intended as a way to avoid ever having to do your own
research. You REALLY need to learn to look things up BEFORE you post. If
you can't find an answer to your question after some well thought out
searches, THEN ask you question here. It gets really tiring seeing all
the stupid inanities you post here every time anything crosses your
"mind". You might even find you can get a better answer FASTER.

"Daddy, why does the ...?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 3 May 2021 20:07:37 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/03/2021 10:31 AM, wrote:
Why take the difficult route when the easy way is available? As you've
seen, there's precious little knowledge of cuticle clippers here.

Can you cit component leads with them? I suppose I do it backwards and
trim my toenails with micro-shears.

https://pmcsupplies.com/xuronr-9200f...ning-clip.html

In the movie 'The Last indian' he uses a die grinder. I've thought about
that but I don't know if I'm steady enough with a Dremel.

If you are on Medicare and diabetic you can go to a podiatrist every 90 days
and get ones foot nails cut and smoothed; with a Dremel. You need a nice
appearance for those summer sandals.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 5 May 2021 06:09:23 -0700, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

" wrote:

[...]

Rut roh, you are gonna make him plonk you. I have been telling him this for
years so I am persona non grata.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/03/2021 10:31 AM, wrote:
Why take the difficult route when the easy way is available? As you've
seen, there's precious little knowledge of cuticle clippers here.

Can you cit component leads with them? I suppose I do it backwards and
trim my toenails with micro-shears.

https://pmcsupplies.com/xuronr-9200f...ning-clip.html

In the movie 'The Last indian' he uses a die grinder. I've thought about
that but I don't know if I'm steady enough with a Dremel.

If you are on Medicare and diabetic you can go to a podiatrist every 90 days
and get ones foot nails cut and smoothed; with a Dremel. You need a nice
appearance for those summer sandals.

While idly browsing around Amazon I was amused to see they sell nail
sanders that certainly look like little Dremels.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 5 May 2021 21:58:38 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

While idly browsing around Amazon I was amused to see they sell nail
sanders that certainly look like little Dremels.

See there's simply nothing you will not be able to gossip about in your
known slick manner. Absolutely nothing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 5 May 2021 21:58:38 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/03/2021 10:31 AM, wrote:
Why take the difficult route when the easy way is available? As you've
seen, there's precious little knowledge of cuticle clippers here.

Can you cit component leads with them? I suppose I do it backwards and
trim my toenails with micro-shears.

https://pmcsupplies.com/xuronr-9200f...ning-clip.html

In the movie 'The Last indian' he uses a die grinder. I've thought about
that but I don't know if I'm steady enough with a Dremel.

If you are on Medicare and diabetic you can go to a podiatrist every 90 days
and get ones foot nails cut and smoothed; with a Dremel. You need a nice
appearance for those summer sandals.

While idly browsing around Amazon I was amused to see they sell nail
sanders that certainly look like little Dremels.

Yup, and they also sell callus removers. They look like rotary cheese graters.
"As Seen on TV".

I've looked at my cuticles and don't know where to start. They are too small to
even begin to hack at. Maybe 1/2 mm.

Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent nails from splitting?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/07/2021 03:06 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent nails from splitting?

Jello they say, although I've never seen an improvement. (taken
internally, not sprinkled on your nail)

My thumbnail tends to split which is mildly annoying since I usually
don't use picks with the guitar or banjo. Superglue sort of works. (NOT
taken internally)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 7 May 2021 19:47:05 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

My thumbnail tends to split which is mildly annoying since

Pray, do tell us about your toenails, senile gossip!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 7 May 2021 19:47:05 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/07/2021 03:06 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent nails from splitting?

Jello they say, although I've never seen an improvement. (taken
internally, not sprinkled on your nail)

My thumbnail tends to split which is mildly annoying since I usually
don't use picks with the guitar or banjo. Superglue sort of works. (NOT
taken internally)

Thanks for the clarification I would have F'd it up.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/08/2021 02:05 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Fri, 7 May 2021 19:47:05 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/07/2021 03:06 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent nails from splitting?

Jello they say, although I've never seen an improvement. (taken
internally, not sprinkled on your nail)

My thumbnail tends to split which is mildly annoying since I usually
don't use picks with the guitar or banjo. Superglue sort of works. (NOT
taken internally)

Thanks for the clarification I would have F'd it up.

Well, I've been more cautious with grooming tips since that dindu styled
her weave with Gorilla Glue...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 May 2021 14:38:52 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Well, I've been more cautious with grooming tips since that dindu styled
her weave with Gorilla Glue...

You haven't yet told us what brand of toilet paper you are using,
lowbrowwoman. I bet it's a "cool" brand. VBG

Sharpening hair clippers Lee Nowell UK diy 21 June 23rd 20 03:05 PM
Oil for hair clippers PeterC UK diy 16 August 31st 15 01:44 PM
Sharpening Clippers Joe Riel Woodworking 14 July 31st 13 08:04 PM
manual hedge clippers? Tom[_33_] Home Repair 9 June 30th 11 07:22 PM