Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vaccines to get vaccines starting next week.

Drugstores to get vaccine starting next week.

Phase II

https://www.google.com/search?client...ting+next+week
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
Drugstores to get vaccine starting next week.

Phase II

https://www.google.com/search?client...ting+next+week

Good try on that title.

At least one vaccine reduces spread.

"The vaccine developed by the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca not
only protects people from serious illness and death but also
substantially slows the transmission of the virus, according to a new
study €” a finding that underscores the importance of mass vaccination as
a path out of the pandemic.

Researchers at the University of Oxford measured the impact on
transmission by swabbing participants every week seeking to detect signs
of the virus. If there is no virus present, even if someone is infected,
it cannot be spread. And they found a 67 percent reduction in positive
swabs among those vaccinated.

The results, detailed by Oxford and AstraZeneca researchers in a
manuscript that has not been peer-reviewed, found that the vaccine could
cut transmission by nearly two-thirds."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/03/u...3e91b65130eb97
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 3 Feb 2021 09:07:18 -0800, Bob F
wrote:

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
Drugstores to get vaccine starting next week.

Phase II

https://www.google.com/search?client...ting+next+week

Good try on that title.

At least one vaccine reduces spread.

Yeah, if a vaccine doesn't get a vaccine, it's got nuthin'.

"The vaccine developed by the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca not
only protects people from serious illness and death but also
substantially slows the transmission of the virus, according to a new
study — a finding that underscores the importance of mass vaccination as
a path out of the pandemic.

Researchers at the University of Oxford measured the impact on
transmission by swabbing participants every week seeking to detect signs
of the virus. If there is no virus present, even if someone is infected,
it cannot be spread. And they found a 67 percent reduction in positive
swabs among those vaccinated.

The results, detailed by Oxford and AstraZeneca researchers in a
manuscript that has not been peer-reviewed, found that the vaccine could
cut transmission by nearly two-thirds."

That would be verrrry good.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/03/u...3e91b65130eb97

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Indeed it would.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/03/u...3e91b65130eb97

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

It is interesting that we seem to be considering all of these new
vaccines equal when it is turning out they aren't. Once supply catches
up, we may be getting another round of the "good" vaccine, which ever
that one is for your particular circumstance and I still think there
will be an annual booster.

I also think "free" may go away after a while. Like any good drug
pusher, the first one is always free ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote
Bob F wrote
micky wrote

[...]

Only fools do that.

when it is turning out they aren't. Once supply catches up,
we may be getting another round of the "good" vaccine,

No evidence of that yet.

which ever that one is for your particular circumstance

Or that either.

and I still think there will be an annual booster.

Yeah, but then you have never had a ****ing clue.

I also think "free" may go away after a while.

Not here it wont. Your health care
system may well be that ****ed tho.

Like any good drug pusher, the first one is always free ;-)

Vaccination doesnt give you a high, stupid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 09:41:29 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

--
Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

So far, it seems the worst vaccine pretty much eliminates
hospitalization. I would not complain about that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

You have set your sights pretty low.
You are saying you are willing to get sick and spread the disease as
long as you don't die is all we need.
I would hope they come up with a better answer and if so we will be
having another round of vaccinations. That is all I said.
That also assumes the current vaccine works on the mutations we know
about and the ones we will learn about by summer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Nope, avoiding serious disease is what matters.

You are saying you are willing to get sick

Not enough to need hospitalisation, yep.

and spread the disease

You dont know that the vaccinated to that.

as long as you don't die is all we need.

Nope, he isnt saying anything like that.

I would hope they come up with a better answer

But you have always been a terminal ****wit.

and if so we will be having another round of vaccinations.

You dont know that is necessary.

That is all I said.

You have always been, and always will be
completely and utterly irrelevant. What you
might or might not have said in spades.

That also assumes the current vaccine
works on the mutations we know about

We know that they do.

and the ones we will learn about by summer.

No evidence that they wont and the new vaccines
are easy and quick to modify if they dont.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 19:17:26 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

You're so cynical. Aren't the other vaccines for communciable diseases,
poliio, measles, mumps, diphteria still free?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/4/21 6:35 AM, micky wrote:
You're so cynical. Aren't the other vaccines for communciable diseases,
poliio, measles, mumps, diphteria still free?

Unless you're a welfare-crat, there is no such thing as "free". There is always a taxed Republican who pays for your "free" stuff.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/4/2021 7:14 AM, jimmy wrote:
On 2/4/21 6:35 AM, micky wrote:
You're so cynical.Â* Aren't the other vaccines for communciable diseases,
poliio, measles, mumps, diphteria still free?

Unless you're a welfare-crat, there is no such thing as "free". There is
always a taxed Republican who pays for your "free" stuff.

So the working Democrats pay no taxes? Damn, I should register as a Dem
and save money. I think your logic is a bit lopsided.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I also think "free" may go away after a while. Like any good drug
pusher, the first one is always free ;-)

You're so cynical. Aren't the other vaccines for communciable diseases,
poliio, measles, mumps, diphteria still free?

My insurance paid for flu vaccines and my last couple of tetanus boosters.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/4/21 9:46 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/4/2021 7:14 AM, jimmy wrote:
On 2/4/21 6:35 AM, micky wrote:
You're so cynical.Â* Aren't the other vaccines for communciable diseases,
poliio, measles, mumps, diphteria still free?

Unless you're a welfare-crat, there is no such thing as "free". There is always a taxed Republican who pays for your "free" stuff.

So the working Democrats pay no taxes?Â* Damn, I should register as a Dem and save money.Â* I think your logic is a bit lopsided.

Show me where I said "working democrats pay no taxes."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/4/2021 7:14 AM, jimmy wrote:
On 2/4/21 6:35 AM, micky wrote:
You're so cynical. Aren't the other vaccines for communciable diseases,
poliio, measles, mumps, diphteria still free?

Unless you're a welfare-crat, there is no such thing as "free". There is always a taxed Republican who pays for your "free" stuff.

So the working Democrats pay no taxes? Damn, I should register as a Dem and save money. I think your logic is a bit lopsided.

Show me where I said "working democrats pay no taxes."

You didn't. But you also didn't mention that there's always a taxed Democrat who pays
for "free" stuff.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/4/2021 7:14 AM, jimmy wrote:
On 2/4/21 6:35 AM, micky wrote:
You're so cynical.Â* Aren't the other vaccines for communciable
diseases,
poliio, measles, mumps, diphteria still free?

Unless you're a welfare-crat, there is no such thing as "free". There
is always a taxed Republican who pays for your "free" stuff.

So the working Democrats pay no taxes?Â* Damn, I should register as a
Dem and save money.Â* I think your logic is a bit lopsided.

Show me where I said "working democrats pay no taxes."

You made the implication only republicans are paying taxes. Why did you
not either mention both or leave out party completely unless you wanted
to slant your view? You did exactly what people claim the MSM does.
Posted to alt.home.repair

" writes:
On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 10:36:09 AM UTC-5, jimmy lied like a rug:

You didn't. But you also didn't mention that there's always a taxed Democrat who pays
for "free" stuff.

Must you keep responding to the troll? Every time you do, it wins.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 12:37:38 PM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
" writes:
On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 10:36:09 AM UTC-5, jimmy lied like a rug:
You didn't. But you also didn't mention that there's always a taxed Democrat who pays
for "free" stuff.

Must you keep responding to the troll? Every time you do, it wins.

He wins what, exactly? The Nobel Peace Prize? An Academy Award? A box of
chocolates?

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

" writes:
On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 10:36:09 AM UTC-5, jimmy lied like a rug:
You didn't. But you also didn't mention that there's always a taxed Democrat who pays
for "free" stuff.

Must you keep responding to the troll? Every time you do, it wins.

He wins what, exactly? The Nobel Peace Prize? An Academy Award? A box of
chocolates?

Cindy Hamilton

The busted urinal award.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Nonsense.

The current vaccines all virtually eliminate hospitalization. So for
vaccinated people, covid is no worse than a mild flu.

At least one vaccine has been shown to reduce spread of infection by at
least 2/3, moving us way closer to herd immunity. Other vaccines may
soon show similar results.

We have a better answer, and it is being vaccinated ASAP.

If another vaccine is needed, we have proven technology to develop it
quickly.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/4/2021 7:14 AM, jimmy wrote:
On 2/4/21 6:35 AM, micky wrote:
You're so cynical.Â* Aren't the other vaccines for communciable
diseases,
poliio, measles, mumps, diphteria still free?

Unless you're a welfare-crat, there is no such thing as "free".
There is always a taxed Republican who pays for your "free" stuff.

So the working Democrats pay no taxes?Â* Damn, I should register as a
Dem and save money.Â* I think your logic is a bit lopsided.

Show me where I said "working democrats pay no taxes."

You made the implication only republicans are paying taxes.Â* Why did you
not either mention both or leave out party completely unless you wanted
to slant your view?Â* You did exactly what people claim the MSM does.

He did exactly what every other retard Repub does trying to imply things
that just are not so about the other side. Repeating "talking points".
Posted to alt.home.repair

" writes:
On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 10:36:09 AM UTC-5, jimmy lied like a rug:
You didn't. But you also didn't mention that there's always a taxed Democrat who pays
for "free" stuff.

Must you keep responding to the troll? Every time you do, it wins.

He wins what, exactly? The Nobel Peace Prize? An Academy Award? A box of
chocolates?

Attention. That's all it craves.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Nothing is free. Somebody is paying for it, usually the tax payers.
You really are a democrat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 09:46:24 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/4/2021 7:14 AM, jimmy wrote:
On 2/4/21 6:35 AM, micky wrote:
You're so cynical.Â* Aren't the other vaccines for communciable diseases,
poliio, measles, mumps, diphteria still free?

Unless you're a welfare-crat, there is no such thing as "free". There is
always a taxed Republican who pays for your "free" stuff.

So the working Democrats pay no taxes? Damn, I should register as a Dem
and save money. I think your logic is a bit lopsided.

Only his politics, the logic is solid. Most "free" stuff is funded by
those who pay taxes. Otherwise, it is bundled in the price of what you
buy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

And you don't care about public health. You really are a Repub.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Nothing is free.

The air I breath is free and the beach I use is too.

Somebody is paying for it,

Not with the air I breath or most of the beaches I use.

usually the tax payers. You really are a democrat.

You really are completely clueless.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/4/2021 7:14 AM, jimmy wrote:
On 2/4/21 6:35 AM, micky wrote:
You're so cynical. Aren't the other vaccines for communciable
diseases,
poliio, measles, mumps, diphteria still free?

Unless you're a welfare-crat, there is no such thing as "free". There is
always a taxed Republican who pays for your "free" stuff.

So the working Democrats pay no taxes? Damn, I should register as a Dem
and save money. I think your logic is a bit lopsided.

Only his politics, the logic is solid.

Nope.

Most "free" stuff is funded by those who pay taxes.
Otherwise, it is bundled in the price of what you buy.

Wrong with the air I breath.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 08:25:09 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Keema Nam addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You are now exposed as a liar, as well as an ignorant troll."
"MID: .com"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 08:08:47 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH troll****

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

First you say no, then you say yes. Make up your mind.
It is clear this virus is mutating, as corona viruses do and it is
also clear the vaccine will have to change to address the mutations.
I still bet this is an annual ritual like the flu shot. They might
even come up with an RNA flu vaccine and it might get mixed into the
cocktail we call a flu shot, also dealing with that year's Covid.

Absent some serious side effects we don't know about yet, this RNA
thing might become a common defense against other diseases. It is a
novel approach against a novel virus but it might catch on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/4/2021 7:14 AM, jimmy wrote:
On 2/4/21 6:35 AM, micky wrote:
You're so cynical.Â* Aren't the other vaccines for communciable
diseases,
poliio, measles, mumps, diphteria still free?

Unless you're a welfare-crat, there is no such thing as "free".
There is always a taxed Republican who pays for your "free" stuff.

So the working Democrats pay no taxes?Â* Damn, I should register as a
Dem and save money.Â* I think your logic is a bit lopsided.

Show me where I said "working democrats pay no taxes."

You made the implication only republicans are paying taxes.Â* Why did you
not either mention both or leave out party completely unless you wanted
to slant your view?Â* You did exactly what people claim the MSM does.

He did exactly what every other retard Repub does trying to imply things
that just are not so about the other side. Repeating "talking points".

Bear in mind *I* just said taxpayer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

I care about public health and I have no problem subsidizing things
that work. I am just not deluded into thinking they are free. There is
a difference.
If you really want to make something expensive, convince people it is
free.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 08:25:09 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

On 2/4/2021 7:14 AM, jimmy wrote:
On 2/4/21 6:35 AM, micky wrote:
You're so cynical. Aren't the other vaccines for communciable
diseases,
poliio, measles, mumps, diphteria still free?

Unless you're a welfare-crat, there is no such thing as "free". There is
always a taxed Republican who pays for your "free" stuff.

So the working Democrats pay no taxes? Damn, I should register as a Dem
and save money. I think your logic is a bit lopsided.

Only his politics, the logic is solid.

Nope.

Most "free" stuff is funded by those who pay taxes.
Otherwise, it is bundled in the price of what you buy.

Wrong with the air I breath.

The EPA says the clean air act has cost $65 BILLION.
Other estimates make it much higher than that.
Certainly there are benefits that exceed that cost many times over
(EPA says $2T worth) but it is not free.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 04 Feb 2021 15:02:13 -0500, posted for all of us to
digest...

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

One must also remember the waste involved in the taxes coming in and the actual
benefit given. Every company involved makes profit and gov't agencies has
associated costs & waste. The only difference between companies and the gov't
is the co's try to minimize waste for more profit and the gov't ignores waste
because they are looking for next years budget increase.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

And that next years budget increase never is a goal in private industry???

LOL!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

"Heres my best-case scenario for the coronavirus pandemic: With
existing vaccines, we turn covid-19 into an illness akin to the seasonal
flu. The virus might still be around and infect people. Some who get it
might still end up sick. But covid-19 no longer leads to overwhelmed
hospitals and terrifying death tolls, and by the end of 2021, we can
resume much of our pre-pandemic lives.

Im optimistic that this can happen because of a specific result in the
vaccine trials that, so far, has received little attention. Much has
been made of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines being 95 percent
efficacious in preventing symptomatic illness. Thats a terrific result,
but its not the most important one. Im not so impressed if a vaccine
can prevent someone from developing a sore throat or runny nose. I care
about whether vaccination means that people wont become severely ill €”
to the point that they require hospitalization.

On this front, outcomes from the Pfizer and Moderna trials are
extraordinary. In the Pfizer study, 170 participants had symptoms and
were found to have covid-19. Five people ended up hospitalized; all five
were in the placebo group. In the Moderna study, 196 participants had
symptomatic covid-19. Ten people were hospitalized; only one was in the
group that received the vaccine.

I cannot overemphasize this result: Out of more than 30,000 people who
received either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, only one person became
ill enough to be hospitalized.

This is the end point we should be scrutinizing with other vaccine
candidates. Consider the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which is expected to
seek emergency-use authorization this month. (Full disclosu I am a
volunteer participant in this trial.) Some have already raised questions
about Johnson & Johnsons preliminary results, asking why people would
take a vaccine thats only 72 percent efficacious in the United States
when the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are 95 percent efficacious.

But lets look at the crucial measure of hospitalization. The results
released thus far show that the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson
vaccine was 85 percent successful in protecting against severe disease.
Crucially, not a single person who received the vaccine was hospitalized
or died.

This is particularly striking because this vaccine trial had a site in
South Africa, where nearly all the cases of covid-19 were due to
infection with the dominant variant there, known as B.1.351. When it
came to protecting against symptomatic disease, the vaccine appeared to
be less effective in South Africa (57 percent) compared with the United
States (72 percent), but it prevented all cases of hospitalizations with
the B.1.351 variant, too."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-coronavirus_1