Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Automatic table saw emergency stop

This thing is amazing:
https://youtu.be/SYLAi4jwXcs
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default CAUTION!!! Birdbrain, the Abnormal Pathological Attention Whore, Strikes, AGAIN!

On Wed, 03 Feb 2021 19:24:40 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (aka "Commander Kinsey",
"James Wilkinson", "Steven ******","Bruce Farquar", "Fred Johnson, etc.),
the pathological resident idiot and attention whore of all the uk ngs,
blathered again:

FLUSH the subnormal sociopathic trolling attention whore's latest
attention-baiting sick bull**** unread again

--
Peter Moylan about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"If people like JWS didn't exist, we would have to find some other way to

--
Lewis about nym-shifting Birdbrain:
"Typical narcissist troll, thinks his **** is so grand he has the right to
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2021 19:24, Commander Kinsey wrote:
This thing is amazing:
https://youtu.be/SYLAi4jwXcs

Don't try and cut damp wood or you will destroy the blade every time

I would guess that removing the riving knife or blade guard as you see
on a lot of Youtube videos, especially from the USA, may account for
many of the 68k USA injuries rather than cutting your fingers off

One form of kickback (there are others demonstrated on many table saw
safety videos)
https://youtu.be/u7sRrC2Jpp4?t=147

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile HUGE ASSHOLE Alert!

On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 21:44:27 +0000, anal_m, the notorious troll-feeding
senile retard, blathered again:

Don't try and cut damp wood or you will destroy the blade every time

Just what kind of sick perverted troll-feeding senile piece of **** are you,
senile cretin?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Feb 2021 21:44:27 -0000, alan_m wrote:

On 03/02/2021 19:24, Commander Kinsey wrote:
This thing is amazing:
https://youtu.be/SYLAi4jwXcs

Don't try and cut damp wood or you will destroy the blade every time

Good point. I wonder how they get around that.

I would guess that removing the riving knife or blade guard as you see
on a lot of Youtube videos, especially from the USA, may account for
many of the 68k USA injuries rather than cutting your fingers off

I removed mine, otherwise how the hell do you cut thicker wood? I just keep my fingers a good distance from the blade. I don't cut tiny things with a huge saw.

One form of kickback (there are others demonstrated on many table saw
safety videos)
https://youtu.be/u7sRrC2Jpp4?t=147

Yeowch! I was wondering who you could get kickback in that direction.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 04/02/2021 19:23, Commander Kinsey wrote:

I removed mine, otherwise how the hell do you cut thicker wood?* I just
keep my fingers a good distance from the blade.* I don't cut tiny things
with a huge saw.

I have removed the blade guard on mine for cutting thicker wood but I
also have a second, cut down, riving knife just a tiny bit shorter than
the blade that I always fit for this type of cut. The riving knife that
came with the saw is taller than the blade - because the blade guard
fits to the top of it.

One form of kickback (there are others demonstrated on many table saw
safety videos)
https://youtu.be/u7sRrC2Jpp4?t=147

Yeowch!* I was wondering who you could get kickback in that direction.

Somewhere on Youtube is a demonstration of another form of kickback on a
table saw where the wood goes through a plasterboard partition wall.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 20:52:16 +0000, anal_m, the notorious troll-feeding
senile retard, blathered again:

I have removed the blade

You've had your brain removed already LONG time ago, anal_m, you subnormal
troll-feeding senile piece of ****!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Feb 2021 20:52:16 -0000, alan_m wrote:

On 04/02/2021 19:23, Commander Kinsey wrote:

I removed mine, otherwise how the hell do you cut thicker wood? I just
keep my fingers a good distance from the blade. I don't cut tiny things
with a huge saw.

I have removed the blade guard on mine for cutting thicker wood but I
also have a second, cut down, riving knife just a tiny bit shorter than
the blade that I always fit for this type of cut. The riving knife that
came with the saw is taller than the blade - because the blade guard
fits to the top of it.

Sounds like your saw is better designed. My knife is lower than the blade, and the guard attaches to it, so you can only use about half the available blade to cut unless you remove the guard, since the bolt for the guard stops the wood going through. What they could have done is make the guard adjustable, so it's possible to get wood through that's the full height of the blade. Even then, you might want to cut halfway through some much thicker wood (although that's probably unsafe!)

One form of kickback (there are others demonstrated on many table saw
safety videos)
https://youtu.be/u7sRrC2Jpp4?t=147

Yeowch! I was wondering who you could get kickback in that direction.

Somewhere on Youtube is a demonstration of another form of kickback on a
table saw where the wood goes through a plasterboard partition wall.

Those plasterboard walls amuse me, until I need to remove one and get dust everywhere. My friend once lost his temper with his brother and tried to punch him. His brother moved and his fist went straight through the wall. Plasterboard is cheap crap that should never have been invented. It's also presumably very flammable, being basically two layers of paper with dust glued inbetween. Might aswell live in a mud hut.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2021 19:10, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Plasterboard is cheap crap that should never have
been invented.* It's also presumably very flammable, being basically two
layers of paper with dust glued inbetween.

You will have a difficult job setting fire to it.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 5 Feb 2021 at 19:10:06 GMT, ""Commander Kinsey""
wrote:

Those plasterboard walls amuse me, until I need to remove one and get dust
everywhere. My friend once lost his temper with his brother and tried to
punch him. His brother moved and his fist went straight through the wall.
Plasterboard is cheap crap that should never have been invented. It's also
presumably very flammable, being basically two layers of paper with dust
glued inbetween. Might aswell live in a mud hut.

That is masterly trolling and not particularly offensive. Have you been to
Troll school recently?

--
Roger Hayter

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2021 19:10, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Plasterboard is cheap crap that should never have
been invented.* It's also presumably very flammable, being basically two
layers of paper with dust glued inbetween.* Might aswell live in a mud hut.

You're a ****ing idiot.

Bill
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

ALAN....Find yourself a 1950's....cast-iron-top....Sears/Craftsman, 10 inch table saw.....even if its from a junk yard. You may have to discard the bent-up sheet metal 'box support structure' and make your own out of plywood. I pulled one of mine (I have three, my father's (bought new....early 1950's)....one I bought on Craig's List, same vintage... and a $30 flea-market find....banged up sheet metal base....no problem....needs a plywood box.... and recently another one ....just the iron top and guts....pulled from the curb on trash day...needs support/etc. All of these are 1950's-70's vintage, mechanically identical....just gussied up trim. More recently I pulled a banged up one from the curb....out for trash....same model. I replaced the bent sheet metal support structure (literally dropped at the curb) with a plywood box, cleaned and greased the bearings (easy to replace even if they're shot or rusty) runs like a charm. The guts of these vintage ones are tough. I don't know if newer or current Sears ones are as beefy as those from the late 40's-60's. Consider checking out a cabinet shop's equipment.....in addition to their commercial machines, a lot of them have a classic Sears Craftsman or two set up for light cuts, small runs or specific blade types.....as time savers. Good luck. PMH

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...p-3092324-.htm