Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Al Jazeera to launch rightwing media targeting US conservatives

Al Jazeera to launch rightwing media platform targeting US conservatives
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...atives-rightly

So, will conservatives accept the news and opinion from an Arab network?
I thought they didn't like furiners at all, let alone Arabs.

But I think Al Jazeera accurately perceives a group of people without a
compass, so it might be successful.

Do Americans in general want a foreign news source to be a player in
America? I get annoyed merely when I listen to NPR between midnight and
5AM and all I hear is the BBC, a broadcast centered on the USA. It's
like the Voice of America, except we didn't and don't target the UK with
that. It was meant to be broadcast to Europe during WWII and then to
behind the iron and bamboo curtains.** But I suspect the BBC makes
being the British BC more prominent than AJ will make its origin. After
all, in other countries, Al Jazeera on TV is called Al Jazeera. Here it
will be called "Rightly".

Al Jazeera Is Launching A Right-Leaning News Outlet Called Rightly
https://www.npr.org/2021/02/23/97066...called-rightly

Will Conservatives Turned Off By Fox News Find A Home At Al Jazeera?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoy...h=e0f184c3e38d

Al Jazeera launches right-wing media platform aimed at American
conservatives
https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...ative-platform

Will they accept Arab guidance as long as it includes a healthy dose of
conservative red meat? Because assuredly, Al Jazeera has done market
research and together the staff is as smart as I am and they know how to
appeal to the trump cult. But don't kid yourself, there will be other
things mixed in, in addition to conservativism and trumpism, like little
almond pieces in an Al Jazeera Hershey bar. Arab or Moslem almond
pieces. Even if AJ's goal isn't to be an Arab, Moslem influence
(although that is also the goal) but just because that's how they grew
up and how they think. That set of things are the major things they
believe.

Just like when an American goes to far parts of the world he takes
American values with him, and often disregards parts of other cultures
that conflict with Americanism. So too will AJ bring Arab, Moslem,
foreign culture, all aspects, (political, social, prejudicial, etc.,
even gastronomic (but the last I don't object to), will bring it here.

**By the way, trump has tried to ruin the VOA too. Google it. There was
nothing good about America that trump hasn't tried to ruin.
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote

Al Jazeera to launch rightwing media platform targeting US conservatives
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...atives-rightly

Strange operation.

So, will conservatives accept the news and opinion from an Arab network?

Unlikely imo.

I thought they didn't like furiners at all, let alone Arabs.

Some do like nazis.

But I think Al Jazeera accurately perceives a group of
people without a compass, so it might be successful.

I'd be surprised if it is.

Do Americans in general want a foreign
news source to be a player in America?

That's very arguable. Murdoch is after all an australian,
even tho in a legal sense he is an american now.

I get annoyed merely when I listen to NPR between midnight
and 5AM and all I hear is the BBC, a broadcast centered on
the USA. It's like the Voice of America, except we didn't
and don't target the UK with that.

But other US news media does.

It was meant to be broadcast to Europe during WWII
and then to behind the iron and bamboo curtains.**
But I suspect the BBC makes being the British BC
more prominent than AJ will make its origin.

Yeah, Al Jazeera has always been a very unusual operation.

After all, in other countries, Al Jazeera on TV is called Al Jazeera.

Its actually called Al Jazeera English.

Here it will be called "Rightly".

Al Jazeera Is Launching A Right-Leaning News Outlet Called Rightly
https://www.npr.org/2021/02/23/97066...called-rightly

Will Conservatives Turned Off By Fox News Find A Home At Al Jazeera?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoy...h=e0f184c3e38d

Al Jazeera launches right-wing media platform
aimed at American conservatives
https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...ative-platform

Will they accept Arab guidance

That's not what Al Jazeera is about, its about news, not guidance.

as long as it includes a healthy dose of conservative red meat?
Because assuredly, Al Jazeera has done market research and
together the staff is as smart as I am and they know how to
appeal to the trump cult. But don't kid yourself, there will
be other things mixed in, in addition to conservativism and
trumpism, like little almond pieces in an Al Jazeera Hershey
bar. Arab or Moslem almond pieces.

Al Jazeera doesn't work like that.

Even if AJ's goal isn't to be an Arab, Moslem influence

It never has been.

(although that is also the goal)

Nope. They see themselves as another
world news service, like the BBC etc.

but just because that's how they grew
up and how they think. That set of things
are the major things they believe.

They actually employ a lot of non arabs.

Just like when an American goes to far parts of the world he takes
American values with him, and often disregards parts of other cultures
that conflict with Americanism. So too will AJ bring Arab, Moslem,
foreign culture, all aspects, (political, social, prejudicial, etc.,
even gastronomic (but the last I don't object to), will bring it here.

Al Jazeera doesn't work like that.

**By the way, trump has tried to ruin the VOA too. Google it. There
was nothing good about America that trump hasn't tried to ruin.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 09:43:04 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 02 Mar 2021 17:11:43 -0500, micky
wrote:

Al Jazeera to launch rightwing media platform targeting US conservatives
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...atives-rightly

Al Jazeera is the Qatar government news agency. They are having
problems with the Saudis.
I am not sure how that figures in their strategy, I am not really
paying attention but I am sure it is a well thought out decision.
Maybe Trump has something going on in Qatar. ;-)
insert conspiracy theory here

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Al Jazeera to launch rightwing media platform targeting US conservatives
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...atives-rightly

Al Jazeera is the Qatar government news agency.

Nope
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera

They are having problems with the Saudis.
I am not sure how that figures in their strategy,
I am not really paying attention

As always.

but I am sure it is a well thought out decision.

More fool you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 5:11:50 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
I get annoyed merely when I listen to NPR between midnight and
5AM and all I hear is the BBC, a broadcast centered on the USA.

If it annoys you, don't listen.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/3/21 4:59 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 5:11:50 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
I get annoyed merely when I listen to NPR between midnight and
5AM and all I hear is the BBC, a broadcast centered on the USA.

If it annoys you, don't listen.

Cindy Hamilton

I get annoyed merely when I listen to CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS and NPR 24/7/365 and all I hear are propagandist lies aimed at President Trump.

And yes, it annoys me so I don't listen to any of it.

If you think you can handle the truth try OAN's Weekly Briefing with Christina Bobb.

https://www.oann.com/tag/christina-bobb/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 6:33:21 AM UTC-5, jimmy wrote:
On 3/3/21 4:59 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 5:11:50 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
I get annoyed merely when I listen to NPR between midnight and
5AM and all I hear is the BBC, a broadcast centered on the USA.

If it annoys you, don't listen.

Cindy Hamilton

I get annoyed merely when I listen to CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS and NPR 24/7/365 and all I hear are propagandist lies aimed at President Trump.

And yes, it annoys me so I don't listen to any of it.

If you think you can handle the truth try OAN's Weekly Briefing with Christina Bobb.

https://www.oann.com/tag/christina-bobb/

Thank you for the suggestion, but I think I'll stick with Real Clear Politics and National Review.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/3/21 4:59 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 5:11:50 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
I get annoyed merely when I listen to NPR between midnight and
5AM and all I hear is the BBC, a broadcast centered on the USA.
If it annoys you, don't listen.

Cindy Hamilton

I get annoyed merely when I listen to CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS and NPR 24/7/365 and all I hear are propagandist lies aimed at President Trump.

And yes, it annoys me so I don't listen to any of it.

If you think you can handle the truth try OAN's Weekly Briefing with Christina Bobb.

https://www.oann.com/tag/christina-bobb/

Thank you for the suggestion, but I think I'll stick with Real Clear Politics and National Review.

I do like the way RCP tends to alternate left and right stories on the
same topic.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 07:46:05 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Thank you for the suggestion, but I think I'll stick with Real Clear Politics and National Review.

I do like the way RCP tends to alternate left and right stories on the
same topic.

I like the way you keep revealing, time and again, but somewhat
involuntarily, what a devoted trumptard you are, lowbrowwoman. BG

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Al Jazeera to launch rightwing media platform targeting US conservatives
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...atives-rightly

Al Jazeera is the Qatar government news agency. They are having
problems with the Saudis.
I am not sure how that figures in their strategy, I am not really
paying attention but I am sure it is a well thought out decision.
Maybe Trump has something going on in Qatar. ;-)
insert conspiracy theory here

What's old is new again. Al Jazeera had a cable/satellite news network for
a few years, but they folded due to low ratings at the time. I guess they
think it's a good time to give it another try.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera_America
Al Jazeera America (AJAM) was an American pay television news channel owned
by the Al Jazeera Media Network. The channel was launched on August 20,
2013. to compete with CNN, HLN, MSNBC, Fox News, and in certain markets RT
America. It was Al Jazeera's second entry into the U.S. television market,
after the launch of beIN Sports in 2012. The channel, which had
persistently low ratings, announced in January 2016 that it would close on
April 12, 2016,[1] citing the "economic landscape".[2]

Not to be confused with Al Jazeera English, an international news channel
not headquartered here in the US.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 3 Mar 2021 01:59:45 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 5:11:50 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
I get annoyed merely when I listen to NPR between midnight and
5AM and all I hear is the BBC, a broadcast centered on the USA.

If it annoys you, don't listen.

I usually don't.

I bought an Echo Plus (with Alexa) for those hours, but the sound is
terrible, it seems.

And I started listening to CNN and CNN-International (both audio only)
but they give the same ads over and over all day long for months. And
there are hudreds of famous singers, but they give the same mini-bio for
20 of them over and over and over. So I've almost given up on that.

Tonight I listened to a couple hours of KALW San Francisco, *local*
public radio, so it had different stuff from NPR. It was good, but now
they're playing music. I found that music is hard to go to sleep to,
because theyr'e soft for a while and then loud.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/3/21 4:59 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 5:11:50 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
I get annoyed merely when I listen to NPR between midnight and
5AM and all I hear is the BBC, a broadcast centered on the USA.
If it annoys you, don't listen.

Cindy Hamilton

I get annoyed merely when I listen to CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS and NPR 24/7/365 and all I hear are propagandist lies aimed at President Trump.

And yes, it annoys me so I don't listen to any of it.

If you think you can handle the truth try OAN's Weekly Briefing with Christina Bobb.

ROTLOL WTIME.

https://www.oann.com/tag/christina-bobb/

Thank you for the suggestion, but I think I'll stick with Real Clear Politics and National Review.

From my pov, it's a shame they don't have radio.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/3/21 4:59 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 5:11:50 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
I get annoyed merely when I listen to NPR between midnight and
5AM and all I hear is the BBC, a broadcast centered on the USA.
If it annoys you, don't listen.

Cindy Hamilton
I get annoyed merely when I listen to CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS and NPR 24/7/365 and all I hear are propagandist lies aimed at President Trump.

And yes, it annoys me so I don't listen to any of it.

If you think you can handle the truth try OAN's Weekly Briefing with Christina Bobb.

ROTLOL WTIME.

https://www.oann.com/tag/christina-bobb/

Thank you for the suggestion, but I think I'll stick with Real Clear Politics and National Review.

From my pov, it's a shame they don't have radio.

Are you illiterate? Perhaps you should listen to music and
read the news.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/3/21 4:59 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 5:11:50 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
I get annoyed merely when I listen to NPR between midnight and
5AM and all I hear is the BBC, a broadcast centered on the USA.
If it annoys you, don't listen.

Cindy Hamilton
I get annoyed merely when I listen to CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS and NPR 24/7/365 and all I hear are propagandist lies aimed at President Trump.

And yes, it annoys me so I don't listen to any of it.

If you think you can handle the truth try OAN's Weekly Briefing with Christina Bobb.

ROTLOL WTIME.

https://www.oann.com/tag/christina-bobb/

Thank you for the suggestion, but I think I'll stick with Real Clear Politics and National Review.

From my pov, it's a shame they don't have radio.

Are you illiterate? Perhaps you should listen to music and
read the news.

I can't do this when I'm trying to fall asleep. That's where my big
need is. (NPR broadcasts the BBC at from 12 to 5AM.)

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/4/21 9:13 AM, micky wrote:
I can't do this when I'm trying to fall asleep. That's where my big
need is. (NPR broadcasts the BBC at from 12 to 5AM.)

Audible audio books are a nice choice and have consistent volume across their library.
However, now that the leftist Amazon has made it clear they don't like conservatives, I've been looking for a replacement.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/3/21 4:59 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 5:11:50 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
I get annoyed merely when I listen to NPR between midnight and
5AM and all I hear is the BBC, a broadcast centered on the USA.
If it annoys you, don't listen.

Cindy Hamilton
I get annoyed merely when I listen to CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS and NPR 24/7/365 and all I hear are propagandist lies aimed at President Trump.

And yes, it annoys me so I don't listen to any of it.

If you think you can handle the truth try OAN's Weekly Briefing with Christina Bobb.
ROTLOL WTIME.

https://www.oann.com/tag/christina-bobb/

Thank you for the suggestion, but I think I'll stick with Real Clear Politics and National Review.
From my pov, it's a shame they don't have radio.

Are you illiterate? Perhaps you should listen to music and
read the news.

I can't do this when I'm trying to fall asleep. That's where my big
need is. (NPR broadcasts the BBC at from 12 to 5AM.)

Cindy Hamilton

Ah. I generally fall asleep to the soft whir of the HVAC system.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/3/21 4:59 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 5:11:50 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
I get annoyed merely when I listen to NPR between midnight and
5AM and all I hear is the BBC, a broadcast centered on the USA.
If it annoys you, don't listen.

Cindy Hamilton
I get annoyed merely when I listen to CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS and NPR 24/7/365 and all I hear are propagandist lies aimed at President Trump.

And yes, it annoys me so I don't listen to any of it.

If you think you can handle the truth try OAN's Weekly Briefing with Christina Bobb.
ROTLOL WTIME.

https://www.oann.com/tag/christina-bobb/

Thank you for the suggestion, but I think I'll stick with Real Clear Politics and National Review.
From my pov, it's a shame they don't have radio.

Are you illiterate? Perhaps you should listen to music and
read the news.

I can't do this when I'm trying to fall asleep. That's where my big
need is. (NPR broadcasts the BBC at from 12 to 5AM.)

Cindy Hamilton

Ah. I generally fall asleep to the soft whir of the HVAC system.

A couple years after I moved in, I checked out the fan on my hvac. It
had 3 possible connections and was set at the slowest speed, but I still
removed the fan and reconnected it twice, just in case it was
mislabeled, and then I had to remove it one more time and set it back to
the original speed. Either I've gotten used to it or my hearing has
failed enough it doesn't bother me anymore.

(My hearing seems to have gotten worse, but that could just be because
people wear masks. Decades ago I realized I watch people's mouths when
they speak becuase it helped me understand them and now I can't do that.
Even on tv, even when the sound is a little garbled by repeated copying,
or the volume is low, I rewind and watch the speaker's mouth. I don't
consciously connect what I see to words**, but I think subconsciously it
helps.)

**Like the word Why would look like a fish opening its mouth. I don't
notice something like that.

Cindy Hamilton