Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
SNAG SNAG is offline

Default Automatic table saw emergency stop

On 2/17/2021 7:08 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 2/17/2021 1:57 PM, Snag wrote:
On 2/16/2021 7:11 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 2/16/21 2:35 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[snip]

Didn't know that. Our kat is an indoor kat. My wife and have decided
if she
goes out she stays out. So far she has shown no inclination to go out.

My house has enough drafts without a cat door, aren't they drafty?

My cat us usually outside more than inside, although that's reversed
now since we're in the middle of the biggest winter storm in years.

Â*Â*Ms Kitty FatCat has her own personal access hole to under the house
, where it hasn't gone below 42° during this entire event . When it
was -6° outside it was 41.8° under there . She is an outside-only cat
, will come inside occasionally but wants back outside within a few
minutes .

It sounds like some insulation might save you on heating.

How do you figure that ? This is basically a crawl space though it is
over 4 feet high at the downhill end of the house . And as far as saving
on heating , it's hard to beat free (except for my labor and a bit of
gas) firewood - our stove kept the house comfortable when it was -6°
outside . BTW , this under house space IS insulated from outdoor temps
by an inch of foam insulation - which will be covered by native stone
when I get around to finishing that part of the house . I don't expect
that to warm it up much though , and in fact hope it doesn't . We also
have a small cellar under the kitchen for food storage , I'd just as
soon temps there stayed in the upper 40's .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.