Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default OT Al Jazeera to launch rightwing media targeting US conservatives

On Wed, 03 Mar 2021 01:43:50 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 02 Mar 2021 17:11:43 -0500, micky
wrote:

Al Jazeera to launch rightwing media platform targeting US conservatives
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...atives-rightly

Al Jazeera is the Qatar government news agency. They are having
problems with the Saudis.
I am not sure how that figures in their strategy, I am not really
paying attention but I am sure it is a well thought out decision.
Maybe Trump has something going on in Qatar. ;-)
insert conspiracy theory here

What's old is new again. Al Jazeera had a cable/satellite news network for
a few years, but they folded due to low ratings at the time. I guess they
think it's a good time to give it another try.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera_America
Al Jazeera America (AJAM) was an American pay television news channel owned
by the Al Jazeera Media Network. The channel was launched on August 20,
2013. to compete with CNN, HLN, MSNBC, Fox News, and in certain markets RT
America. It was Al Jazeera's second entry into the U.S. television market,
after the launch of beIN Sports in 2012. The channel, which had
persistently low ratings, announced in January 2016 that it would close on
April 12, 2016,[1] citing the "economic landscape".[2]

Not to be confused with Al Jazeera English, an international news channel
not headquartered here in the US.