Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas Thomas is offline

Default How to remove the tiled barh panel safely

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 4:21:28 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 19:15:02 +0000, Parklover posted for all of us to digest...

My tiled bath tub panel seems hard to be removed. I could take off all 4 screws and cut throug the silicone and grout but it looks like the woodboard under the tiles also glued on the back. Please help.

From your description it suggests that you will just have to bite the bullet
and remove the layers until you obtain a sound surface.

I am sure other posters will have ideas. *This is a recent post*

--
Tekkie

Agree with tekkie. Rip away. Use chisels and putty knifes with hammer. It will come off.
For complete renovation use hammer and smash the **** out of it until down to studs and redo.