Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Rudy sued for $1.3 bil by Dominion

On Monday, January 25, 2021 at 1:47:00 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 25 Jan 2021 09:54:27 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

Excellent. I can't wait to see Rudy try to show the evidence for
all the lies he put forth. We now have three of these, the other
being Dominion suing Sydney Powell and a D exec suing a bunch
of similar people for defamation. It will be the forum to establish
the facts or lack of them.

I want to see the widow and children of the Capitol policeman murdered
by the mob sue trump. He claims to have money, more money than Rudy.

That's an interesting angle, but probably won't work. Govt officials have broad
immunity from those kinds of suits.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Excellent. I can't wait to see Rudy try to show the evidence for
all the lies he put forth. We now have three of these, the other
being Dominion suing Sydney Powell and a D exec suing a bunch
of similar people for defamation. It will be the forum to establish
the facts or lack of them.

I want to see the widow and children of the Capitol policeman murdered
by the mob sue trump. He claims to have money, more money than Rudy.

That's an interesting angle, but probably won't work. Govt officials have broad
immunity from those kinds of suits.

Not if he was acting ultra vires, and a case could be made that that's a
question of fact for the jury. There aren't too many precedents for
actions like his if you start before the election when he said if he
lost there was fraud.

I'm not sure if the article of impeachment includes that, the two months
after the election, the speech, the encouragement he gave them during or
was it right after the attack on Congress. I sure hope so.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The Repubs are certifying their party as the Government Overthrow Party.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I just heard a quote from Lindsey Graham about Trump's impeachment.
He said that the Republicans need Trump going forward and he needs them.
Stunning how complete Trump's takeover has been and that dopes like Graham
are still on the evil orange clown cult bus, even after it's gone over the cliff.
And the sane, moral, honest ones like Portman are bailing out. If Biden and
Pelosi don't totally screw up, 2022 looks like another good year so far.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

If people are still wearing masks (maybe 4 by then) standing in line
to vote, it won't be for the democrat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I've never seen you make an accurate prediction, so I think I know how this
one will go. Whether you like it or not, the country is (slowly) moving to
the left. The old white guys had a good run.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You are probably right. It makes gold, ammo and MREs an attractive
investment.
You have kids who have made horrible financial decisions running a
government that has made horrible financial decisions and think stuff
from the government is free. What could possibly go wrong?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I'll pass on each of those since I'm not seeing the upside, but we were
pretty fortunate to be able to buy 250 shares of Gamestop stock at $13 a
week or two ago. Today's closing price was $347.51, giving us a gain of
about $80K in less than 2 weeks.

You have kids who have made horrible financial decisions running a
government that has made horrible financial decisions and think stuff
from the government is free. What could possibly go wrong?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/28/2021 3:35 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:

You are probably right. It makes gold, ammo and MREs an attractive
investment.

I'll pass on each of those since I'm not seeing the upside, but we were
pretty fortunate to be able to buy 250 shares of Gamestop stock at $13 a
week or two ago. Today's closing price was $347.51, giving us a gain of
about $80K in less than 2 weeks.

Probably a good time to unload it before the bubble bursts. I bet a lot
of late comers will get hit hard.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I hope you had the good sense to sell it by now. This is another sad example
of bad things that can come from the internet. I'm surprised it's taken this long.
You can't make something intrinsically worthless worth anything by executing
a short squeeze. A lot of little guys are going to get hurt badly when this
returns to zero or close to it. Additionally some of them may face securities
law charges, for stock manipulation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 9:21:47 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/28/2021 3:35 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:

You are probably right. It makes gold, ammo and MREs an attractive
investment.

I'll pass on each of those since I'm not seeing the upside, but we were
pretty fortunate to be able to buy 250 shares of Gamestop stock at $13 a
week or two ago. Today's closing price was $347.51, giving us a gain of
about $80K in less than 2 weeks.

Probably a good time to unload it before the bubble bursts. I bet a lot
of late comers will get hit hard.

Most of these people think they can get out anytime, get out if it goes down
5%, etc. It's very possible it will end with trading being halted either by the
exchange or SEC. In which case, if you are still holding it, you're toast.
Bunker Hunt learned a similar lesson back in 1980 when he tried to corner
the silver market. Those running the markets won. And even if that doesn't
happen, it could suddenly plummet by 50% or more as everyone tries to get
out at the same time. I would expect there are plenty of dummies that have
most of their IRA in this, have used margin to buy it, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 09:21:39 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/28/2021 3:35 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:

You are probably right. It makes gold, ammo and MREs an attractive
investment.

I'll pass on each of those since I'm not seeing the upside, but we were
pretty fortunate to be able to buy 250 shares of Gamestop stock at $13 a
week or two ago. Today's closing price was $347.51, giving us a gain of
about $80K in less than 2 weeks.

Probably a good time to unload it before the bubble bursts. I bet a lot
of late comers will get hit hard.

We had a stop loss order in place, updated daily, to trigger a sell if the
stock tanked. As expected, it tanked this morning and the stop loss order
kicked in.

The folks hit hardest were some hedge fund managers who had been betting
that the stock would go down while it was in fact rising. One of them said
today that his fund lost over $1.3 billion and that he'd be selling some of
his prized Apple and target stocks to cover the loss.

Now the Reddit folks are doing it again with a handful of other stocks.
They seem to be enjoying themselves immensely.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Yep, we configured a stop loss order, updated daily, to automatically sell
if the price drops. As expected, it dropped this morning, triggering a
complete sell-off. Now I need to figure out what to do with $87k of what,
until a few days ago, used to be someone else's money.

This is another sad example
of bad things that can come from the internet. I'm surprised it's taken this long.
You can't make something intrinsically worthless worth anything by executing
a short squeeze.

I agree in theory, but the diamond industry has been doing exactly that for
many decades.

A lot of little guys are going to get hurt badly when this
returns to zero or close to it. Additionally some of them may face securities
law charges, for stock manipulation.

That's kind of the problem. There's nothing illegal going on but I
understand that the Feds are looking to see if they need to make any
changes in this area.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 07:26:33 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

People who are manually initiating buy/sell orders are always going to be
at a tremendous disadvantage compared to letting a computer manage it.
Those same people may not even realize that trades continue to happen
regardless of whether the market is open. A computer can watch all related
activity, around the clock, and will carry out your decisions without
emotion or delay. Humans like to sleep and do other things.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/28/2021 7:09 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I hope you had the good sense to sell it by now. This is another sad example
of bad things that can come from the internet. I'm surprised it's taken this long.
You can't make something intrinsically worthless worth anything by executing
a short squeeze. A lot of little guys are going to get hurt badly when this
returns to zero or close to it. Additionally some of them may face securities
law charges, for stock manipulation.

Did you read about what happened. Apparently hedge funds had short sold
more that all the shares available, and the new crowd tried to call
their bluff.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/27/b...3e91b65130eb97

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 2:38:23 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
On 1/28/2021 7:09 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I hope you had the good sense to sell it by now. This is another sad example
of bad things that can come from the internet. I'm surprised it's taken this long.
You can't make something intrinsically worthless worth anything by executing
a short squeeze. A lot of little guys are going to get hurt badly when this
returns to zero or close to it. Additionally some of them may face securities
law charges, for stock manipulation.

Did you read about what happened. Apparently hedge funds had short sold
more that all the shares available, and the new crowd tried to call
their bluff.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/27/b...3e91b65130eb97

Yes, I had the general idea of what happened. I was just listening to the right wingers
on the radio, eg Hannity, Curtis Sliwa siding with the Reddit mob, complaining about the
short sellers allegedly killing jobs, etc. But it's not the short sellers manipulating the price,
it;s the Reddit mob. The short sellers were betting that the company is failing and that
the stock was not worth $15, that it would go down. That Reddit mob drove it up to $350
which is only the result of their organized manipulation. From what I know of securities
laws, that's illegal. But the talking heads are portraying them as heroes, not one word
about what the outcome will be. I posted early this morning that Jim here better bail, because
trading could be halted or they could do what the commodities exchanges did to Bunker
Hunt with silver in 1980. Hours later today, that's exactly what happened, the authorities put
trading restrictions in place so you can only exit a position, not take on new positions.
The stock was immediately cut in half. This could be very bad, the beginning of crazies
using the internet to mobilize mobs to destroy the security markets.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Ain't market manipulation great?
They stopped trading for guys like you and me tho.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Unlikely.

it won't be for the democrat.

Depends on what produced that. If the virus
manages to mutate so that no vaccine works,
that won't be the fault of the govt and so its
unlikely to have any effect on the dem vote
except with the most stupid who believe that
there is always a magic wand ready to wave.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

If that was true, Trump wouldn't have won the first time, stupid.

The old white guys had a good run.

Still plenty that will keep doing fine.

Even someone as stupid as you should
have noticed that that's what Joe is. In
fact the oldest prez ever, and a white guy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Some places stopped trading**, other places didn't. Fidelity was among
those who didn't stop trading, for example. It didn't matter to me, I
bailed at $345.

**Partial trading, I should say. Sales were never halted anywhere, AFAIK,
but some places stopped allowing us regular people to buy in an effort to
slow or stop the runaway train. Institutional trading was never halted,
from what I heard.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You are probably right.

He clearly isnt with the last bit given that Joe is
the oldest white guy who has ever been prez.

It makes gold, ammo and MREs an attractive investment.

That remains to be seen with gold.

You have kids who have made horrible financial decisions running
a government that has made horrible financial decisions and think
stuff from the government is free. What could possibly go wrong?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 11:14:59 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the obnoxious senile asshole's latest troll**** unread

--
addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bull****ter who demonstrates
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I'm not so sure that nothing illegal was going on. When you organize a whole bunch
of people to act together to artificially manipulate the price of a stock, I believe
that is in fact illegal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

That's a factor only if you're doing split second day trading. It had nothing to
do with what went on with Gamestop.

Those same people may not even realize that trades continue to happen
regardless of whether the market is open. A computer can watch all related
activity, around the clock, and will carry out your decisions without
emotion or delay. Humans like to sleep and do other things.

Yes, it will carry them out, eg execute a sell order on a stop, but that doesn't
mean if you have an order in to sell at 150 that you're going to get filled at 150
when everyone has sell orders hitting at the same time. It also does you no
good if the exchange halts trading, which they can and have done in extreme cases.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 02:35:05 -0600, Jim Joyce posted for all of us to digest...

I'll pass on each of those since I'm not seeing the upside, but we were
pretty fortunate to be able to buy 250 shares of Gamestop stock at $13 a
week or two ago. Today's closing price was $347.51, giving us a gain of
about $80K in less than 2 weeks.

That is because the smart kids have figured out what the Dems have being doing
with the financial markets.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

In this case, the exchange didn't halt trading.

Now the big dust-up is that the Robinhood folks halted buying via their
app, so that stopped the retail buying for people who use that app, but
they didn't halt selling, and they didn't do anything at all to hinder the
institutionalists (the hedge fund managers). Thus, they disadvantaged the
little guys and benefited the hedge fund managers, the very people they
claim to be against. It seems like they felt some real pressure to give the
hedge fund managers an opportunity to get out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 11:14:59 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

People always blame the party in charge.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 16:45:17 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Actually gold is a cliche. I would rather have silver in a serious
economic calamity. I might give you a silver dime for a loaf of bread
but it is hard to make change from a Krugerrand.

Ammo is really spiking and the economy is still chugging along.
Imagine what that would be like if it was Mad Max time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Better sell them quick before they hit $0.97

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The Repubs are determined to find out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 11:14:59 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

That's only true of the most stupid like you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 16:45:17 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

Actually gold is a cliche.

That's bull**** too.

I would rather have silver in a serious economic calamity.

There is no serious economic calamity.

I might give you a silver dime for a loaf of bread
but it is hard to make change from a Krugerrand.

You don't use either one for that, stupid.

Ammo is really spiking

Not because there is a serious economic calamity,
that's because some fools are worried that a dem
controlled congress will take away their ammo.

and the economy is still chugging along.

So you spewed more mindless ****, as always.

Imagine what that would be like if it was Mad Max time.

That's never gunna happen, stupid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I sold at $345 (after buying at $13) but just now I see that GME has
rebounded to $325. When it dipped to $225 yesterday, I suppose a number of
people took it as a sign to double down and load up. Having made enough on
this deal, I'm now on the sidelines, just watching.

Sooner or later, it has to go back to the price where it belongs. Gamestop
stores are in malls, and no one is going to malls, which is why they were
on the brink of bankruptcy when the Reddit kids jumped in. I figure you can
only artificially prop them up for so long. I saw today that hedge fund
managers have so far lost nearly $20 billion dollars on this one stunt, and
there are multiple similar stunts going on right now in parallel.

In all the stories and all the reporting on these Reddit stunts, no one is
suggesting that anything illegal is involved. The hedge fund managers are
royally ****ed because they're losing at their own game, but even they
aren't saying anything illegal is going on. It's David and Goliath, and
Goliath is getting his ass kicked.

Posted to alt.home.repair

FLUSH the trolling senile Australian asshole's latest troll**** unread

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 15:35:19 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile Australian pest's latest troll**** unread

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I heard someone explaining the technical details of the issue on the radio.
He sounded knowledgeable. He said the issue was the capitol requirements
that are required for broker/dealers and that due to so many people holding
positions in Gamestop and it's value, Robinhood no longer had the required
capitol required. Had they not put the measures in place, they would have
been in violation of the law or exchange rules.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

That's pretty much word for word what the Robinhood CEO said in a TV
interview. Pretty quickly, he was followed on multiple channels by
financial experts saying he was blowing smoke, and that it appeared that he
blocked retail buying (because buying drives the price up) as a response to
pressure he was likely receiving from the hedge fund people (who needed the
price to fall). Selling, which drives the price down, was never blocked.

It doesn't matter much, though. Robinhood caved, after the hedge fund
managers had time to get out, and no other brokerage houses followed suit
to block anything.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

The whole "selling short" seems like a scam to me. Borrowing shares
from the broker to sell and then buy back cheaper? If the hedge funds
got caught in their own game, good for them. Legal thievery?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/31/2021 10:32 AM, Heywood wrote:
The whole "selling short" seems like a scam to me. Borrowing shares
from the broker to sell and then buy back cheaper? If the hedge funds
got caught in their own game, good for them. Legal thievery?

There is the version of capitalism that you learned about in 9th grade
civics class and then there is the real world. Soros made billions
shorting the British pound and almost brought down the Bank of England
but that was just good clean fun, entirely legal.

Wall Street was amused by a bunch of scruffy hippies camping out during
OWS, but rip up one of their own and do they squeal. No problem, the
government has their backs. That $800,000 Citadel gave Yellen for
muttering a few platitudes over rubber chicken dinners will pay for itself.

Fuel Conditioner (Sta-Bil) twfsa Home Repair 17 September 27th 06 03:12 PM
Until Rudy seeks the raindrops sadly, Dilbert won't help any thin hallways. Mike Dembroge Woodworking 0 June 27th 06 05:24 AM
The active pumpkin rarely behaves Rudy, it pulls Marla instead. Tom Watson Woodworking 0 May 15th 06 08:50 PM
Fresh Start vs. Sta-bil G Home Repair 7 November 9th 05 07:38 AM
Use Of Sta-Bil Gas Fuel Stabilizer Robert11 Home Repair 14 November 1st 05 03:45 PM