Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to remove the tiled barh panel safely

My tiled bath tub panel seems hard to be removed. I could take off all 4 screws and cut throug the silicone and grout but it looks like the woodboard under the tiles also glued on the back. Please help.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...y-3110918-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 19:15:02 +0000, Parklover posted for all of us to digest...

My tiled bath tub panel seems hard to be removed. I could take off all 4 screws and cut throug the silicone and grout but it looks like the woodboard under the tiles also glued on the back. Please help.

From your description it suggests that you will just have to bite the bullet
and remove the layers until you obtain a sound surface.

I am sure other posters will have ideas. *This is a recent post*

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 4:21:28 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 19:15:02 +0000, Parklover posted for all of us to digest...

My tiled bath tub panel seems hard to be removed. I could take off all 4 screws and cut throug the silicone and grout but it looks like the woodboard under the tiles also glued on the back. Please help.

From your description it suggests that you will just have to bite the bullet
and remove the layers until you obtain a sound surface.

I am sure other posters will have ideas. *This is a recent post*

--
Tekkie

Agree with tekkie. Rip away. Use chisels and putty knifes with hammer. It will come off.
For complete renovation use hammer and smash the **** out of it until down to studs and redo.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the reply

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...y-3110918-.htm

Too remove or not remove rubbery floor glue? Tim S UK diy 5 March 22nd 09 10:01 PM
how to safely remove a fitted gas oven ? dave @ stejonda UK diy 9 August 17th 07 12:41 PM
Old tile - To remove or not to remove... rb608 Home Repair 3 July 12th 06 04:06 AM
Bath panel - tiled do I need access? Vass UK diy 19 January 25th 06 07:41 PM
Removable tiled panel in bathroom Mr Fizzion UK diy 8 August 6th 05 09:52 AM