Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Al Jazeera to launch rightwing media targeting US conservatives

micky wrote

Al Jazeera to launch rightwing media platform targeting US conservatives
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...atives-rightly

Strange operation.

So, will conservatives accept the news and opinion from an Arab network?

Unlikely imo.

I thought they didn't like furiners at all, let alone Arabs.

Some do like nazis.

But I think Al Jazeera accurately perceives a group of
people without a compass, so it might be successful.

I'd be surprised if it is.

Do Americans in general want a foreign
news source to be a player in America?

That's very arguable. Murdoch is after all an australian,
even tho in a legal sense he is an american now.

I get annoyed merely when I listen to NPR between midnight
and 5AM and all I hear is the BBC, a broadcast centered on
the USA. It's like the Voice of America, except we didn't
and don't target the UK with that.

But other US news media does.

It was meant to be broadcast to Europe during WWII
and then to behind the iron and bamboo curtains.**
But I suspect the BBC makes being the British BC
more prominent than AJ will make its origin.

Yeah, Al Jazeera has always been a very unusual operation.

After all, in other countries, Al Jazeera on TV is called Al Jazeera.

Its actually called Al Jazeera English.

Here it will be called "Rightly".

Al Jazeera Is Launching A Right-Leaning News Outlet Called Rightly
https://www.npr.org/2021/02/23/97066...called-rightly

Will Conservatives Turned Off By Fox News Find A Home At Al Jazeera?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoy...h=e0f184c3e38d

Al Jazeera launches right-wing media platform
aimed at American conservatives
https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...ative-platform

Will they accept Arab guidance

That's not what Al Jazeera is about, its about news, not guidance.

as long as it includes a healthy dose of conservative red meat?
Because assuredly, Al Jazeera has done market research and
together the staff is as smart as I am and they know how to
appeal to the trump cult. But don't kid yourself, there will
be other things mixed in, in addition to conservativism and
trumpism, like little almond pieces in an Al Jazeera Hershey
bar. Arab or Moslem almond pieces.

Al Jazeera doesn't work like that.

Even if AJ's goal isn't to be an Arab, Moslem influence

It never has been.

(although that is also the goal)

Nope. They see themselves as another
world news service, like the BBC etc.

but just because that's how they grew
up and how they think. That set of things
are the major things they believe.

They actually employ a lot of non arabs.

Just like when an American goes to far parts of the world he takes
American values with him, and often disregards parts of other cultures
that conflict with Americanism. So too will AJ bring Arab, Moslem,
foreign culture, all aspects, (political, social, prejudicial, etc.,
even gastronomic (but the last I don't object to), will bring it here.

Al Jazeera doesn't work like that.

**By the way, trump has tried to ruin the VOA too. Google it. There
was nothing good about America that trump hasn't tried to ruin.