Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Automatic table saw emergency stop

On 17/02/2021 15:08, rbowman wrote:
On 02/17/2021 12:43 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 16/02/2021 20:26, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 03:38:26 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Mind you, I don't know what a DI is.

Drill Instructor. They are a lot less ceremonial than your Drill
Sergeants.

Ah, I could only think of detective inspector.Â* Acronyms are useless,
if you pick any 2 or 3 letter combination and look it up on acronym
finder, there will be about 30 results.Â* I once worked where the same
three letters meant two completely different things in a different
department.

That reminds me of someone I used to know who worked in LSD (Library
Service Department), and I knew that LSD stood for Least Significant
Digit.

Bacon Lettuce and Marmite

Why does marmite remind me of thermite, tannerite, and other non-edibles?

Because it tastes of bakelite?

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Anon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 08:08:03 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Bacon Lettuce and Marmite

Why does marmite remind me of thermite, tannerite, and other non-edibles?

Maybe it's a senile thing, lowbrowwoman?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 15:35:32 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 17/02/2021 15:08, rbowman wrote:
On 02/17/2021 12:43 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 16/02/2021 20:26, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 03:38:26 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Mind you, I don't know what a DI is.

Drill Instructor. They are a lot less ceremonial than your Drill
Sergeants.

Ah, I could only think of detective inspector. Acronyms are useless,
if you pick any 2 or 3 letter combination and look it up on acronym
finder, there will be about 30 results. I once worked where the same
three letters meant two completely different things in a different
department.

That reminds me of someone I used to know who worked in LSD (Library
Service Department), and I knew that LSD stood for Least Significant
Digit.

Bacon Lettuce and Marmite

Why does marmite remind me of thermite, tannerite, and other non-edibles?

Because it tastes of bakelite?

It's like spam isn't it? Low grade waste product sold cheaply. Not sure why either continued after the war.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 03:02:36 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Cats have no concept of how disgusting **** is.

They know enough to bury it...

About 1 in 4 of my cats buried it.

1 in 4 couldn't be bothered and shat anywhere, sometimes off the edge of the (large) tray, sometimes in the ****ing bath!

And 1 in 2 tried to bury it, but were so stupid they couldn't work out where the **** was once they'd turned round to dig. The pile of dug litter would end up missing by 4 inches, then they'd actually have to go smell it (ugh!) to see if it was buried. They do have eyes don't they?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 02:53:16 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/16/2021 01:26 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 03:38:26 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Mind you, I don't know what a DI is.

Drill Instructor. They are a lot less ceremonial than your Drill
Sergeants.

Ah, I could only think of detective inspector. Acronyms are useless,
if you pick any 2 or 3 letter combination and look it up on acronym
finder, there will be about 30 results. I once worked where the same
three letters meant two completely different things in a different
department.

That reminds me of someone I used to know who worked in LSD (Library
Service Department), and I knew that LSD stood for Least Significant Digit.

I have a problem of getting confused when trying to be polite about Mormons.

I don't get those any more. My front door has a large sign saying "No salesmen, no charities, no religious nutters". Funny thing is my next door neighbours are religious nutters. She once asked me if that notice was intended for her. I said as long as you don't try to convert me, no.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 02:50:16 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 03:38:26 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Mind you, I don't know what a DI is.

Drill Instructor. They are a lot less ceremonial than your Drill
Sergeants.

Ah, I could only think of detective inspector. Acronyms are useless, if
you pick any 2 or 3 letter combination and look it up on acronym finder,
there will be about 30 results. I once worked where the same three
letters meant two completely different things in a different department.

Around here BLM meant Bureau of Land Management until a few years ago.

I had to look that up. All based on a criminal getting "murdered".
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 01:17:22 -0000, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

Cats have no concept of how disgusting **** is.

I used to have one that used the bathtub (maybe it looked like a huge
litterbox?). To discourage that, I made a bathtup cover from some thin
plastic lattice that's often found around mobile homes. I considered
labeling it "Binford no-**** 6100 bathtub cover".

If it was made by Binford, it would blast the cat with jets of water.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

In article , Commander Kinsey
wrote:
[...]

when delivering Parish Newsletters a few years ago I came across:
"Attention - chat imbecile"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

news
wrote:

[...]

Nope, it has never been that.

sold cheaply.

Nope.

Not sure why either continued after the war.

Neither are war products and it continues to be sold because
people keep buying them. Novel concept I realise.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 19:25:17 +0000 (GMT), charles, another mentally
deficient, troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered:

when delivering Parish Newsletters a few years ago I came across:
"Attention - chat imbecile"

Did you ever come across a troll-feeding senile asshole and his troll, you
imbecilic troll-feeding senile asshole? BG
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default The Two Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again!

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 07:25:12 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
TYPICAL retarded "conversation" between sociopath Rodent and sociopath
Birdbrain from August 26th 2018:

Birdbrain: "I have one head but 5 fingers."

Senile Rodent: "Obvious lie. You hairy legged cross dressers are so inbred
that you all have two heads."

Birdbrain: "You're the one that likes hairy legs remember?"

Senile Rodent: "The problem isnt the hairy legs, it's the gross inbreeding
that
produces two headed unemployables like you."

Birdbrain: "So why did you mention hairy legs?"

Senile Rodent: "Because that's what those who arent actually stupid enough
to shave their legs have."

Birdbrain: "You only have hairy legs if both of the following are true:
1) You're quite far back on the evolutionary scale.
2) You haven't learned what a razor is for."

Senile Rodent: "Only a terminal ****wit or a woman shaves their legs."

Birdbrain: "There is literally zero point in having hair all over your
body."

Senile Rodent: "There is even less point in wasting your time changing what
you are born with."

MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 2/16/2021 7:11 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 2/16/21 2:35 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[snip]

Didn't know that. Our kat is an indoor kat. My wife and have decided
if she
goes out she stays out. So far she has shown no inclination to go out.

My house has enough drafts without a cat door, aren't they drafty?

My cat us usually outside more than inside, although that's reversed now
since we're in the middle of the biggest winter storm in years.

Ms Kitty FatCat has her own personal access hole to under the house ,
where it hasn't gone below 42° during this entire event . When it was
-6° outside it was 41.8° under there . She is an outside-only cat , will
come inside occasionally but wants back outside within a few minutes .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 2/16/2021 9:09 PM, Fred wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message

Cats have no concept of how disgusting **** is.

They know enough to bury it...

Wonder how they evolved like that, and why dogs didn't.

And why some dogs do a very half hearted attempt at kicking
a few bits of dirt over their turds with their back feet.

It has to do with their hunting style . I read that somewhere way
back in the annals of time . Most likely way before the internet , so
don't ask for a cite or a link .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
We shot them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

"Snag" wrote in message
On 2/16/2021 9:09 PM, Fred wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message

Cats have no concept of how disgusting **** is.

They know enough to bury it...

Wonder how they evolved like that, and why dogs didn't.

And why some dogs do a very half hearted attempt at kicking
a few bits of dirt over their turds with their back feet.

It has to do with their hunting style .

Can't see that, particularly as plenty of cats don't bury their turds.

I read that somewhere way back in the annals of time . Most likely way
before the internet , so don't ask for a cite or a link .

https://www.livescience.com/33147-wh...heir-poop.html
claims that it's the non dominant cats that bury their **** so that
dominant cats don't get offended by their turds in their territory.

Certainly dogs are very obsessive about marking their territory with ****
and checking out what other dogs have been marking their passage etc.

Cant find any useful explanation for the very trivial kicking
a bit of dirt in the general direction of a dog turd tho.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 09:53:06 +1100, Fred, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 2/16/21 2:35 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[snip]

Didn't know that. Our kat is an indoor kat. My wife and have decided
if she
goes out she stays out. So far she has shown no inclination to go out.

My house has enough drafts without a cat door, aren't they drafty?

My cat us usually outside more than inside, although that's reversed
now since we're in the middle of the biggest winter storm in years.

Â*Ms Kitty FatCat has her own personal access hole to under the house ,
where it hasn't gone below 42° during this entire event . When it was
-6° outside it was 41.8° under there . She is an outside-only cat , will
come inside occasionally but wants back outside within a few minutes .

It sounds like some insulation might save you on heating.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 2/16/21 2:35 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[snip]

Didn't know that. Our kat is an indoor kat. My wife and have decided
if she
goes out she stays out. So far she has shown no inclination to go out.

My house has enough drafts without a cat door, aren't they drafty?

My cat us usually outside more than inside, although that's reversed
now since we're in the middle of the biggest winter storm in years.

Â*Â*Ms Kitty FatCat has her own personal access hole to under the house
, where it hasn't gone below 42° during this entire event . When it
was -6° outside it was 41.8° under there . She is an outside-only cat
, will come inside occasionally but wants back outside within a few
minutes .

It sounds like some insulation might save you on heating.

How do you figure that ? This is basically a crawl space though it is
over 4 feet high at the downhill end of the house . And as far as saving
on heating , it's hard to beat free (except for my labor and a bit of
gas) firewood - our stove kept the house comfortable when it was -6°
outside . BTW , this under house space IS insulated from outdoor temps
by an inch of foam insulation - which will be covered by native stone
when I get around to finishing that part of the house . I don't expect
that to warm it up much though , and in fact hope it doesn't . We also
have a small cellar under the kitchen for food storage , I'd just as
soon temps there stayed in the upper 40's .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
We shot them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 08:35 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
[...]

I spent the first few years of my career designing control circuitry for
thermoset molding equipment so I'm very familiar with the smell of 350
degree F phenolic resin. It smells much better than marmite.

I guess if the Swedes can have surströmming the Brits can have marmite.
To its credit marmite doesn't tend to explode.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Spam is a luxury food compared to Treet...

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 11:16 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
And 1 in 2 tried to bury it, but were so stupid they couldn't work out
where the **** was once they'd turned round to dig. The pile of dug
litter would end up missing by 4 inches, then they'd actually have to go
smell it (ugh!) to see if it was buried. They do have eyes don't they?

They do have eyes but their closeup vision leaves a lot to be desired.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 11:18 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I don't get those any more. My front door has a large sign saying "No
salesmen, no charities, no religious nutters". Funny thing is my next
door neighbours are religious nutters. She once asked me if that notice
was intended for her. I said as long as you don't try to convert me, no.

I think the motorcycles in the driveway discourages the religious types.
I did have a political type last year who asked if I would support her
candidate. I was polite and left the participle out of 'no ****ing way.'

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 11:19 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 02:50:16 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 03:38:26 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Mind you, I don't know what a DI is.

Drill Instructor. They are a lot less ceremonial than your Drill
Sergeants.

Ah, I could only think of detective inspector. Acronyms are useless, if
you pick any 2 or 3 letter combination and look it up on acronym finder,
there will be about 30 results. I once worked where the same three
letters meant two completely different things in a different department.

Around here BLM meant Bureau of Land Management until a few years ago.

I had to look that up. All based on a criminal getting "murdered".

A series of criminals... There might be a little more support if their
poster children weren't felons.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 2/17/2021 10:41 PM, rbowman wrote:
[...]

And their founders self-declared "trained Marxists" .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
We shot them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 03:53 PM, Fred wrote:

https://www.livescience.com/33147-wh...heir-poop.html
claims that it's the non dominant cats that bury their **** so that
dominant cats don't get offended by their turds in their territory.

I'm glad to know the cat thinks I'm the big cat around here.

https://www.wildernesscollege.com/mo...on-tracks.html

That confirms what I've seen around here. The mountain lions scratch up
debris and then **** on top of it backwards of a normal cat. I guess if
you're an apex predator you do what you want.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 18/02/2021 04:54, Snag wrote:
On 2/17/2021 10:41 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/17/2021 11:19 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 02:50:16 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 03:38:26 -0000, rbowman

Mind you, I don't know what a DI is.

Drill Instructor. They are a lot less ceremonial than your Drill
Sergeants.

Ah, I could only think of detective inspector.Â* Acronyms are
useless, if
you pick any 2 or 3 letter combination and look it up on acronym
finder,
there will be about 30 results.Â* I once worked where the same three
letters meant two completely different things in a different
department.

Around here BLM meant Bureau of Land Management until a few years ago.

I had to look that up.Â* All based on a criminal getting "murdered".

A series of criminals... There might be a little more support if their
poster children weren't felons.

Â* And their founders self-declared "trained Marxists" .

faced with a problem of lack of success

white person: I must try harder and think this out
black person: I am being oppressed - I will protest until someone gives
it to me

--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Jonathan Swift.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 21:34:59 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I think the motorcycles

I think it's time you removed your toothless big gob from the unwashed
Scottish ******'s cock, lowbrowwoman!
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 21:26:28 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Spam is a luxury food compared to Treet...

What about the unwashed Scottish ******'s unwashed meat in your big senile
gob, senile blabbermouth? Is it luxury food for you?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 21:23:25 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I spent the first few years of my career designing control circuitry for

Oh, no! Not yet another grandiose senile bull**** story from the resident
senile gossip! LOL
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 21:41:24 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

A series of criminals... There might be a little more support if their
poster children weren't felons.

Does it make you feel THAT good, every time you find an opportunity to suck
off the Scottish ******? There must be something about the filthy psycho's
unwashed dick that makes it irresistible to some of you senile
blabbermouths! BG
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 21:56:01 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

On 02/17/2021 03:53 PM, Fred wrote:

https://www.livescience.com/33147-wh...heir-poop.html
claims that it's the non dominant cats that bury their **** so that
dominant cats don't get offended by their turds in their territory.

I'm glad to know the cat thinks I'm the big cat around here.

Everyone here thinks that you are the big cat, lowbrowwoman. After all, you
got the biggest gob of all the senile bigmouths around. BG

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 21:27:58 -0700, lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile
whore!

They do have eyes but their closeup vision leaves a lot to be desired.

Let's face it, BOTH of you are definitely sick ****heads!
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 05:41:29 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 18/02/2021 04:54, Snag wrote:
[...]

So true. If you're a white male heterosexual atheist, you can't get a job.