Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
charles charles is offline

Default Automatic table saw emergency stop

In article , Commander Kinsey
wrote:
On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 02:53:16 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/16/2021 01:26 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 03:38:26 -0000, rbowman

Mind you, I don't know what a DI is.

Drill Instructor. They are a lot less ceremonial than your Drill
Sergeants.

Ah, I could only think of detective inspector. Acronyms are useless,
if you pick any 2 or 3 letter combination and look it up on acronym
finder, there will be about 30 results. I once worked where the same
three letters meant two completely different things in a different
department.

That reminds me of someone I used to know who worked in LSD (Library
Service Department), and I knew that LSD stood for Least Significant
Digit.

I have a problem of getting confused when trying to be polite about
Mormons.

I don't get those any more. My front door has a large sign saying "No
salesmen, no charities, no religious nutters". Funny thing is my next
door neighbours are religious nutters. She once asked me if that notice
was intended for her. I said as long as you don't try to convert me, no.

when delivering Parish Newsletters a few years ago I came across:
"Attention - chat imbecile"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England