Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Free speech, greene, and parler.

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 4 Feb 2021 06:45:28 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 6:10:12 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
McCarthy says Greene has denounced her [stupid] views to him and others.

IOW, only in private before a few people, and AIUI, only related to the
the Pa. grammar school murders and the Florida high school murders.

I withdraw this part. I was thinking of one interview she gave, not
widely played afaik, where she said, in public to the extent people
heard the interview, that the Sandy Hook and Parkland shootings were
real**, they were terrible, and we should work to end such things. So
IMO she ended by making a self-promoting "speech" about how she is
against killing children and we should work to end such things.

**Wait! She'd never said they weren't really killed. She said they
were false flags. That it was done by anti-gun people to generate
support for anti-gun legislation. So this wasn't a retraction at all.
It was a restatement of the acceptable part while not commenting on the
stupid part.

I tried but didn't find the interview referred to at the top. If she
wants to undo even a part of the harmful things she has said, SHE should
make sure people see other things she says. One little interview, even
if it were partly adequate and this one might not show anything good,
one interview that few people see doesn't do much good

I wish I had more time to listen or read all this stuff, and I wish I
could remember all the details without getting mixed up sometimes.

Not
wrt to all the other stupid things she has said, about killing Nancy
Pelosi or all the others.

What good does it do to say such things in private?

Some repubs try to make it sound important because she said these things
before she was elected. Do the married and divorced Repub. members of
Congress thing that what they said when they got married before entering
Congress no longer applies? Or what they said when they got divorced?

Until people say otherwise, their prior words still belong to them.
Republicans know that but they look for any excuse.

And some, even on NPR, keep referring to "apology" as if that is as
important as retraction and denial.

Parler's CEO was forced out because of a disagreement about free speech.
He was for it without restraint, but Rebecca Mercer, a major donor, and
others thought there should be some moderation. He says he presented
his position to them and they were silent, so he took that to mean he
shoudl resign.

It's the new big tent policy of the Republican Party. Qanon, Proud Boys, KKK,
white supremacists, David Duke, all are welcome, as long as they vote for the cult.

I wonder how many of them even consider that they might be losing more
votes than they gain. Especially with young people who don't yet have
a habit or emotional commitment to Republicans. "Children are our
future."

I saw former Senator Danforth on TV last night. He's one of the few Republicans
of any significance that admits that the GOP has badly lost it's way, lost what it
stands for, lost it's principles and values. He says it's essentially become an
angry, populist bunch, focused on grievances, not on a positive message for
the future. And we all know the guy who achieved that over the last 5 years.
Republicans had the WH, Senate and House 4 years ago. Now they have lost
it all and still haven't accepted why. Looks to me like they are toast, that
Democrats will rule for a long time, unless Uncle Joe and Pelosi really screw
up or the economy goes into the toilet. They may rule until the debt crisis
finally hits at some point that grows closer each day and then we are all screwed.