Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. No Driver

A couple guys must have been testing Tesla's Auto Pilot.
http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/tesla/fatal-texas-tesla-crash-714503
The car hit a tree at high speed. The driver's seat was empty.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/18/2021 9:17 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A couple guys must have been testing Tesla's Auto Pilot.
http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/tesla/fatal-texas-tesla-crash-714503
The car hit a tree at high speed. The driver's seat was empty.

Hey Dean, let me show you how great my car is. I'll sit in the back and
it will get us home. Just watch.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/18/2021 07:38 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/18/2021 9:17 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A couple guys must have been testing Tesla's Auto Pilot.
http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/tesla/fatal-texas-tesla-crash-714503
The car hit a tree at high speed. The driver's seat was empty.

Hey Dean, let me show you how great my car is. I'll sit in the back and
it will get us home. Just watch.

I've read that horses were pretty good at that, home being where the
oats were. Maybe it's time to go back to an appropriate green technology.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 21:38:11 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/18/2021 9:17 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A couple guys must have been testing Tesla's Auto Pilot.
http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/tesla/fatal-texas-tesla-crash-714503
The car hit a tree at high speed. The driver's seat was empty.

Hey Dean, let me show you how great my car is. I'll sit in the back and
it will get us home. Just watch.

That reminds me of one of the times I was riding a motorcycle through
Florida in the early 2000s. I came up alongside a fellow rider who had slid
back onto the passenger seat and was resting against his sissy bar, feet up
on his tank, ankles crossed, arms folded on his chest. We made eye contact
and waved to one another, but then I immediately put some distance between
us.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 23:26:00 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

That reminds me of one of the times I was riding a motorcycle through
Florida in the early 2000s. I came up alongside a fellow rider who had slid
back onto the passenger seat and was resting against his sissy bar, feet up
on his tank, ankles crossed, arms folded on his chest. We made eye contact
and waved to one another, but then I immediately put some distance between
us.

I don't recall the name of the movie as it was about 50 years ago.
There was a girl riding down the highway laying back like that.

I was going to suggest Easy Rider, but that's probably wrong.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 19 Apr 2021 00:27:11 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 23:26:00 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

That reminds me of one of the times I was riding a motorcycle through
Florida in the early 2000s. I came up alongside a fellow rider who had slid
back onto the passenger seat and was resting against his sissy bar, feet up
on his tank, ankles crossed, arms folded on his chest. We made eye contact
and waved to one another, but then I immediately put some distance between
us.

Smart move. I'd get out of there too. (Mini-story. Once I thought
someone was driving erratically, just a little bit. At the next light,
he hit the guy in front of him. Just a little bit, but he hit him.)

I don't recall the name of the movie as it was about 50 years ago.
There was a girl riding down the highway laying back like that.

I was going to suggest Easy Rider, but that's probably wrong.

Jim's post reminded me of Easy Rider too, but for a different reason.

I left my car in San Antonio, Texas and hitchhiked to to Costa Rica to
see a friend, and then on to Panama. I thought I would fly back to
Miami and hitchhike back to Texas from there.

But I had just seen Easy Rider and I was too scared to do it, even
though I'd been hitching for months with no trouble. (This was 1971.)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 9:17:18 PM UTC-4, wrote:
A couple guys must have been testing Tesla's Auto Pilot.
http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/tesla/fatal-texas-tesla-crash-714503
The car hit a tree at high speed. The driver's seat was empty.

There was a local incident here that surprised me. A woman and her young
daughter were startled in the parking lot of a small high-end grocery store
when a Tesla came very close to them. There was no driver nor anyone
visible. Looks like someone about to leave the store summoned the car
to pick them up. I knew that was possible, I knew that they had been testing
driverless cars in some cities, but I thought so far they always had a person
in the car. I had no idea that with a production Tesla you could do this.
I would have been totally surprised if I saw it happen to me. And a car
owner, I for sure would not have done this unless I could watch what the
car was doing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 05:16:32 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

That just sounds ridiculous. It means I could steal a Tesla and have
it dropped off at the fence from the comfort of my LaZboy, never
actually seeing the car, by hacking the software.

I am really surprised the autopilot even works without the weight of
the driver in the driver's seat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/19/2021 9:42 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I have not kept up with the autodrive cars, but thought that someone was
suppose to be behind the wheel. I was in a friends car with the
distance following radar and lane keeping. While the car would do that
while riding down the interstate I thought he said he still had to have
his hands on the stering wheel.

In my car you have to put your hand on the steering wheel or everything
cancels. This is an example of capabilities when you over ride that
function though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbjd...nel=TestDriven
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/19/21 8:16 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Tesla does have a "feature" called "Summon". You use a smartphone to
command the car to come to where you are standing.

Video here about how well (or not!) it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o2sI37xwOc
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 10:27:12 AM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

And yet another way for us to get fatter. Maybe people can use that feature
after a workout at the gym.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 19 Apr 2021 11:27:01 -0400,
wrote:

[...]

Putting the warning, that "You are still responsible...", putting it in
red is a really good idea, because that way the car owner knows that
it's true. States like Texas wanted the warning to be printed in blue,
or even regular-size-font black, but that pinko commie state California
insisted the warning be in red, because they want to make sure everyone
obeys it. If this doesn't work, in next years owners manual, the
warning will be in italics too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 19 Apr 2021 08:37:58 -0700 (PDT), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

[...]

LOL. Well there was that one guy chasing his car. Maybe at training
camp, you could have your car take you out for a 3-mile run every
morning.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Odd that no one has reported their Tesla stolen that way.

And even you should realise that they would be able
to track where it went and where it is right now.

I am really surprised the autopilot even works without
the weight of the driver in the driver's seat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Obnoxious Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 06:12:39 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Website (from 2007) dedicated to the 86-year-old trolling senile
cretin from Oz:
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

He wasn't chasing his own car, that was someone else
who decided that someone else had got out of their
car and it had driven off.

Maybe at training camp, you could have your
car take you out for a 3-mile run every morning.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 06:48:17 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 06:12:39 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

They are new. Hackers have already cracked other on board computers.

And even you should realise that they would be able
to track where it went and where it is right now.

Until it get's somewhere that a person knows what fuse to pull.
They have trackers on boats all over down here and the trackers
suddenly stop transmitting a few minutes after they are taken, then
the boat is on it's way to Mexico or the Bahamas where folks are not
as particular about serial numbers and HINs.

I bet a Tesla is pretty much a liquid asset in Russia or China.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/19/2021 09:27 AM, wrote:
Tesla does have a "feature" called "Summon". You use a smartphone to
command the car to come to where you are standing.

I could have used one of those years ago. Nothing like parking a rental
in a 5 story parking garage and forgetting what level it was on and what
the damn thing looked like.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 18:55:07 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 04/19/2021 09:27 AM, wrote:
Tesla does have a "feature" called "Summon". You use a smartphone to
command the car to come to where you are standing.

I could have used one of those years ago. Nothing like parking a rental
in a 5 story parking garage and forgetting what level it was on and what
the damn thing looked like.

Been there, done that and it was just a hotel parking lot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

And even you should realise that they would be able
to track where it went and where it is right now.

Until it get's somewhere that a person knows what fuse to pull.

Or Tesla has enough of a clue to not have a pullable fuse for that.

Cut the antenna lead

There is no antenna. There isnt with a cellphone either.

Tesla says it is a cellular connection on their web site but I guess
you know more than them. They also do not say it will stop the car.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

And even you should realise that they would be able
to track where it went and where it is right now.

Until it get's somewhere that a person knows what fuse to pull.

Or Tesla has enough of a clue to not have a pullable fuse for that.

Cut the antenna lead

There is no antenna. There isnt with a cellphone either.

Tesla says it is a cellular connection on their web site

I meant there is no antenna with most cellphones, ****wit.

There isnt with the Tesla cellphone either.

but I guess you know more than them.

Just able to comprehend basic english, unlike you.

They also do not say it will stop the car.

I never said it would, ****wit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 15:23:11 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the useless trolling senile asshole's latest troll**** unread

--
Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 18:55:07 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I could have used one of those years ago. Nothing like parking a rental
in a 5 story parking garage and forgetting what level it was on and what
the damn thing looked like.

What you ALWAYS could use is a real tight muzzle that stops you from
gossiping endlessly!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/20/21 1:23 AM, Rod Speed wrote:
I meant there is no antenna with most cellphones, ****wit.

There isnt with the Tesla cellphone either.

Cellphones have their antennas hidden in the case, ****wit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

bozo wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote

Cut the antenna lead

There is no antenna. There isnt with a cellphone either.

Tesla says it is a cellular connection on their web site

I meant there is no antenna with most cellphones, ****wit.

There isnt with the Tesla cellphone either.

Cellphones have their antennas hidden in the case

Where there is no antenna lead to cut, ****wit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 20:56:38 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I meant there is no antenna with most cellphones, ****wit.

There isnt with the Tesla cellphone either.

Cellphones have their antennas hidden in the case

Where there is no antenna lead to cut, ****wit.

LOL!!! You are such an incredibly stupid trolling asshole, senile Rodent!

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 18:55:07 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 04/19/2021 09:27 AM, wrote:
Tesla does have a "feature" called "Summon". You use a smartphone to
command the car to come to where you are standing.

I could have used one of those years ago. Nothing like parking a rental
in a 5 story parking garage and forgetting what level it was on and what
the damn thing looked like.

I have done that. One of the things that I still remember to do is note floor
number now and references on the floor. I one walked out of a mall and was
convinced my car was stolen. It was the wrong entrance. I walked around in the
store and remembered where I came in. What a ****storm.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 06:51:00 -0400, bozo posted for all of us to digest...

On 4/20/21 1:23 AM, Rod Speed wrote:
I meant there is no antenna with most cellphones, ****wit.

There isnt with the Tesla cellphone either.

Cellphones have their antennas hidden in the case, ****wit.

For maximum brain absorption of signal.

--
Tekkie