Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT. No Driver

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 19 Apr 2021 00:27:11 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 23:26:00 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

That reminds me of one of the times I was riding a motorcycle through
Florida in the early 2000s. I came up alongside a fellow rider who had slid
back onto the passenger seat and was resting against his sissy bar, feet up
on his tank, ankles crossed, arms folded on his chest. We made eye contact
and waved to one another, but then I immediately put some distance between
us.

Smart move. I'd get out of there too. (Mini-story. Once I thought
someone was driving erratically, just a little bit. At the next light,
he hit the guy in front of him. Just a little bit, but he hit him.)

I don't recall the name of the movie as it was about 50 years ago.
There was a girl riding down the highway laying back like that.

I was going to suggest Easy Rider, but that's probably wrong.

Jim's post reminded me of Easy Rider too, but for a different reason.

I left my car in San Antonio, Texas and hitchhiked to to Costa Rica to
see a friend, and then on to Panama. I thought I would fly back to
Miami and hitchhike back to Texas from there.

But I had just seen Easy Rider and I was too scared to do it, even
though I'd been hitching for months with no trouble. (This was 1971.)