Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Free speech, greene, and parler.

McCarthy says Greene has denounced her [stupid] views to him and others.

IOW, only in private before a few people, and AIUI, only related to the
the Pa. grammar school murders and the Florida high school murders. Not
wrt to all the other stupid things she has said, about killing Nancy
Pelosi or all the others.

What good does it do to say such things in private?

Some repubs try to make it sound important because she said these things
before she was elected. Do the married and divorced Repub. members of
Congress thing that what they said when they got married before entering
Congress no longer applies? Or what they said when they got divorced?

Until people say otherwise, their prior words still belong to them.
Republicans know that but they look for any excuse.

And some, even on NPR, keep referring to "apology" as if that is as
important as retraction and denial.

Parler's CEO was forced out because of a disagreement about free speech.
He was for it without restraint, but Rebecca Mercer, a major donor, and
others thought there should be some moderation. He says he presented
his position to them and they were silent, so he took that to mean he
shoudl resign.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 6:10:12 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
[...]

It's the new big tent policy of the Republican Party. Qanon, Proud Boys, KKK,
white supremacists, David Duke, all are welcome, as long as they vote for the cult.
I saw former Senator Danforth on TV last night. He's one of the few Republicans
of any significance that admits that the GOP has badly lost it's way, lost what it
stands for, lost it's principles and values. He says it's essentially become an
angry, populist bunch, focused on grievances, not on a positive message for
the future. And we all know the guy who achieved that over the last 5 years.
Republicans had the WH, Senate and House 4 years ago. Now they have lost
it all and still haven't accepted why. Looks to me like they are toast, that
Democrats will rule for a long time, unless Uncle Joe and Pelosi really screw
up or the economy goes into the toilet. They may rule until the debt crisis
finally hits at some point that grows closer each day and then we are all screwed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 4 Feb 2021 06:45:28 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 6:10:12 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
McCarthy says Greene has denounced her [stupid] views to him and others.

IOW, only in private before a few people, and AIUI, only related to the
the Pa. grammar school murders and the Florida high school murders.

I withdraw this part. I was thinking of one interview she gave, not
widely played afaik, where she said, in public to the extent people
heard the interview, that the Sandy Hook and Parkland shootings were
real**, they were terrible, and we should work to end such things. So
IMO she ended by making a self-promoting "speech" about how she is
against killing children and we should work to end such things.

**Wait! She'd never said they weren't really killed. She said they
were false flags. That it was done by anti-gun people to generate
support for anti-gun legislation. So this wasn't a retraction at all.
It was a restatement of the acceptable part while not commenting on the
stupid part.

I tried but didn't find the interview referred to at the top. If she
wants to undo even a part of the harmful things she has said, SHE should
make sure people see other things she says. One little interview, even
if it were partly adequate and this one might not show anything good,
one interview that few people see doesn't do much good

I wish I had more time to listen or read all this stuff, and I wish I
could remember all the details without getting mixed up sometimes.

[...]

I wonder how many of them even consider that they might be losing more
votes than they gain. Especially with young people who don't yet have
a habit or emotional commitment to Republicans. "Children are our
future."

I saw former Senator Danforth on TV last night. He's one of the few Republicans
of any significance that admits that the GOP has badly lost it's way, lost what it
stands for, lost it's principles and values. He says it's essentially become an
angry, populist bunch, focused on grievances, not on a positive message for
the future. And we all know the guy who achieved that over the last 5 years.
Republicans had the WH, Senate and House 4 years ago. Now they have lost
it all and still haven't accepted why. Looks to me like they are toast, that
Democrats will rule for a long time, unless Uncle Joe and Pelosi really screw
up or the economy goes into the toilet. They may rule until the debt crisis
finally hits at some point that grows closer each day and then we are all screwed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 04 Feb 2021 06:10:03 -0500, micky
wrote:

McCarthy says Greene has denounced her [stupid] views to him and others.

IOW, only in private before a few people, and AIUI, only related to the
the Pa. grammar school murders and the Florida high school murders. Not
wrt to all the other stupid things she has said, about killing Nancy
Pelosi or all the others.

What good does it do to say such things in private?

She still needs to placate the rednecks in NW Georgia who she
represents and that is "Deliverance" country.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It is just the result of Nixon scooping up all of those southern
democrats in the 60s. Trump whipped them up and now it is going to
take a while for them to settle back down. Maybe Bill Gates shouldn't
have sold them computers ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 06:45:28 -0800 (PST), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

It's the new big tent policy of the Republican Party. Qanon, Proud Boys, KKK,

Excuse me; the KKK were Dems as were many other of these groups were at that
time. I really don't know the political views of the other groups you mention.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 6:23:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 06:45:28 -0800 (PST), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

It's the new big tent policy of the Republican Party. Qanon, Proud Boys, KKK,

Excuse me; the KKK were Dems as were many other of these groups were at that
time. I really don't know the political views of the other groups you mention.

Disingenuous. The KKK were Democrats up until the 1960s. They're Republicans
now.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 5 Feb 2021 01:56:24 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 6:23:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 06:45:28 -0800 (PST), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

It's the new big tent policy of the Republican Party. Qanon, Proud Boys, KKK,

Excuse me; the KKK were Dems as were many other of these groups were at that
time. I really don't know the political views of the other groups you mention.

Disingenuous. The KKK were Democrats up until the 1960s. They're Republicans
now.

Exactly.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 18:23:23 -0500, Tekkie© posted for all of us to digest...

On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 06:45:28 -0800 (PST), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

It's the new big tent policy of the Republican Party. Qanon, Proud Boys, KKK,

Excuse me; the KKK were Dems as were many other of these groups were at that
time. I really don't know the political views of the other groups you mention.

I was reminded you had Cohen in your post. Well, Cohen is GOOD friend of Brian
Stelter of CNN, whom has often bragged about making or breaking the president.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 04 Feb 2021 22:17:05 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

GF wasn't saying anything about Gates and Pfizer, only that if the
trumpies and maybe their predeessors didn't have computers they wouldn't
have become so batty. I was thinking if we could find where the
internet cables cross from Virginia to N. Carolina, and we cut them all,
they would settle down sooner.

This post speaks volumes about you Micky. Just because a group doesn't agree
with you then you must do something to the group. In this case *silence and
settle them down sooner* them. You have firmly entrenched yourself into the
left wing and I have lost much respect for you.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 01:56:24 -0800 (PST), posted for all
of us to digest...

Disingenuous. The KKK were Democrats up until the 1960s. They're Republicans
now.

Cindy Hamilton

Says who? You were also silent when traitor made the misstatement about the KKK
in an earlier post. The only KKK guy I've seen was Virgina Gov Northam a Demo.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 20:40:41 -0500, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 2/4/2021 6:28 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Thu, 04 Feb 2021 14:27:26 -0500, posted for all of us to
digest...

It is just the result of Nixon scooping up all of those southern
democrats in the 60s. Trump whipped them up and now it is going to
take a while for them to settle back down. Maybe Bill Gates shouldn't
have sold them computers ;-)

You know Bill Gates made a major investment in Pfizer at the start of the
crisis? Good call or inside knowledge?

Smart enough to know they would not lose. He was paying attention more
than the government.

He had a deservedly poor reputation for some of his business dealing but
he has been using his money now to do good in the world.

I don't agree with much of BG's liberal views but it's his money. He's another
one I put in the: Good for Thee, but not for me class. Just because he thinks
it's a good idea doesn't mean he has to impose it upon me or the rest of us.

--
Tekkie

Exactly what are these liberal views of Bill Gates that you object to? I haven't
seen him really involved in politics, backing any candidates, etc so I really
am curious what he's been up to that you have such issues with.
I have seen Gates doing a tremendous amount
of charity work, giving $45 bil away. How much and what percent of his net
worth has Trump given to charity? You;ll probably say he gave his $400K
salary to charity. So that's $1.6 mil from a shyster that claims to be worth $8 bil.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 01:56:24 -0800 (PST), posted for all
of us to digest...

Disingenuous. The KKK were Democrats up until the 1960s. They're Republicans
now.

Cindy Hamilton

Says who? You were also silent when traitor made the misstatement about the KKK
in an earlier post. The only KKK guy I've seen was Virgina Gov Northam a Demo.

--
Tekkie

What alleged misstatement would that be? I was Republican up until two years ago.
I watched what happened in disgust. Trump played footsies with white supremacists
and the KKK. He was asked to denounce David Duke, he lied, said he didn't know who
he was, despite being on record commenting on Duke before. After the horror and
death at Charlottesville, it took Trump over two days and people pounding on him to
get him to come out and denounce Nazis and the KKK. Then two days later, he could
not contain himself anymore and he went on that rant for 15 mins at Trump Tower,
where he said there were "very fine people on both sides". How can there be very
fine people on the side of white supremacists who organized it, the KKK, Nazis and
the rest of that scum? Would you rally with them? Who were these "very fine
people"? And it's not like this wasn't noticed, all three of Trump's presidential
committees that he had put together of pro Trump people, business execs, they
all resigned in disgust. But that is Trump, as long as they like him, he doesn't
care who they are, come on in.

Trump was asked to denounce Qanon in October at the debate. He was told
that his own intel agencies view them as a rising threat. Trump said he doesn't
know much about them, but he knows they are very against pedophilia and that
they like him. So obviously, he's lying, because he in fact does know who Qanon
are. And again, it's all OK, as long as they like Trump, all are welvome, he's
not going to reject them. And how about Proud Boys? At a debate he had
the same question about them, to denounce them. Finally pushed, he told them
to stand down and "stand by". In Dec he summoned them to DC for the Jan6
stolen election protest, "it will be wild". How many of them were arrested for
insurrection at the Capitol?

So, that's the big tent Republican Party now. It's gone from Lincoln and Reagan
to Qanon, KKK, Proud Boys and a whole lot of people who believe BS and lies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 18:23:23 -0500, Tekkie© wrote:

On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 06:45:28 -0800 (PST), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

It's the new big tent policy of the Republican Party. Qanon, Proud Boys, KKK,

Excuse me; the KKK were Dems as were many other of these groups were at that
time. I really don't know the political views of the other groups you mention.

Trump WAS a Democrat too - so what foes that matter. It is who /
what they ar today. They might NOT be "republicans" but they ARE
"Trumpists" - or what has become the "repugnicans" - AKA anarchists
/neo-natzis /Extreme-right.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 17:19:33 -0500, Tekkie© wrote:

On Thu, 04 Feb 2021 22:17:05 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

GF wasn't saying anything about Gates and Pfizer, only that if the
trumpies and maybe their predeessors didn't have computers they wouldn't
have become so batty. I was thinking if we could find where the
internet cables cross from Virginia to N. Carolina, and we cut them all,
they would settle down sooner.

This post speaks volumes about you Micky. Just because a group doesn't agree
with you then you must do something to the group. In this case *silence and
settle them down sooner* them. You have firmly entrenched yourself into the
left wing and I have lost much respect for you.

For most of us you have long had no respect to lose
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 01:56:24 -0800 (PST), posted for all
of us to digest...

Disingenuous. The KKK were Democrats up until the 1960s. They're Republicans
now.

Cindy Hamilton

Says who? You were also silent when traitor made the misstatement about the KKK
in an earlier post. The only KKK guy I've seen was Virgina Gov Northam a Demo.

It may come as a surprise to you, but I don't read every post.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 14:37:45 -0800 (PST), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

[...]

You stated charity work, which part goes to PACS. He was noting that the vax
should go to S. Africa before the USA. You don't seem to realize that you are
under confirmation bias. I seek the truth. You go on repeating rants without
providing any proof.

When are you going to return to this universe? You are in an alternate universe
called Trump. You are the one bring his name up. Why don't you calm down and
let things take their course? Whatever he may or may not have done will be
determined by time. I am seriously beginning to worry about you. I mean this
with great respect!

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 05 Feb 2021 23:00:41 -0500, Clare Snyder posted for all of us to
digest...

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 17:19:33 -0500, Tekkie© wrote:

On Thu, 04 Feb 2021 22:17:05 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

GF wasn't saying anything about Gates and Pfizer, only that if the
trumpies and maybe their predeessors didn't have computers they wouldn't
have become so batty. I was thinking if we could find where the
internet cables cross from Virginia to N. Carolina, and we cut them all,
they would settle down sooner.

This post speaks volumes about you Micky. Just because a group doesn't agree
with you then you must do something to the group. In this case *silence and
settle them down sooner* them. You have firmly entrenched yourself into the
left wing and I have lost much respect for you.

For most of us you have long had no respect to lose

That's okay. If you cannot respect someone because of their political beliefs
then that is on you. Don't take my kindness for weakness.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 10:53:23 -0800 (PST), posted for all
of us to digest...

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 01:56:24 -0800 (PST), posted for all
of us to digest...

Disingenuous. The KKK were Democrats up until the 1960s. They're Republicans
now.

Cindy Hamilton

Says who? You were also silent when traitor made the misstatement about the KKK
in an earlier post. The only KKK guy I've seen was Virgina Gov Northam a Demo.

It may come as a surprise to you, but I don't read every post.

Cindy Hamilton

But yet, I have been criticized for the same thing.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 14:52:16 -0800 (PST), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

[...]

Read the post to which you replied more carefully. I am seeking the truth
trying to get past the "BS and lies" yet you offer no help.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/6/2021 12:30 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[...]

When your "political" beliefs are pure nonsense, you never will get
respect from people that can think.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 20:37:08 -0800, Bob F wrote:

[...]

You are certainly entitled to that opinion. It doesn't make it true.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/6/2021 9:05 PM, wrote:
[...]

What I said is ALWAYS true. I will concede that if they cannot think,
others might respect him for spouting nonsense.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 21:44:39 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 2/6/2021 9:05 PM, wrote:
[...]

The conservatives are not the only ones to run with fake news.
I remember hearing about Sicknick being pummelled with a fire
extinguisher and that head injury caused the stroke spoken as fact
from several people here and at the time I said I would wait to see
what really happened. Now we know none of that is true. I bet there is
still someone here who would argue about that but the MEs report has
been leaked and nobody in DC is saying the leak was wrong.

People from both sides grab fake news all the time.
I am really working on waiting and not believing anything the first
time I hear it but it is hard to ignore something you think is right.
You have to at least listen to the other side.

I will be happy when the T word fades away. It wrecks too many
conversations.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, February 6, 2021 at 3:33:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 10:53:23 -0800 (PST), posted for all
of us to digest...

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 01:56:24 -0800 (PST), posted for all
of us to digest...

Disingenuous. The KKK were Democrats up until the 1960s. They're Republicans
now.

Cindy Hamilton

Says who? You were also silent when traitor made the misstatement about the KKK
in an earlier post. The only KKK guy I've seen was Virgina Gov Northam a Demo.

It may come as a surprise to you, but I don't read every post.

Cindy Hamilton

But yet, I have been criticized for the same thing.

If you can't take a little criticism, perhaps Usenet is not the place for you.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 7 Feb 2021 04:28:24 -0800 (PST), posted for all
of us to digest...

On Saturday, February 6, 2021 at 3:33:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 10:53:23 -0800 (PST), posted for all
of us to digest...

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 01:56:24 -0800 (PST), posted for all
of us to digest...

Disingenuous. The KKK were Democrats up until the 1960s. They're Republicans
now.

Cindy Hamilton

Says who? You were also silent when traitor made the misstatement about the KKK
in an earlier post. The only KKK guy I've seen was Virgina Gov Northam a Demo.

It may come as a surprise to you, but I don't read every post.

Cindy Hamilton

But yet, I have been criticized for the same thing.

If you can't take a little criticism, perhaps Usenet is not the place for you.

Cindy Hamilton

Perhaps this also shows the one sided linear thinking that invades this group.
I can stand all the criticism dished out but I do not believe others in this
group can. I believe 'sticks and stones can break your bones but words will
never hurt me' unlike you and the other 'woke' people.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 8, 2021 at 3:50:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

I'm not "woke". I occasionally use the "n" word at home. But I was brought up
not to use such words in company.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 21:44:39 -0800, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

On 2/6/2021 9:05 PM, wrote:
[...]

Yet you say that you are a bright, knowledgeable, deep thinker. If you are then
you would consider everyone's opinion without losing respect. 'My way or the
highway' seems to be your mantra. It used to be the Dem's was the 'workingman's
party' and yell 'freedom of speech'. That is long past. In my life/jobs I cared
for everyone that crossed my path. If you don't think emergency services is
ripe with differing opinions then put your tin hat back on. When that dispatch
comes over that means someone needs HELP. We united and did the job. Now all I
see is from the left is decisiveness and hate, especially if one doesn't toe
the line. Why you use this group to spout your hate is beyond me. I can only
perceive it is for attention; no matter how you get it.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/08/2021 02:16 PM, wrote:
[...]

It's a good thing there aren't little cartoon speech balloons over
peoples heads that show what they're really thinking.

My mother would correct my father when he use the 'n' word.
she also thought any black male over 8 years old was a potential rapist
but she was very polite about it.

We had a flat we rented out when it wasn't occupied by extended family
members. She wouldn't let him handle the renter interviews because she
knew if he like the people he didn't care if they were n-----s or not.

I learned about hypocrisy at a tender age.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Mon, 8 Feb 2021 18:58:42 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Oh, no! ...and the senile bull****ting continues!